US Airways to bring in contractors!

I know what happened with the Airbus Arbitration. As I said IMO! Once the I AM MANAGEMENT gets out of bed with the company, then maybee they will fight for all of it's members. Untill then I doubt it. They will say "Yes Doug, Whatever you want Doug, Anything else we can give you Doug"

Whatever I say?

Need some history lessons?

What I posted is factual.

What I posted is factual.

Defend your scab union.

They knowingly encouraged and performed struck work. They asked their members to go to training to get qualified to do our work before we struck the carrier.

They encouraged their membership to work overtime to perform work we struck that was covered in the scope clause of our contract.

The IAMAW became a scab union on 8/20/2005. Everything done by them was endorsed by your International at the glass menagerie at Flaccid Harbor.

That is the only history lesson I need.

I watched your brothers cross my picket line.

While I held my sign from the other side of the fence, they waved at me while performing the same work I performed less than 12 hours before.

Don't let those facts get in your way.

There is no need to strike, Sceptre is disrupting things enough as it is! What parts that we have, that use to take a few minutes to get now take hours and sometimes days, what use to take 1 step in Merlin takes at least 5 or more in Sceptre! And the company can't figure out why their performance is so bad!! How about upgrading your 1970's computer program, thats right they might have to spend money on something and that would take away from Dougweiser and the gangs bonus money!! :shock:

I could not agree more with you on your statement!!!! At my station, we pronounce our "NEW" computer system sphincter 'cause it's such a p.o.s.

The NWA IAM FS CBA all ready contained language to peform ancillary duties.

Every union at NWA crossed your picket line, AMFA got their rear ends handed to them, NWA outsmarted them, so you are trying to blame everyone except them.

The NWA IAM FS CBA all ready contained language to peform ancillary duties.

Every union at NWA crossed your picket line, AMFA got their rear ends handed to them, NWA outsmarted them, so you are trying to blame everyone except them.
Not in the hub cities it didn't, and the language was agreed to around 11:00 pm and the strike started sometime after midnight!! By your statement every union crossed your picket line you acknowledge that the IAM scabbed, for someone who is so pro-union you should be ashamed of the IAM for allowing its members to perform struck work!! Enlighten us non-knowing union types on how one union crossing another unions picket lines helps labor, it dosen't it only makes the company stronger because it lets them know what kind of a truly company union the IAM really is!!

Once again, you are incorrect.

There was no seperate agreement for the ramp in hub cities and non-hub cities.

The language stated not where mechanics were staffed under the cba, when amfa struck NWA imposed a new CBA which removed ancillary duties from the AMFA CBA.

And EVERY union crossed the picket line and even IBT represented Champion Air flew flights for NWA due to mtc cancellations.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

Every union at NWA crossed your picket line.

I guess that makes the IAM crossing right??? That is what is wrong with unions today, eveyone out for themselves and the $$$. Tell me 700, did their IAM contract have a provision in their contract with regards to not having to cross a picket line? I'm pretty sure they did and before the excuses, sure the judge would have ordered them back to work within hours, but at least the IAM could have pretended they knew what the term soliderity means!!!

There is no need to strike, Sceptre is disrupting things enough as it is! What parts that we have, that use to take a few minutes to get now take hours and sometimes days, what use to take 1 step in Merlin takes at least 5 or more in Sceptre! And the company can't figure out why their performance is so bad!! How about upgrading your 1970's computer program, thats right they might have to spend money on something and that would take away from Dougweiser and the gangs bonus money!! :shock:

Don't you really mean Merlin would let me do anything and this damn Sceptre has controlls! Most of the issues are the data in Merlin was junk becuase you (and way to many others) could "just change it" without the poroper reserach or documentation. I am shocked at how loose Merlin was.

Come on now....Sceptre sucks!!!! Paperwork has increased three fold!!! Now when we order parts it a crapshoot, who knows if and where its located, what it says and reality, two different things. Only a matter of time before the Feds step in with all the paperwork issues!!!

Come on now....Sceptre sucks!!!! Paperwork has increased three fold!!! Now when we order parts it a crapshoot, who knows if and where its located, what it says and reality, two different things. Only a matter of time before the Feds step in with all the paperwork issues!!!

Your right about the issue but your wrong about the source of the issues. Maxi-Merlin had weak controls and even a weaker audit trail, so now that bad data is in Sceptre and it will take years to clean up. And if the Feds never closed down your iffy operation they sure will not now as there are far better processes and controls in place in almost all areas of the maint. opperation. Just check with the IOSA or DOD audit teams if you doubt that.

I hate to disagree, but going back in history, seems AWA was always in some hot water with the FEDS. Paperwork now is just a bunch of repetative BS!! Pilots love the fact that now most everything is hidden? Why not have items in the logbook? I have never tried to hide anything, Talked to people who have used Sceptre, guess there are different versions, have the Cadillac and the one we use now......the Yugo!!!

ITell me 700, did their IAM contract have a provision in their contract with regards to not having to cross a picket line?

You better believe it....and in the last few days leading up to the strike, every single IAM member received a letter basically saying that since they felt the line was "illegal," they would refuse to enforce the language. :down: :down:

the line was "illegal," they would refuse to enforce the language. :down: :down:

Illegal? AMFA the certified bargining unit for the mechanics at NWA go on strike and the IAM thought it was illegal? Like to know what their idea of a legal line would consist of....IAM persons only perhaps?? That is why I'm tired hearing about the mighty IAM and their strike of 92 and lack of support. Thanks, Kev....thought you guys had that language.

Our team leadership here at Walmart ...er...Usairways would rather pay the fines than play by the rules. In the end they will get theirs, I am a true believer.

Your right about the issue but your wrong about the source of the issues. Maxi-Merlin had weak controls and even a weaker audit trail, so now that bad data is in Sceptre and it will take years to clean up. And if the Feds never closed down your iffy operation they sure will not now as there are far better processes and controls in place in almost all areas of the maint. opperation. Just check with the IOSA or DOD audit teams if you doubt that.
No need to take it personal, but for the operation on the East side Sceptre isn't working very well. You call Phoenix and first let me say everyone is very professional and helpful as can be when you call, but sometimes they can't help because they never had to deal with some of the issues with parts we have on the East. As a side note the company contracted a group to convert our litton system from Merlin to Sceptre here in Clt, was only suppose to take a few days, that was weeks ago the problem is that with technology it is easier to upgrade than to downgrade and from what I am hearing the problem is they are having to dumb down the system not upgrade it. As far as iffy maintenance operations I think it would be wise for you to leave that one alone, the bottom line is what worked well for your guys on the West just isn't working very well for us on the East. When planes start sitting on the ground because of lack of parts everybody loses, when you can't get parts fast delays pile up!