US Airways Seeks Court Approval to End Pacts With Two Unions

Phillyguy:

I agree it was expected and is likely to ratchet up the pressure on the IAM voters and CWA negotiators. There is always fear of uncertainty.

Chip

Labor friendly?? LABOR FRIENDLY? BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHA..the man is talking out of both sides of his Jaguars..that article just sealed my vote, and most likely the fate of the entire company.
Wharton?? Business ethics? BWHAHAHAHAHAH!

----------------
On 8/26/2002 3:46:28 PM

Yea. Why would he do something as stupid as what he said he would do. You've known for months that this was going to happen, now that it is it's all a sham. You sound like my third grader.
----------------
You think that little of your third grade child?? Heaven help him,..or her.

Why would the company include the IAM (Maint & FSA) employees in this court action with a vote only * 2 *days away, unless they felt that the vote will go NO! After the editorials around surrounding the $6 MILLION bonus money, I guess the company is hedging (no not fuel) their position with the less valued (companys opinion) employees of USAirways.[:knockout:]

Funny how he wasn't peddling this c-r-a-p a few short days ago on his rosebuds and buttermilk pancakes road shows...what a friggin joke! You folks with the rose colored glasses still trust him now? Fool me once shame on you .. etc etc

Yea. Why would he do something as stupid as what he said he would do. You've known for months that this was going to happen, now that it is it's all a sham. You sound like my third grader.

----------------
On 8/26/2002 4:12:50 PM

----------------
You think that little of your third grade child?? Heaven help him,..or her.
----------------
[/quote]
You're right, he's much more intelligent than that. He would have known that Mr. Siegel meant what he said, published in the media and wrote into all the other agreements all along. Remember something else Mr. Siegel said? He said that he would look for cuts similar to what was in his first proposal for the groups that didn't go along with the plan. I would look for HUGE hits in the request to the court. All the whiners here have no one to blame but themselves.
----------------
[/quote]

So you punch your kids face in and then quickly turn around and kiss his boo boos? Sounds a little psycho to me..based on that scenario you yourself just painted, you have rendered your opinions as useless here.

----------------
On 8/26/2002 3:41:52 PM

Why didn't they get a quote from CWA? Much inaccurate information in that article. 70 million, ha. They started asking for 87 million and kept going up from there! Company propaganda IMO.
----------------

I tell ya, you may act a bit psycho here now and then(usually provoked by others) but you do speak volumes of the truth..I do not deny you that much.[;)] But the 70 mil is the 85pct target out of the 87 mil asked..or so I assume.

Yeah, Pilots, Flight Attendants, Dispatchers, Instructors, etc. should all take pay cuts. What? You want ME to take a pay cut too!!!!

"Unless such cost-reduction agreements are reached, US Airways will seek permission to end the parties' current deal.

A hearing is scheduled for Sept. 10 before Judge Stephen S. Mitchell of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Alexandria, Va., according to the court docket."

I don't see anything new here.

I find no surprise in this at all!!. You can call it "Scare Tactics" , "Anti-Labor" or whatever you choose? Siegel is determined to have a company , that will not only get backing from outside sources..but insure the qualifications for Federal Loans. I think this only shows..and re-enforces the determination to make USAirways work. As of today, we have only two unions standing in a "Possible Futures" way. Failure to achieve 100% ratification will only proove that the latter of the groups ...are really the less informed, stubborn...and careless with the futures of the people whom could remain out of the current 36,000. Life as we have known it is over!! The sooner the denial ends...and the quicker we get on with trying to rebuild , The better off we will all be. This will also give a degree of hope , to those that will not go forward with us. Anything short of the dedication to make this fly...Will doom the entire company....You can bank on that!, just don't plan on drawing interest or buying grocery's with it. [:blackeye:] I have no desire to be having further discussions in the forum for "Airlines of the Past"...Where do you want to chat next???[:(]

Why didn't they get a quote from CWA? Much inaccurate information in that article. 70 million, ha. They started asking for 87 million and kept going up from there! Company propaganda IMO.