Hp Workers Fear Us's Unions

Travelpro72 said:
This whole AA/TW thing comes up all too often. When you read replies from them you can always tell who the AA people are and who the TW people are. One thing if anything we can say here at US is that the f/a group has NEVER been unfair with seniority. E V E R ! ! ! ! As for not merging, HP may be doing "OK" but not great. US is definately not doing well with trying to get out of BK. Does HP honestly think that they are going to last without a merger. If you don't want this merger with US then you definately should listen to the ex TW folks because thats what will happen to you if another carrier comes after your tiny airline. Tiny in respect to the size of the other majors. HP may have held their own against SW but how much longer will that last? HONESTLY? Everyone is worried about the senior mommas at US. Well, I just started my 8th year and there are many at HP that are senior to me. If anyone at HP is not happy about the seniority thing then why did HP f/a's agree to DOH in your own contract? Surely the f/a group didn't assume that if a merger ever happened that all negotiated on both sides would be thrown out the window. We on both sides have negotiated protections for a reason. I can honestly say that each month my seniority number has climbed over 100 people. The senior ones are leaving. They just offered the 500 to leave in Jun, Sept and dec. 852 applied. Proof enough? When the lists are put together by both sides then you will see where you fall. IF the HP f/a group thinks its unfair then do they think it is fair to disregard the US f/a's seniority then? Nobody is saving anyone but merging to be stronger. There is alot of unanswered questions on both sides. Relax. We US f/a's are in bk don't you think WE are a little unnerved? You guys have been there and should know. We'll all be one big family soon regardless of what we all think so..... Happy flying to all.
[post="270906"][/post]​
Well said

Seniority integration is not going to be settled on this board. It will happen behind closed doors with your MEC's. You can rant and rave all you like on here, but in the end, your opinion is just that.

Date Of Hire.....Plain and Simple! What is soo hard to figure that out! AFA & ALPA same by laws. What's the problem? I for one would LOVE to live in PHX someday, but will not give up Transatlantic and Carribbean flying to live there! I really don't think this is going to be an issue anyway, I'm sure there will be a fence for quite some time between both employee groups. At least I'm hoping, given past merger integrations that were literally fiascos!

Latest posts

Back