US Airways will assume American in name

Yeah I imagine once they put the professionals to it it'd look pretty swell. One would think that by repainting only the name and logo it'd save a lot of money and time, especially over 340 craft. Does anyone know if there are any blue-top ML aircraft yet to paint? I haven't seen any in a while.

I also wonder what they'd do to the heritage/NFL/*A planes.
They're going to have to repaint all the ABs. The paint job we got was a quickie and it's already peeling. They didn't strip and clean the hull like it should have been done to get a good base.

I've heard the livery will have just the eagle on it with the same colors and design as we currently have but blue and red areas as well as the gray stripes will be altered.

They're going to have to repaint all the ABs. The paint job we got was a quickie and it's already peeling. They didn't strip and clean the hull like it should have been done to get a good base.
Airbuses can only be stripped once for a repaint, that's why they are sanded and re-sprayed.

Airbuses can only be stripped once for a repaint, that's why they are sanded and re-sprayed.

I think all AB look like this right before painting...

Attachments

• Airbus no paint.jpg
    Airbus no paint.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 181
The silver bullet was 453US.

Any idea how long it stayed in that livery? My guess is it lasted until Fokker in Amsterdam got wind of it and went apoplectic. Any licensed airframe mechanic should know the difference between Alclad and other types of aluminum skin, and that picture is testament to the lack of technical professionalism on the part of whoever made the decision to strip the paint, and to the licensed technicians who failed to point out the absurdity, and danger of intergranular corrosion, in the removal of the protective paint. The corrosion happens fairly quickly, and once it penetrates to even a slight amount, the only way to get rid of it is to remove some of the material. Once that is done, the skin is no longer certifiably airworthy since it no longer meets the type certificate requirements for thickness of the metal.

Yes. Leaving the primer on this type of aluminum is the only safe way to change liveries.

Its hilarious that this topic has evolved to "how to strip and paint an airliner"

From what I read of this thread, its possible AA's A319s and A321s may be delivered next year with the chrome reflective look..........For years, many stated it was not possible with Airbusses, then AA when with the chrome or polished look with their A300s.

Regarding liveries, US should be happy to get rid of Delta errr..........Jetblue blue bottom look thats been done a dozen times before it in airline history (anyone remember Braniff II?)

Reactions: 1 person
I just hope Debbie and I can still wear our sweatpant uniform. It is comfortable and functional.
Code:

Betty