US Airways Star Alliance Codeshare partners

flaflyer

Feb 8, 2006
Anyone have any realiastic reasons why US seems to be so reluctant to enter into code-share agreements with other Star carriers? A while back, they announced a letter of intent to code-share with ANA. Understandably, the bankruptcy could have put a hold on that one. But how about some of the more obvious like AC, SA, LX, LO, SQ, RG(when they were flying). Seems like RG in particular since US has no presence in South America and business fares are quite lucrative. UA seems to jump right into cose-shares with new Star members like SA.

However, they have established quite an extensive caribben network with Winair, Bahamasair and Caribbean Sun/Star (previously).

Maybe it's writing on the wall that US is looking to leave the *A, (or being removed by the other partners). And maybe there's no one in TEMPE who knows how to deal with such a large alliance. Did anyone from the original US move to TEMPE to continue working with the *A?

My guess..........NO.

Maybe it's writing on the wall that US is looking to leave the *A, (or being removed by the other partners). And maybe there's no one in TEMPE who knows how to deal with such a large alliance. Did anyone from the original US move to TEMPE to continue working with the *A? My guess..........NO.
One person I know of that worked there for US was from DCA. That person quit when told they had to move to PHX.

Looks like US just announced an agreement to codeshare with Singapore. I guess that would mean more west code feed to their trans pacific flights.

Oh, those poor high fare paying SQ pax...they won't know what hit them when they step on TrailerParkAirways

I am baffled by the AC thing too. That seems like the most obvious one and I thought AC invested some money in the new US too when they emerged from BK#2. You would think a codeshare on a few cross border flights would add a lot of extra revenue.

Maybe UA would not allow, or did not want US to codeshare with AC? Actually, could UA object or block US from codesharing with AC? What are the rules & regulations with respect to codesharing among * alliance airlines? Is government (DOT? DOJ?) approval a hurdle for a US-AC codeshare?