US Airways employees are the best!

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
Your friend's experience is typical of the service I receive every week from the folks at US Airways. Without a doubt they are the best in the entire airline industry. This is why I get so upset at management for not taking care of their best and most vital asset--their people.

I had another fine experience this past Sunday on US 635 from PIT to LAS- the entertainment system in the airplane wouldn't work right so the lead FA said he was going to sing! He kept a great attitude and did a fantastic job working just about by himself in a full F cabin.

I spoke with some of my colleagues from other companies at a trade show I am attending who are DL Medallions totally upset at their recent changes. I have so far gotten 2 of them to try US. I think they will have the same experience as your friend had.

I would also like to express my thanks once again to all the fine US people I come in contact with on a regular basis. It's due to you that I remain fiercely loyal! Now if only we could fix the fares.......

My good friend and next door neighbor is a very FF at AA. With my prodding he flew to FRA this past week on US through CLT.
He was scheduled to return on Sunday but due to a wreck on the autobon he was delayed, missed his flight, and returned on Monday. Talking with him this morning he could not speak highly enough of the folks at US Airways and Piedmont helping him to be rerouted and get him home.
He says the service was excellent, the employees couldn't have been more understanding or hardworking, and will be using US for all of his future travels when able beginning tomorrow.
Thanks to all involved especially Res, FRA, CLT, PGV.

Yes its the U employees that keep us coming back again and again!!!!

They are the best - bar none!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/4/2003 12:19:44 PM PineyBob wrote:

Think Delta would do that? I know they won't!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Unfortunately, PineyBob you are wrong. I've had DL do that for me and then some. However, airlines can't always cater to those who show up at the last minute for a flight. Suppose that by holding the plane for you, US caused other passengers with tight connections to mis-connect? While you walk away with a good feeling about US, those people who just got screwed have just the opposite impression.

That's not to say I think US customer service is bad. I'm sure US provides fine customer service, however I don't think US's service is any better than the rest. All of the major network carriers, provide pretty much the same customer service. Each airline has good and bad.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/4/2003 12:49:54 PM DLFlyer31 wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/4/2003 12:19:44 PM PineyBob wrote:

Think Delta would do that? I know they won't!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Unfortunately, PineyBob you are wrong. I've had DL do that for me and then some. However, airlines can't always cater to those who show up at the last minute for a flight.
----------------
[/blockquote]

My experience on DL is similar to Bob's. In both cases,I had confirmed F tickets. In the first case, I arrived at the gate 12 minutes before departure (pre 9/11) and my seat had been given to a stand-by. The other instance in ATL involved a gate agent calling ahead to tell my outbound gate that I would be there. I made it from T3 to B2 in 6 minutes. They closed up the airplane, sat at the gate for 45 minutes in a ground hold while I walked over to Airtran and got onboard their next flight (and have not been on DL since).

When US has an operational problem, I get a phone call with a solution and a protected seat. Incredible service from very nice people.

Ok here's another US1 with nothing but praise for the employees of U. But what is wrong with some of the F/A's lately?? Don't bite my head off yet!! Lately they have been hiding in the galley during the flights. And some look as though they don't care that there is a plane load of PAX helping to keep them flying. I realize a lot of F/A's have been furloughed, but those remaining still have a job (and a job to go to).

Cheer up a bit. Make the flight a bit more pleasant instead of dropping the pretzels and the plastic cup of pop in front of me. Smile for once. Lord knows I'm pleasant to everyone at U. At least make it seem like you are happy we are flying U.

I have had to fly UA and HP recently. I think U needs to follow what these airlines are doing to help pass the time on a flight. Both of these airlines use their monitors on the 737's and 319/320's to show TVprograms (UA) or trivia (HP). Plus on UA you can use headphones (that are placed in every seatback) to listen to music. What prevents U from doing this. Help pass the time by distracting the PAX and maybe we won't notice the F/A's are bored with the PAX. I'd even be willing to buy a pair of headphones from U (revenue $$$ opportunity here) if they would let us listen to some music in flight. I am tired of falling asleep during my flights or reading another paperback.

I have emailed U management about this small perks that UA and HP offer and I haven't had a reply back. Maybe the employees can express this wish from us PAX. Afterall, keep the PAX happy and we'll keep you happy.
16.gif']

trvler,

I'm sorry you've had this experience with us lately. While it's no excuse, I believe many of us are scared, nervous, depressed and just feeling defeated. We've given so much and it seems it's not helping our situation. Everyday we hear more bad news about our airline. More lay offs, more pay cuts, loss of pensions and little job security. I believe most of us do our best, please forgive us for letting it show how it's getting to us. Most of us are professional enough to keep our focus on serving our passengers to the best of our abilities under an enormous amount of stress.

I am personally grateful to all of you who do choose to fly with us, in spite of certain members of management who don't appreciate your loyalty. Thank you for your business. It does mean a lot to us to hear a kind word and see a smile these days. I'll try to make sure my customers get a smile and an extra bit of gratitude. Thanks for the reminder.

Dea