US Airways Responds to CWA Rep.''s Misinformation

DELLDUDE,
Maybe your thoughts are right about a round three. Since your question about round three was not answered. I did give them my 'no' vote for what it is worth. I think it will pass anyhow. I also tend to believe the 'employee participation' may not be over.

As far as the CWA TA, round one is design to take care of the ATO's, round two goes after reservations.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/10/2003 3:24:25 PM deltawatch wrote:
[P]As far as the CWA TA, round one is design to take care of the ATO's, round two goes after reservations. [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]i am not sure i understand this reasoning.....round 2 puts mda scope and 2 jet clause in along with the 'SAR" issue neither of which effect reservations at all...[BR][BR][BR][BR][BR][BR][/P][img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/10.gif']

Tick - Tock - Tick - Tock

It appears that Mr. Chiames may not be answering anyone's questions now. Maybe the question from DELLDUDE about a round three was just a little to close to home.

I hope you kept your hat on Chip.

My apologies for not responding to the remaining comments. As was mentioned, I was in CLT, PHL and PIT and then diverted back to Charlotte after the Air Midwest accident. I might add that our colleagues providing support to the victims' families are doing an outstanding job under difficult and emotional circ*mstances and they deserve all of our thanks.

I then decided that once I finally got home that my kids needed my attention for a couple of days since I haven't seen them for two weeks -- and they tend to treat me a little nicer than some of the folks on this Board.

First, I thought I DID answer the question "will you ask for more?" when I stated that it is now our job to take the ratification results and cost savings and convince the ATSB that we should be given final approval on our loan guarantee. RSA is satisfied with this second round of savings and Dave Siegel has also responded to that question by saying we do not intend to ask for more. We fully recognize the difficult sacrifices all of you are making. If someone thought I was dodging, my apologies. I was only trying to stress that we don't take these sacrifices lightly, and that we (management) have communicated their significance to both RSA and ATSB.

As for Biffeman and your rather expressive characterization of the exchange in CLT on Tuesday, I couldn't disagree with you more. Rich, I will be responding to you directly so look for a hand delivered note on your next shift this week.

And Taylor01, I have worked the ATOs on many occasions and have talked to plenty of unhappy customers over the years. I know you work hard, and I also know that there are things we can do more efficiently. For example, that was one of the reasons we insisted that skycaps be allowed to provide boarding passes. Every other airline has this ability, and it will free agents to handle transactions, rebookings and more complicated customer service matters.

I hope we can now focus on where the company is going in a positive, constructive and respectful manner.

Chris Chiames

The cuts are just begining for the CWA, if the election holds. At least 17 cities will go express / 2 mainline, thats another $7.00 an hour cut for hundreds. And the 6 year plan calls for 900 reservation agents, we have about 1600 now, good luck to all.

Chris Chiames,

Thanks for the reply. I did feel that maybe the question was being dodged. I do appreciate you answering about no more give backs. It has been a very troubling process for all of us. The sacrifices has effected my family immensely in our daily lives. As a father also I do realize our children and families do need some affection and I can understand the constraints that could place upon you. I too will now take my hat off with Chip in appreciation for you time. Thanks again.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/13/2003 12:36:10 AM ISN wrote:

The cuts are just begining for the CWA, if the election holds. At least 17 cities will go express / 2 mainline, thats another $7.00 an hour cut for hundreds. And the 6 year plan calls for 900 reservation agents, we have about 1600 now, good luck to all.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Who are the unlucky seventeen? (Or should I say 16, since I'm probably in #17)

INVOL

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/13/2003 12:36:10 AM ISN wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]
Where did you get your information that 17 cities will be going to express? Where did you get the info about the res. agent?
Inquiring minds want to know!

Do_it_for_Dave said:
On 1/12/2003 9:01:12 PM US Airways, Inc wrote:

First, I thought I DID answer the question "will you ask for more?" ----------------

Looks like this will be the end of the cuts.
Do_it_for_Dave,

It looks like it will not be the end of the cuts. By the way this is the thread in which Mr. Chiames makes his ever so famous remarks about the Airbus work. It is well worth reading the lie over.

--It will never end. See you on the street.

--Note to Dave and the Doctor. Sell your stock now 'cause it is going down quick on the way to ZERO. You must be proud.

Attachments

• sopor.gif
    sopor.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 171
I'll BELIEVE NO MORE CUTS when The 'Boys 'at top ARE G_O_N_E>>>>>

CLEAN HOUSE ALREADY!!

Luckily 2 yrs ago while making a purchase at a high end car dealership, a couple of the salesmen mentioned they have US Stock...My response to them?

Dump it before it's too LATE!!!

Can I call it or what?

Time for humor:

What does SABRE stand for?

I' may be smacked for this but what the heck--

SomeAmericanBas***dRuinedEverything! :rolleyes: