Us Airways Gets Support

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways Gets Support

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - In a declaration of support and acknowledgement for US Airways, its employees, and their families, the Pennsylvania General Assembly passed a resolution commending the company’s contributions to the Commonwealth. The resolution identifies US Airways as a “rich component of the economic, commercial, cultural and social fabricâ€￾ of the Commonwealth. It further describes US Airways employees as dedicated and notes that US Airways has contributed greatly to safe and reliable air transportation, which has benefited Pennsylvania.

PineyBob said:
WOWee!

A freaking resolution! SHOW THEM THE MONEY.

PHL's finest ex longshoreman/congressman was cought on tape in ABSCAM saying

"Money Talks and BULL Feces walks"

So fast Eddie instead of locking up innocent men on death row why not help an airline that is one of the states laargest employers or isn't that politically expedient for you?
Getting a little nervous about all those frequent flyer miles, huh Bob?

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways Gets Support

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - In a declaration of support and acknowledgement for US Airways, its employees, and their families, the Pennsylvania General Assembly passed a resolution commending the company’s contributions to the Commonwealth. The resolution identifies US Airways as a “rich component of the economic, commercial, cultural and social fabricâ€￾ of the Commonwealth. It further describes US Airways employees as dedicated and notes that US Airways has contributed greatly to safe and reliable air transportation, which has benefited Pennsylvania.
Well if that doesn't sound like a going away present I don't know what does.

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways Gets Support

cool,we need all the support we can get.... ;)

PineyBob said:
If Ed Rendell has money for Norweigens then he can open the state treasury for a Bumpkin from AL and his merry band of bumblers at CCY
Feel free to urge the government of New Jersey to toss money at a failing enterprise that kicked your state's #2 metro area in the groin. It's clear that PA is not going to do that.

US is going to get a nice reduction in their cost at PIT as a result of the forthcoming slots-bond. It's more than they deserve.

PineyBob said:
Bear96,

In a word, NO! I don't have that many because I use them regularly.

Second Ed Rendell is a turd! Pure and simple. During his tenure as PHL District Attorney he KNOWNINGLY put an innocent man on death row to further his political career.

Look it up, Commonwealth of PA vs Neil Ferber.

I've mentioned this case several times and no one has EVER challenged the veracity of my commentary. Know why, because it's true! If it was an evil Republican, the mindless Limbaugh like Democrats would be all over it and Rendell

You're all "Buy American" no NAFTA Democrats, why not do your freaking homework and ask Ed Rendell about the Kaeverner Shipyard deal. 322 MILLION dollars for a Norweigen shipbuilding company to keep the PHL Naval Shipyard open. When did Norway become the 51st state? If Ed Rendell has money for Norweigens then he can open the state treasury for a Bumpkin from AL and his merry band of bumblers at CCY
Huh???

Was all that Rendell stuff directed to me???

Where did you ever get the idea I was a die-hard Rendell supporter?

I was just commenting on how you seem to want PA taxpayers to continue to prop up your endangered U FF miles.

What does the death penalty have to do with that? :blink: :unsure:

I would like to add comment on how Rendell sacrified rnwy 8-26 in PHL for the sale of the shipyard. The Kvaerner company made it clear they needed the crane,which is right in the approach path of the runway. Now the runway has become more unuseable from its original intent. Maybe some pilots would like to give the actual technical landing data in relation to this landing obstruction. By the way, the runway cost was approx 220million. Now Rendell claims there will be more jobs coming from the new slot machines. Yeah, like maybe more state jobs! Just what we need more government in action. :shock:

PineyBob said:
If the state of PA has 322 million for 7,000 jobs at a Norwegain shipbuilder that is in financial difficulty then they can rescue US Airway and the 9,000+ jobs state wide.
Maybe this is where we disagree.

You think PA throwing a few more $$$ will ensure U's long term survival?

As someone else pointed out, why don't you get on the bandwagon and get NJ to contribute to the cause? A big chunk of the PHL metro area is in NJ and would benefit. Heck, I've even heard that some crazy NJ residents will drive from ACY to BWI just for the honor of changing planes on U.

Frontier69 said:
Maybe some pilots would like to give the actual technical landing data in relation to this landing obstruction.
Granted, I've never personally landed in PHL, but AirNav says that it's a 180-foot tall lighted crane, located 6,300 feet from the runway, requiring a 33:1 slope to clear on landing. Doesn't sound that unreasonable; that's a 0.6° slope.

PineyBob said:
...you can't fly SWA BWI- to Dallas or PHL to Dallas...
You can, but you have to buy two separate tickets to do so. You can thank the Wright and Shelby Amendments for that; they prevent ticketing from DAL to anyplace outside of NM/TX/OK/AR/LA/MS/AL. If you were to buy a WN ticket from BWI to, say, MSY, OKC, or TUL, and another WN ticket from that city to DAL, you can make the trip on WN. This technique is often referred to as the "Texas Two-Step."

And you can't go PHL-CLE on SWA either.
Yet.