Us Airways Asks Judge To Cut Workers' Salaries

The sad thing is I think everyone would agree to a 10% paycut ASAP. But noooooooo, management is going to duke it out with the unions in petty court fights. 23% is an obscene, unrealistic paycut that just completely aliented an already pissed off work force. It's already late now. Seeing what they are asking; I know these guys have no clue on how to manage an airline in today's world.

The airline put out false information to the local Pittsburgh newspaper saying the average salary at USAIRWAYS is around $35,000...

I think most employees are not making that...and must be weighted higher with pilot salarys averaged in ....

It's called using "statistics". The thing is , you can use just about any type of statistics you want to make your point look good. Factor in, or out, pilot pay, management pay, full time pay, part time pay. Profit/loss, etc. Thats why company's use statistics to the advantage they want to portray. It could just as easily be broken down to various work groups or full vs. part time statistics, but it wouldnt look as high. I wander what the statistics for management and exec pay look like, on average????