US Airways withdrawing China Application?

I am just curious. Are you Sherry Shamblin? Or is it a joke avatar? If it is a joke it is not funny.

I'm sure you'll be disapointed to learn that I am not in fact Gwyneth Paltrow.

As for US and thier application, they should withdraw it. The zombie-fied US Airways of today is not even competent on its transpennsylvania flights. They are in no way worthy to take on anything like a transpacific route, its embarrassing that they even thought this mess was even in that league.

I'm sure you'll be disapointed to learn that I am not in fact Gwyneth Paltrow.

:shock: You're not?????!!!!!!?????? That's the only reason I liked you! :( She was so right when she said:

Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick.

it's so true isn't it?

From a more PRACTICAL standpoint, the company offered us $12 over A330 rates, and that was their FIRST offer. Do the math: $12/HR, $1020/month, $12240/year over the A330. All higher end jobs, GROWTH and twice as many F/O jobs than Captains. We didn't even bother to counter. You look into the eyes of the F/O you work with, sitting reserve for YEARS because of NO GROWTH and when it's offered to us, we don't even respond.
See if the bank will cash that check for mis-placed MORAL HIGHGROUND.
A320 Driver <_<

12 bucks over 330 rates? Let's see, that puts that rate about 25 bucks shy of a Southwest 737 Captain.

I fail to see where your logic is. Allow the company to fly China routes while they won't raise the east to west rates. There isn't an FO I fly with who would have taken that offer.

But then, they get it. You don't. As far as Moral high ground: You ought to try standing up for this profession instead of cowering and worrying about where your next paycheck is coming from. Instead of allowing management to subsidize ticket prices and fuel expenses and executive bonuses with your pension and pay.

Coward. Plain and simple.

pilot

That and ALPA refused to give the company a pay rate to fly it.

WE ARE SMART...NOT!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:
A320 Driver B)

No, the company refused to pay a fair rate for the pilots to fly it. Do you really think the pay rate had anything to do with withdrawing the bid. You are smart... NOT.

Here's a guy who will be a perfect fit for the GAG.

FYI there already is a pay rate in place for the 777 and 340 in the East contract. Get the facts straight before you spew your GAG attitude.....

Not to mention the fact we don't own or lease a jet that can fly the route in the first place.

Not today, but likely a 340 for the 2009 route award, for which US should be the favored applicant - primarily because PHL has NO Asia services period. US now has the contract option to change several of the 332 deliveries scheduled to start in 2009 to 340s. 2009 is for US to Loose. The 2007 authority was granted after US submitted a letter of intent to DOT. US assumed the earliest award would be made for a flight starting in March 2008 - with a potential start date extension to June 2008. When the additional frequencies were recently approved by China (to 2007), US just did not have the time to acquire and operationally prove the 340. In fact, IF DL is awarded the 2007 slot, they will have difficulty assigning 2 aircraft to it without compromising other high profile services. Consequently, they will likely request a delay in start up into early 2008.

12 bucks over 330 rates? Let's see, that puts that rate about 25 bucks shy of a Southwest 737 Captain.

I fail to see where your logic is. Allow the company to fly China routes while they won't raise the east to west rates. There isn't an FO I fly with who would have taken that offer.

But then, they get it. You don't. As far as Moral high ground: You ought to try standing up for this profession instead of cowering and worrying about where your next paycheck is coming from. Instead of allowing management to subsidize ticket prices and fuel expenses and executive bonuses with your pension and pay.

Coward. Plain and simple.

pilot

I'll fly it...you stay on the Boeing. I'll have PLENTY of company also. GAG? I don't have to guess where you are based <_< .

A320 Driver B)

I'll fly it...you stay on the Boeing. I'll have PLENTY of company also. GAG? I don't have to guess where you are based <_< .

A320 Driver B)

And there you have, in a nutshell, why this profession is in the crapper.

Even the name says it: A320 DRIVER.

Wake up man. Figure out what it is you do for a living and stand up for it! BTW, I'm based in CLT.

pilot

If they don't find other aircraft besides the 10 A332's coming (potentially 340's) then they'll be lucky if they have a go in 2009.

Operating at least 3 long haul routes (ie. NRT, TLV, PVG) probably requires at least 6 aircraft, so that leaves only 4 left. That leaves little expansion opportunity.

This is the case because it is still unclear whether US will be receiving 10 A332's or 20 A332's. If it is 20, then i am far less concerned

Look around at the daily operation. Seriously, one a/c goes out and the international operation is in a shambles. I don't understand (not that that matters) how this company could possibly consider any other European markets let alone Asia with the troubles going on today. Can anyone seriously imagine the service levels to Asia. They would NOT compete with other carriers, US and foreign carriers alike on service since it's quite obvious they don't now. This airline is ran bare bones and there is NO margin for error as in delays, missed connects or heaven forbid a cancellation. Our international operation thought by some as "Transatlantic" is a joke at best. Fix what we have FIRST before biting off more than we can chew. We are choking as it is. I bet some airlines in third world countries are ran better operationally.