Us Airways Workers Think Merger

PSA1979 said:
no one wants to see either side take a beating
[post="268603"][/post]​
Oh contrare... the nasty-assed AA and UAL people want UAIR off the new seniority list altogether.

Phoenix said:
So... that is what the contract says. It sounds really good but you have a major problem... the only thing that says that is... the contract.

r/ Phoenix
[post="268597"][/post]​

You make no sense!

luvn737s said:
So why is that provision of the contract any more ironclad than the pension portion of UAL's contract which the bankruptcy judge just ignored?
[post="268592"][/post]​

Because AFA isn't in bankruptcy... that's why!

Neither US Airways or America West have the financial resources to buy the other carrier and both companies have ATSB guidelines to adhere to. In my opinion, a third party investor(s) will create a holding company that acquires both companies, with the deal announced shortly.

With America West's annual shareholder meeting scheduled for next Tuesday morning, the parties are likely to use this event as a means to provide more details after the formal announcement.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Neither US Airways or America West have the financial resources to buy the other carrier and both companies have ATSB guidelines to adhere to. In my opinion, a third party investor(s) will create a holding company that acquires both companies, with the deal announced shortly.

With America West's annual shareholder meeting scheduled for next Tuesday morning, the parties are likely to use this event as a means to provide more details after the formal announcement.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="268627"][/post]​

SpinDoc replies:

I agree Captain. I'm positive the investor
who forms the holding company will probably
merge both carriers into the US brand, but HP
management will probably prevail and US
non-airport management will most likely be
severed.

SpinDoc:

SpinDoc said: "I agree Captain. I'm positive the investor who forms the holding company will probably merge both carriers into the US brand, but HP management will probably prevail and US non-airport management will most likely be severed."

USA320Pilot comments: I agree with you regarding the holding company, the US brand, & HP senior management. I believe the holding company will be formed with a number of investors, there will be a very large equity investment into the combined business entity, and some of US Airways' senior and middle management will remain with the new US Airways. One person who has intimate knowledge of both companies is Andrew Norcella, US Airways' senior vice president of planning (he worked at HP prior to joining US), and I suspect he will be part of the new management team.

In my opinion, the $55 million in severance payments are required for people in middle to lower MSP ranks such as clerks, accountants, analysts, planners, secretary's, travel office representatives, legal aids, sales, consumer affairs, purchasing, IT personnel, etc. Many of these people will not leave CCY, presuming the headquarters is moved to Tempe, and they need severance or furlough pay just like any other employee.

Union employees deserve severance pay and so do management employees.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. By the way, JetBlue has inquired about obtaining US Airways' LGA terminal again, but apparently Bruce Lakefield told David Neeleman and the Port Authority the company no longer has an interest in leaving its current facility.

USA320Pilot said:
P.S. By the way, JetBlue has inquired about obtaining US Airways' LGA terminal again, but apparently Bruce Lakefield told David Neeleman and the Port Authority the company no longer has an interest in leaving its current facility.
[post="268646"][/post]​

For the upteenth time, US does not own the LGA terminal, it leases it from CO and CO has the final say on what happens with it.

Once again, don't let the facts get in your way.

700UW said:
For the upteenth time, US does not own the LGA terminal, it leases it from CO and CO has the final say on what happens with it.

Once again, don't let the facts get in your way.
[post="268714"][/post]​
what can one say?????/////// :down:

700UW:

The information I reported came from Loretta Bove, the LGA Station matter who I spoke with yesterday. By the way, have you contacted US Airways' general counsel Liz Lanier yet? Since there are active public discussions about the sale of the terminal and $300 million that could be obtained from the sale for US Airways, maybe you should contact somebody more knowledgeable than you to get the facts.

By the way, when would now be a good time to not "let the facts get in your way"?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Please show me how someone who does not own property can sell it?

Like I have said, Continental Airlines owns the terminal that US Airways occupies at LGA.

Continental leases it to US. Continental dictates what happens to the terminal, not US Airways.

Maybe you can contact, Helen Tremont,VP, Corporate Real Estate and maybe she can explain to you how you can't sell something you don't own.

And lets see some "public" facts that they are trying to sell something they don't own.

So like I have said, don't let the facts get in your way and show me how US can sell something it does not own.

GEEZ 700, youve got to know the terms of the agreement. U might be able to sell it's occupancy rights under the lease. Maybe CO has agreed to let this happen under the terms of the agreement. Go find out.... GEEEZ

US does not own the terminal, and CO controls what happens, and CO would take the terminal back. And I seriousily doubt anyone would pay a company a profit to takeover a lease that CO controls, not US.

Go read the first POR, CO controls what happens with the terminal, not US. Item # 53 is the settlement terms.

700UW:

Since you will not contact US Airways’ legal department why don’t you contact the Port Authority of NY & NJ or attend the Astoria Community Board meeting. The right to sell US Airways’ terminal has been discussed in public and I personally have talked to the LGA station manager and an Astoria Board Member on the subject.

Show the readers of this board some initiative and do some research.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. With that said the Station Manager told me Tuesday morning JetBlue has made another overture to acquire the building, but Bruce Lakefield told her it is no longer for sale.

Why don't you explain to the whole board how US Airways can sell something OWNED by Continental Airlines.

You are the one who is posting it is for sale, prove it.

700UW said:
Why don't you explain to the whole board how US Airways can sell something OWNED by Continental Airlines.

You are the one who is posting it is for sale, prove it.
[post="268827"][/post]​

Good Lord, haven't we taken this about as far as we need to?

700, FWIW, commercial leases are transferred all the time, and while you are correct that UAIR cannot sell something it does not own (the real estate) depending on the clauses of the lease between UAIR and CAL (which I have not read), it may be able to sell or assign the lease (which is personal property, not real property). There is usually language in commercial leases along the lines of: Lessor shall have the right to sell, convey, assign, or tranfer its its rights and obligations hereunder to a third party with the permission of Lessee. Such permission will not be unreasonably withheld.

Regards,
DCAflyer

Latest posts