US Airways - new changes of Seat configurations

Do you mean it's necessary for actual take off rather than during pre-boarding at the gate? Otherwise, yeah - it makes no sense to me that F/A's would be mandated by FAA regs or even airline policies to stand at each set of doors during boarding.
Not clear on what you meant, but closing overheads and baggage related things are safety related and must be done prior to closure of front door and push-back from the gate. "Take-off", do you mean actual wheels-up? That would be much later after active taxi during which "non-safety" activities are not supposed to take place.

Mgt doesnt fly in coach. In fact they displace FFs.
I don't believe this is true at all. I think that management flies space-positive which can be upgraded to first class if there is space. Not only do I think that a space positive can NOT displace FFs, I'm pretty sure that they can not even displace MUST RIDE crew.

My exact point on needing clarification. If grandma rings her call bell and needs water for a pill, you get it and leave the galley. THAT has nothing to do with safety or FAR's. Do you guys get the point. Oh, and no f/a has EVER left his/her post to check out the crowd. ;) I'm hearing alot of excuses wrapped around company FAR bullcrap!! :down:

Not clear on what you meant, but closing overheads and baggage related things are safety related and must be done prior to closure of front door and push-back from the gate. "Take-off", do you mean actual wheels-up? That would be much later after active taxi during which "non-safety" activities are not supposed to take place.
I don't believe this is true at all. I think that management flies space-positive which can be upgraded to first class if there is space. Not only do I think that a space positive can NOT displace FFs, I'm pretty sure that they can not even displace MUST RIDE crew.
I've had 6 from top management on a flight and only 1 flew in F.

They won't have a soul absent elites in PHL or CLT on the elite ranks.

There is no point. If I'm connecting to a transcon, it's going to be on an airline where I have a reasonable chance of an upgrade (if I don't buy the F/YUP/whatever fare) or on UA (because E+ makes a transcon decent in coach).

I figured this would happen. I'm going to giggle once the LCC's finally chase the "run and hide" routine down once and for all.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I hear ya loud and clear, in adddition UA has a REAL f/c product. US is a crappy watered down picnic- Bad food, plastic glasses and styrofoam cups. The sandcastle needs to get their heads/ and butts out of the sand..PRONTO!

US is a crappy watered down picnic- Bad food, plastic glasses and styrofoam cups. The sandcastle needs to get their heads/ and butts out of the sand..PRONTO!

As of June 14, glassware is back on transcons, the menus have been changed and the food is now plated on lthe large plates of before.

Nobody has a right to down this team after YEARS of screwed up, money wasting and money robbing done by past management of the old US Airways. They DO listen! They SUCK at responding, but they listen.

As of June 14, glassware is back on transcons, the menus have been changed and the food is now plated on lthe large plates of before.

Nobody has a right to down this team after YEARS of screwed up, money wasting and money robbing done by past management of the old US Airways. They DO listen! They SUCK at responding, but they listen.
lcc. do not listen to these guys. it's gonna be 16 seats on the 321's period wether they like it or not. piney bob and art@isp do not run this airline . they can piss and moan about f/c all they want. it's all bouat cost .and if does not make sense to have 26 f/c seats on that a/c then it will be cut down.

lcc. do not listen to these guys. it's gonna be 16 seats on the 321's period wether they like it or not. piney bob and art@isp do not run this airline . they can piss and moan about f/c all they want. it's all bouat cost .and if does not make sense to have 26 f/c seats on that a/c then it will be cut down.

That's absolutely true. How many single customers does it take to replace a 100k mile/year customer?

Actually if you knew my employment history, you would know I do have a clue about the topic. However, reconfiguring a plane from 26 FC seats to 16 FC seats should not be unreasonable and the people who spend lots of time on planes still have a reasonable chance of getting upgraded. My point is if you book a coach seat you should expect coach and be happy when you are given a FC seat. The upgrade is a perk, not an entitlement.

Respectfully....

But when I book UA I get E+ as an entitlement.. (only a blue moon I am in E-) and the F Cabin is a perk.. Since US packs u closer than many in Y... I have no option. What makes US a choice when I have alternatives? What makes US so special? What makes someone say "Y" is really nice on US... nothing I can think of and I have been a serious flyer on both HP and US.

Keep thinking like this and I will go somewhere I am valued ...

You don't run this airline either.

It is a shame you have to insult customers if they aren't wearing the same type of blinders you are.

THANK YOU!! To all you FF's I understand, but from a f/a viewpoint,, 26 is TOO MANY!!
1. A predeparture is IMPOSSIBLE if you want someone to say hi to each customer, which I INSIST upon!!
2. Now that we are plating food again in fc, the C f/a will definitely make the 321 a slaveship for coach. BTW, thumbs up on the return of glassware on transcon and long haul Caribbean.

16 is just right. In fact, I think ALL our ac (except the 767 and 330) should have 16 seats so that any change of ac would not effect the fc customer.

Guys, as long as we are at minimun f/as 26 are TOO MANY...PERIOD!!

And guys, some of are sooooo sick of hearing about UAL!!! Please, if it is so great...GO!!! Just GO!! You see, the constant rubbing shiit in our face gets old. Tell me , what do you guys do for a living? Would you like me to trash the company you work for OR the company you own? That's what some of you do EVERY TIME you post. TELL THE COMPANY!!!

THANK YOU !!!! AMEN!!!!! Someone else sees the light!!!

Anecdotal evidence, for what it's worth - today's F-cabin loads on the transcon A321 services from San Francisco:

Philadelphia:
0800 Flight 14 F0 P0 A0
1100 Flight 564 F2 P1 A0
1300 Flight 74 F4 P3 A0
2200 Flight 159 F5 P4 A1

Charlotte:
0700 Flight 1086 F2 P1 A0
0845 Flight 133 F1 P0 A0
1250 Flight 8 F2 P1 A0
1100 Flight 784 F9 P9 A9

These seats aren't going out empty.

ETOPS,

You're right. We don't run the airline. But neither do you. There is no justification for your rant. If you feel that "warmly" toward your best customers I think you're in the wrong line of work.

You're right--customers don't run the airline. But without happy customers you don't have an airline.

As said above, how many customers would it take to replace the revenue of 1 100K customer? Probably alot. With your attitude maybe we'll find out no won't we?