US biggest competitor Rebranding in May

You have your opinion-and are entitled to it. A union is not for me. For all those that have one, and want one, then that't great for them. I respect their opinions, just as I would hope they would respect mine.

Every time I hear a Delta employee speak out against unions, I identify this as a classic case of "Stockholm syndrome." I couldn’t work for an airline that changes my vacation/ work rules/ salary with the direction of the wind. Drink more Kool-Aid and enjoy it.

Yes they should.

Why should the rank and file suffer and the executives not?

Why should the rank and file lose their pensions and the executives not?

Every time I hear a Delta employee speak out against unions, I identify this as a classic case of "Stockholm syndrome." I couldn’t work for an airline that changes my vacation/ work rules/ salary with the direction of the wind. Drink more Kool-Aid and enjoy it.

Then you should be glad you are where you are. It sounds like your union has served you well too. I'm not speaking out against unions as a Delta employee. As I've stated, I grew up in a "union" town-beautiful Detroit Michigan. My father worked at GM for 33 years and called in sick twice. You know what he got for that? The exact same thing the guy working next to him got; the same guy that was in rehab half a dozen times and called in sick all the time.

You know what I got when I worked at a hospital and belonged to the nurses' union? NOTHING! So, my experience with unions has nothing to do with Delta. I'm on leave so much from there, if we did have a union, I'd probably owe the union back dues because there'd be no paycheck to deduct them from!

Oh, and P.S. the Stockholm Syndrome has nothing to do with this-we are free to leave at anytime-we're not hostages. :)

Actually if they create a negative environment that causes the employees to organize then Management created the original issue and if they don't like unions they need only look in the mirror as to why they have one.

Any touch decision will always create a negative environment in someone's eyes. You can never please anyone. But, at the end of the day, management is "management" to make decisions, for better or worse. Negotiating with labor to let them make the decision is not something that should be required.

And Management like Dave Siegel who lied to employees and was fired by Bronner and left with $12 million.

What a deal, where do I sign up for it?

You LCC employees must be kidding right??? Lets see what the almighty IAM has done for you rampers. Bottom-tier pay, worst vacation policy of all the majors, outsource cities with 69 or fewer flights, outsource all utility except CLT and PIT, outsource all Plant Mtc. except PHL, PIT, CLT. No shift differential. And oh yeah, no pension to speak of. All "negotiated" by the union. Not a whole lot of negotiation going on there.

Your AMT's fared about as well. As an example, CLT and PIT to remain overhaul bases. Outsource 757, 767, A330 and 50% of 737Q checks. Outsourcing of most shops, all non-base GSE and all cleaner functions at Company discretion. Your Dispatcher and Stores employees are equally under-compensated. The total compensation package for ACS employees as a whole is lower than everybody other than FL and F9. Not exactly a shining moment for LCC unions.

Right, and look at the ever growing list of union shop companies that have gone or are on the verge of going bust. Someone needs to tell me what good unions have done since I certainly don't see it. The only place I see where a union makes sense is in teaching/academia, where the ability to form opinions, do research, etc. needs to be protected from political influences.

Delta is going to have an upgraded product when it comes out of bankrupcy... think US will do anything or continue its own "de-branding?"
"Delta Air Lines and its award-winning magazine Delta Sky are proud to introduce a SPECIAL MAY 2007 ISSUE that will coincide with the unveiling of the New Delta Air Lines.

Today's frequent travelers have made it known that they desire a return of amenities and true customer service from their airline. Over the past 18 months Delta Air Lines has made investments in every vital area of the customer experience, including:

- An award-winning Web site for ease of travel planning, ticketing and check-in
- State-of-the-art in-flight entertainment, with video on demand, music libraries, live TV and more
- Signature cocktails created by nightclub impresario Rande Gerber
- Gourmet meals from renowned chef Michelle Bernstein
- Award-winning airport lounges and upgraded terminals
- Expanded international routes and new nonstop domestic service

Delta Air Lines refers to these service enhancements as New Ideas Taking Flight, part of an ongoing effort that respects the travelers' time and changes the in-flight experience to "time found," when they can either work, relax, be entertained or simply have fun.

Delta Sky Magazine fulfills that role of entertainment and information, and the MAY ISSUE PROMISES TO BE A TRULY SPECIAL EDITION, TIMED WITH DELTA'S UNVEILING OF ITS NEW BRANDING and celebrating an age of rebirth. Sky will look at the theme of rebirth in all its aspects, from the amusing ("How many times has Madonna been reborn?") to the profound ("Where are the greatest pilgrimages that involve a personal rebirth?").

We invite you to join us in this historic moment in Delta Air Lines' growth, and ask that you please contact your Delta Sky representative for details. Join us in celebrating what the future of world-class travel will

Wow, we chose the wrong place to file chapter 22. :eek:

an inverted merger of sorts, actually. premium pax merger that is...
delta knows well the unhappiness of our fflyers since tempe's take over. this overhaul of their product is as prudent as intentional...
now that, westies, is innovation!!
watch our premium passengers leave in droves now!!
parker, kirby, and christ (not Jesus, of course!)--utterly disgusting!!

OK, If you answer any of these below with a yes/true then thank a union.

I am not REQUIRED to work 6 days a week to keep my job?

I have a 40 hour work week (officially)

If I'm paid hourly anything over 40 hours is time & a half

I don't have to remain silent if the boss fondles my wife in order to keep my job?

My job has company paid health care benefits.

I'm sure some of the other folks on here can provide more. One must always remember when complaining about the evils of unions that there are TWO sets of signatures on the contract. One is the Unions and the other one isn't. I'll leave it to you to ponder who else might have agreed to the work rules and wages that you complain about.

I never said a union was evil. I just think they serve no real purpose. I have to work over 40 hours, there's no such thing as a "40 hour work week" for salaried professionals. I am REQUIRED to work 5,6,7 days a week, whatever is takes to meet the goals and deadlines. Ditto for my direct reports. Paid health care benefits are on their way out, union or not. But, you know what, all of these are fine, as I'm compensated well and can leave if I choose to. I'm not beholden to an entity for seniority or anything else. No union got me this, hard work both in school and through the years got me to where I am.