Airbus A350 delay could affect US Airways

What do you think if US Airways will decide to keep or switch different aircraft?

• keep A350 XWB (very late 2015 delivery)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • switch to Boeing 777 only (instead of late delivery)

• switch to Boeing 787 only (instead of late delivery)

• switch to both Boeing 777 and 787 (instead of late delivery)

• Total voters
Austrian Airlines is getting rid of its four A332s with the same engines. That seems like a golden opportunity for US....

Austrian Airlines to cut Airbus A330 fleet in 2007, save €40 million a year
The Associated Press

Austrian Airlines AG said Thursday it will eliminate its fleet of four Airbus A330 long-haul jetliners in 2007, a move the national carrier said will save it about €40 million (US$51 million) a year.
The airline's board held a special meeting Wednesday to approve the plan to phase out the A330s, along with both of its Airbus A340-300 aircraft.
The reduction of the long-haul fleet means scheduled service to Shanghai will end on Jan. 7, flights to Phuket, Thailand, Mauritius and Colombo/Male, Sri Lanka, will stop at the end of April, and service to Katmandu, Nepal, will cease in May, Austrian Airlines said in a statement.
Prospective new routes to Karachi, Pakistan, and Chennai, India, will not be launched, the carrier said, adding that it would go ahead with a new U.S. destination — Chicago — in May.

These are A332s that would seem to fit nicely w/ US Airways needs. Not sure how quickly these will be sent back to ILFC or iF ILFC will make these available on terms that the sandcastle would want. Might still be a better deal to get some used 767s and wait for the new A332s that are on order.

Doug Parker, we want switched to B787-800!!!!!!!! Please. Please. Please. Come on.....

00005742.jpg

Concept Photo of second version of new US Airways livery.
http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairline...php?id=00005742

00005819.jpg

I liked this one best concept photo of new livery with US logo on tail. :up: :cool:
http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairline...php?id=00005819

It will not matter how late the planes are the new owner's of the soon to be defunct UScareways will purchase what they want and ignore the previous owner's plans.

Is it possible that the delay in the A350 will result in a more efficient aircraft since it is still in the desing phase? I was reading the other day on an aviation technology website about a new composite that uses layers of aluminum and glass and is supposed to be 20% lighter than even the wings on the 787. In the article it mention the 787 was too far along and already in the in the production phase and thus unable to benefit from this development. Is it possible the A350 uses this technology and is even more economical? More than likely the 737 replacement will use this as well but maybe buying the A350 will be to the benefit of US?

I find it very hard to understand how any company can buy a product that is still on paper and will not be available for 8 1/2 years.

Airbus keeps dropping the ball on this. Instead it builds a plane (380) thats is so "in your face ,we are the French" airplane that is unrealistic in the market. Just like the Concord, its a great idea but never made money.

BTW I just put my order in for my 2015 Buick. Not quite sure what it will look like but its got to be good.

wopr21

I find it very hard to understand how any company can buy a product that is still on paper and will not be available for 8 1/2 years.

Airbus keeps dropping the ball on this. Instead it builds a plane (380) thats is so "in your face ,we are the French" airplane that is unrealistic in the market. Just like the Concord, its a great idea but never made money.

BTW I just put my order in for my 2015 Buick. Not quite sure what it will look like but its got to be good.

wopr21

A Buick? The only people that drive Buick's are carrying AARP cards and headed for Denny's to enjoy their "Senior Grand Slam" breakfast.

Surely you jest.

No I'm not jesting, and don't call me Shirley!