US Airways looks to other Asia routes

Yes I can see it now. US to Tokyo and Seoul. US will add more econmy seating and take away more seats from business class. Not to worry.... Additional fuel stops might be need along the way. Possibly Hawaii or Guam.

I would rather fly WN if they bought long range aircraft. At least they would not add additional seating to their aircraft forcing the aircraft to make additional fuel stops.

US Airways "We are happy when you are un happy!"

In addition to Philadelphia to Shanghai service, do not be surprised if US Airways seeks service from Philadelphia to Tokyo, Seoul, and Tel Aviv, which will require about 10 A-340's.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Let's not put the horse before the buggy there USA320Pilot!!! :lol: Sure is easy to ramble off a bunch of dream destinations, when LCC has neither the authority nor the aircraft to fly any of said routes. :shock: :mf_boff: :eye:

What are the chances of acquiring a MNL or CEB non-stop route?

Slim to none, I'd think. Ive been to both and from USA only PR has nonstop to MNL, and it usually has a fuel stop in HNL. NW conx over NRT and UA doesnt even go there. To CEB only intl traffic I have seen is CX from HKG. Most Asian cities are conx thru NRT HKG or SEL. From HKG, only a couple hours to just about any point. CX and CI are nice trips due to on demand video and movies even in coach, with every seat having a video monitor with over 50 choices. Makes those 14 hour flights a breeze. TG to BKK is not daily service. And BKK is pretty far down in SE Asia to connect with much.

Let's not put the horse before the buggy there USA320Pilot!!! :lol: Sure is easy to ramble off a bunch of dream destinations, when LCC has neither the authority nor the aircraft to fly any of said routes. :shock: :mf_boff: :eye:
You are incorrect (Again).
US Airways has authority to fly non-stop from PHL to Hong Kong and anywhere in South Korea. Further, since Philadelphia has the 4th largest Jewish Population in America and 8th largest in the World and extensive investments in Israel, authority to TLV would be one sheet of paper. Better stick to something you know about.

You are incorrect (Again).
US Airways has authority to fly non-stop from PHL to Hong Kong and anywhere in South Korea. Further, since Philadelphia has the 4th largest Jewish Population in America and 8th largest in the World and extensive investments in Israel, authority to TLV would be one sheet of paper. Better stick to something you know about.

Having the "authority" and having the aircraft capable to fly said routes are 2 different things. Nice try.
As has been noted before, unless Tempe can somehow figure out how make an A321 capable of flying to TLV, HKG, NRT or any other International city, never mind transcon, you don't have the lift. And if PHL is such a great international gateway with a huge Jewish population, why haven't you been flying TLV for years??? Hey, i'd like DAL to fly SYD, but as of yet we don't have the metal capable of doing it, so why bother bragging about something you aren't capable of doing? Maybe DAL should start announcing routes we'd like to fly in the future if we ever get the aircraft!!! :lol:

Tempe,s First Class Meal Service to China b40660186.jpg

US does not have the route authority to fly to China, Hong Kong or TLV.

US does not have the route authority to fly to China, Hong Kong or TLV.
Well I don't know where you read that anyone said US had Authority to China or TLV. You are incorrect regarding Hong Kong. US has authority to fly non-stop to Hong Kong under DOT Order #N03-14303. And as I stated in my earlier post, US also has authority to Korea.

US has the code share authority, not the actual authority to fly the routes itself.

While it's true, Asian Carriers offer a far superior product to Asia, Ive flown most of them, and SQ or TG is the best, somehow NW and UA manage to hang in there. NW has the nasty, smelly interiors and bad food and cabin service, UA has nice clean cabins and good food, but very rude, poor and nasty cabin service. Once both carriers get to NRT, Asian cabin crews take over and is a world of difference.... :up: So maybe LCC can squeeze a nickel or two out of the route. Cant really be much worse than any other domestic carrier. But if Im paying money for a trip, it's going to CX, TG or SQ.

somewhat accurate but not exactly, UAL has flights throughtout asia with american crews UAL has US based flight attendants in NRT and Hong Kong,, Those people in those bases can transfer to chicago, dc, and san fran among any other U.S. base as well as any U.S. based flight attendant can transfer to any of those bases,, we all work under the same AFA contract and are on the same seniority list,, however UAL does have about 130 flight attendants that are based in Bangkok that are not AFA and are not part of the U.S. workforce, other than that we are all the same workforce, same seniority list, and same contract with the same service, I actually know some girls that were based in Chicago and are now based in NRT and are very pleasant people... Anyhow, there is no U.S. airline that can compete with the asian carriers unless we get rid of some of these cows... and start the weigh in process again,, think about how much we would save on fuel.. Thats it.. Rice it is from now on...

Cows? weigh in?

Guess you dont know that the airlines were sued over the weigh in issue and lost.

The FA has to be able to egress through the emergency exits.

Cows? weigh in?

Guess you dont know that the airlines were sued over the weigh in issue and lost.

The FA has to be able to egress through the emergency exits.

Seriously now, we all know that, however if they actually made them go through the window exit on the 737 during recurrent, half the people would be gone, because they couldnt fit their fat butt through the exit; as well as they should be gone, I get tired of sitting next to a can of crisco on the jumpseat. I feel like saying, lay off the biscoff, but i just look with disappointment and sigh.. I actually agree with the AWA hiring process when they make them push a loaded cart and run across a room etc. . of course there are laws against discrimination, but there are ways around it, that should be intact due to safety reasons anyway... I would pay money to see these tub of lards go through a window exit... pop some popcorn and watch the circus... LOL... It is honestly a disgrace.

Back