US Airways is hiring in 3 cities, including Phoenix

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/2011/11/01/20111101us-airways-hiring-3-cities-including-phoenix.html
Oh, please, they lost the tax break for using overseas services. Most of us know the motivation, sugar coating it simply makes you look silly and, appear to be sort of a lackey.

VH doing what VH does best RES jobs?
Nice to see hiring but puleeeez Airports running at an all time minimum.
What about the contract agreement to east cost res center? Tons out of work in PIT???

Reactions: 1 person
How ANYONE can complain about 400 Union jobs coming back to the USA is beyond me.

The reason they're coming back has nothing to do with any "Tax Break" real or imagined. I rip Tempe a new one every chance I get, IF they deserve it. They don't deserve to be beat up one this time. It's a solid customer friendly move and that is good news.

These guys are first last & foremost spreadsheet types. The spreadsheet told them that the customer service issues, Vouchers, Compensation in general re-booking was costing them MORE to remain offshore than to return. Factor in the bad PR that UR gets and the move is really a no brainer

http://triangle.news14.com/content/local_news/648965/us-airways-returns-positions-to-twin-city
"The union at that time made a diligent effort to be able to save and retain as much in the contract as we could faced with the economic times," said Hardy.
The airline's part of the deal was to protect the remaining positions and eventually route all reservations calls made in the U.S. to U.S. call centers only.
"You will be able to outsource them with the knowledge of knowing that you have to bring the jobs back and that contingency was October 31 of 2011 and that has happened," Hardy said.

Sparrow,

The company was legally bound by the CBA between the CWA and US to bring the jobs back to the US, not cause they wanted too, they had too.

Sparrow,

The company was legally bound by the CBA between the CWA and US to bring the jobs back to the US, not cause they wanted too, they had too.

There here and that's good news. WHY doesn't really matter

How ANYONE can complain about 400 Union jobs coming back to the USA is beyond me.

The reason they're coming back has nothing to do with any "Tax Break" real or imagined. I rip Tempe a new one every chance I get, IF they deserve it. They don't deserve to be beat up one this time. It's a solid customer friendly move and that is good news.

These guys are first last & foremost spreadsheet types. The spreadsheet told them that the customer service issues, Vouchers, Compensation in general re-booking was costing them MORE to remain offshore than to return. Factor in the bad PR that UR gets and the move is really a no brainer
If you didnt care then why did you post this and what you posted was wrong.

Like I said, they were legally bound under the CBA and RLA to bring the jobs back to the US, plain and simple

If you didnt care then why did you post this and what you posted was wrong.

Like I said, they were legally bound under the CBA and RLA to bring the jobs back to the US, plain and simple

Because I knew about it months ago! And I also know that if this didn't make financial sense US would have pulled a USAPA and tried to weasel out of the deal they made through the courts.

I dont think US would, because if they did it would be a major dispute, not a minor and then the CWA/IBT would be able to strike.

I dont think US would, because if they did it would be a major dispute, not a minor and then the CWA/IBT would be able to strike.

You went head to head with those weasels so I'll defer to your opinion.

Still good news for employees and customers, something there has been precious little of.