US Airways Express flight attendants threaten strike

It's only a matter of time before a strike happens here... the disgust across all labor groups is palpable.

Disgust among labor groups is not an indicator of willingness to strike, even in good economic times. During a double dip recession, or on the cusp of a truly huge depression, labor is bringing a squirt pistol to a gunfight. Been there, done that, (got the red t-shirt :)

It ain't personal, just business.

The reality of life in the US these days, and the economic picture is stark. Make the best deal you can live with, everyone is very easily replaced these days.

If there is one thing I do, it's keep up. :rolleyes: And I remember things for a long time.

If you deny you ever applied to US, you're either dishonest now, or you were dishonest then.

But wait, I'm getting redundant.

You and I know I'm telling the truth. :D It was a good while ago , but it did happen.

Think about it Boy Genius. I applied on line for a job in the training department. Airlines almost NEVER hire from outside their little insular world. Especially for training as much is highly industry specific and with no real experience I knew I had no shot when I clicked <Submit>. I did it just to see if I could get an interview as this was at the height of the struggles and Senior People at US knew who I was. Truth is I wouldn't hire me for the position as while I possessed superior platform and presentation skills but my only industry knowledge was what I learned here. Plus my e-mail on the app was my screen name here.

If I had gotten a call from US for an interview I'd be on a respirator now in a coma from the shock. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I applied on line for a job in the training department.

FACT:

You made an attempt at a humorous post which gave a less than flattering image of US mainline and Express employees.

You were called out as a rejected US applicant. :(

You at first attempted to deflect the issue and ridicule me, and after my subsequent post, you admit it. :eek:

Thank you for testifying as to the accuracy and truthfulness of my posting. :D

Welcome back Dilligas, good to see your comments.

That explains a lot about his animosity to the company.

Clearly neither one of you genius's haven't looked for a job lately. Here are a few things that will get you screened. Remember they're not looking to INCLUDE they're looking to EXCLUDE

The Job Opening was in Training as in training Res agents, gate agents etc etc. Bear in mind BEFORE your resume is even in human hands the resume screening software has parsed the document looking for keywords like "Airline, SABRE, SHARES, GDS, Customer, and other words input into the search engine. All of the above Keywords were not in my resume so I was likely screened out before a human read it.

Let's assume I did reach the human review stage which is usually between 50 and 100 applicants. First thing they do is look for indicators, date of graduation, date of hire with first employer. If you're over 50 out you go. I was over 50. Next they see a ton of training experience which you would think is a transferable skill set. Why would a company hire someone with no industry experience when they have 10 to 50 candidates who do? The answer is they wouldn't unless they had an applicant pool of 3 or 4 and my work history would get me an interview as the talent pool would be so small.

Truth is when I filled out the app I was bored and very happy where I was. I wanted to see if I could get a phone interview even. I never expected a call as I know how the game is played. I might have been the greatest Trainer on the face of the Planet, but being over 50 and out of the industry and you have called strikes before you get up to bat.

It's a very very ugly job market folks,

Disgust among labor groups is not an indicator of willingness to strike, even in good economic times. During a double dip recession, or on the cusp of a truly huge depression, labor is bringing a squirt pistol to a gunfight. Been there, done that, (got the red t-shirt :)

It ain't personal, just business.

The reality of life in the US these days, and the economic picture is stark. Make the best deal you can live with, everyone is very easily replaced these days.

You obviously don't know the attitude out there.. Who knows what kind of strike it will be, I'm not sure we will all walk out of the cockpit.. But Chaos is an option.

yeah it is business, and we ain't f****** around... sorry but let's see if they call our bluff....