amt4u said:
B737-300: 5,900 lbs/hour
B737-400: 6,300 lbs/hour
A319: 5,600 lbs/hour
A320: 5,900 lbs/hour
A321: 6,600 lbs/hour

FUEL 1 GL = 7.5 LBS.
[post="254840"][/post]​

The weight of 1 gallon of Jet A is temperature dependent, and averages 6.84 lbs/gallon.

USA320Pilot said:
Some of the traditional "pessimists and naysayersâ€￾ on this message board questioned and disputed my comments on Boeing vs. Airbus fuel efficiency in US Airways' fleet. 

[post="254512"][/post]​

You know what 320 If you would provide backup proof of all your claims on here you might be a creditable source of information instead with your constant banter of being a insider with inside information that never pans out you just get burnt like a cat on a hot tin roof.

Of course you got slaughtered in the thread anyway when all was said and done. But hey you tried.

usairways_vote_NO said:
Of course you got slaughtered in the thread anyway when all was said and done. But hey you tried.
[post="254921"][/post]​

UVN,

The problem is that USA320's "proof" is often partial information chosen to "prove" his point. This case is no different.

What he has done here is equivalent to a situation where you & I have identical cars. You drive only long distances on interstates and I drive short distances with traffic lights every block. Comparing fuel milage, you could claim you car was more fuel efficient. But is it that ypur car is intrinsically more fuel efficient or that your mode of operation produces better milage and not your car?

Jim

aafsc said:
People seem to enjoy Southwests' 737s.
[post="254531"][/post]​

Not the ones with the old brown seats (all the -300 models I think). They're just as short and uncomfortable as a US 737.

Jim,

I know I am very poor with my responses sometimes. When I said proof a better though probably not best word would have been fact. I mean it seems a rarity he ever posts anything with hard number facts. Granted I knew his facts wouldn't hold water (I used slaughter in place of writing the car story like you did) for his original argument. But for once , maybe to encourage more of factual type posts from him, I wanted to give him credit for trying. Was that so wrong and so not like me? :blink: