Flight Attendant's Authorize Strike!

ITRADE said:
Contrary to his assertion, and as noted by Kev3188, there are very very few 3d and 4th generation commercial aircraft available for the taking. And US's well-maintained fleet would be very much a likely asset.
[post="228940"][/post]​

Except that the 320 family aircraft are gradually coming due for their heavy checks.

ITRADE said:
Oh, so the press release about Chaos is designed to benefit and encourage passengers?
[post="228950"][/post]​

You're beatin' a dead horse my friend. 700 and PITbull will ALWAYS blame EVERYTHING on management.

delldue :up:

AFA...At lease your group has the gon@D$
to stand up.unlike the whimpy CWA>>>>>The LOSERS.....

GO AFA!!!! :up: :up: :up: :up:

Stand up for what? Have you not read people on here state that the chaos threat is just negotiating tactics? There will soon be another TA to be sent down to the members of the FA, you watch.

ITRADE said:
Oh, so the press release about Chaos is designed to benefit and encourage passengers?
[post="228950"][/post]​

Sure it was, just as Bronner's rants offered similiar comforts - I'd say sauce for the goose, yes?

Regarding a strike, CHAOS or otherwise, it is intended to deprive management of revenue, and make them receptive to labor's proposals.

Management has the same tool. The intent of a lock-out, or the threat of abrogation, is to deprive employees of revenue, and make them amenable to management's proposals.

Under normal circumstances, rational thought prevails, and the contract is something everyone can live with. Unfortunately, these are not normal times. And unfortunately, passengers are caught in the middle. But I think everyone understands if the situation is grave enough to strike, you HAVE TO MEAN IT - or management will call your bluff.

Nonetheless, management shoved labor into the corner. Is anyone surprised labor shoved back?

Most employees have put in 1,2, or 3 decades of their lives into U. They surely don't want to bring it down, but they will - if the terms are unacceptable to them.

diogenes said:
Sure it was, just as Bronner's rants offered similiar comforts - I'd say sauce for the goose, yes?

Regarding a strike, CHAOS or otherwise, it is intended to deprive management of revenue, and make them receptive to labor's proposals.
[post="228963"][/post]​

Ok, so you've proven the point that management is not the only one that has done harm to the company.

diogenes said:
Management has the same tool. The intent of a lock-out, or the threat of abrogation, is to deprive employees of revenue, and make them amenable to management's proposals.
[post="228963"][/post]​

Deprive employees of revenue. I don't understand what that means.

Nonetheless, is management issuing press releases to PR news wire threatening a strike/lock out?

ITRADE said:
Ok, so you've proven the point that management is not the only one that has done harm to the company.

Nonetheless, is management issuing press releases to PR news wire threatening a strike/lock out?
[post="228964"][/post]​

Lakefield knows that a lock-out will end the company as the dead bolt was clicked on the front doors. This is all brinksmanship. He doesn't think the employees have the guts to really stand up to him.

Winglet said:
Lakefield knows that a lock-out will end the company as the dead bolt was clicked on the front doors. This is all brinksmanship. He doesn't think the employees have the guts to really stand up to him.
[post="228966"][/post]​

The man has no clue how to run this business. He's just a mouth piece. Jerry Glass, Inc. is the one that was brought in to destroy labor and if necessary, the company, in the process. He's got his money, he's just here looking for the last dime left he can put in his pocket. Just my opinion... B)

statistically CHAOS occurs every single weekend. And that didn't change during the best of financial times.

I think it has just reached the point where employees don't give a rats a$$ about the customers. The fight is between management and the employees. It's called a market correction, and the employees are obviously tired of supporting bad business and ridiculously low airfares. It is apparent that we are fast approaching the minimum level for what the market will bear in regards to airline employee compensation.

Its always interesting to see airline union members so eager to get into a circular firing squad.

But those that don't learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them.

Like I said, solvent airlnes could use your planes, seeing as you won't need them while you hasten the end of US.

US is a dinosaur, unadaptable and unwilling to change, and destined to extinction.

ITRADE said:

[post="228964"][/post]​

Lots of employees live paycheck to paycheck. How long can they afford to be on strike? Management historically plays this card well.

Every time I turn around, the Palace is hollering abrogation.

It is a very ugly process, and I don't like that passengers get caught in the middle. But labor didn't get here all by their little lonesome.

PineyBob said:
I know a time when your former employer was know as "America Worst" AND they had the performance stats to prove it. I was out in PHX when the FAA came within hours of Grounding you because of faulty record keeping. You changed so why can't US?
[post="229004"][/post]​

AWA didn't change overnight. US Airways, unfortunately, has about three weeks left before what could be a fatal sequence of events.

I maintain that if the judge abrogates the contracts, one union or another will strike. So US needs to get TAs ratified before the judge rules. It's possible that if US has only one outstanding contract (say, the IAM) and the others are ratified (which is iffy), then they might ask for more time, or the IAM might agree not to strike while talks continue.

But right now, unfortunately, I think the odds are against US still flying a month from now.

Absolutely! This is serious stuff my fellow flight attendants. I have been furloughed with unemployment benefits. Forcing the company to furlough is that what we are really saying. I wonder? Think long and hard before you step.

nycbusdriver said:
Well now we know how USAirways plans to rid itself of the 1000 flight attendants it plans to "furlough." The AFA will whittle away their own ranks through CHAOS. Or, in other words, out-of-seniority furlough (without benefit of unemployment compensation or other furlough protections) at the hands of the union.

Should get very interesting when the first bunch of 30+ year int'l F/A's are told to play CHAOS on Flight 3 (FCO-PHL) for a few hours. What will happen when they finally get ready to work the flight and the company says their jobs have been eliminated and they will be recalled in seniority order when needed?

CHAOS will last a week or two until the word gets out that: CHAOS = furlough-without-unemployment payments.

This time around, it's all or nothing, gals and guys. Good luck.
[post="228675"][/post]​

Latest posts