US Flag

eolesen said:
Ask a Marine to list who they answer to, and the order will usually be "God, Country, Corps"The flag order seems to be quite appropriate. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, we all answer to God above any government or individual.
Promoting theocracy again

That is not what the oath a Marine takes says

Reactions: 1 person
The Oath of Enlistment and the Oath of Office are pledges made by each member of the Armed Forces. This is the final step before basic training. Enlisted personnel take the Oath of Enlistment before they ship out, while Officers take the Oath of Office upon receiving commission.

You must abide by your Oath for the duration of your military career. Though enlisted members and commissioned officers take different oaths of service, they all confirm their duty to defend the Constitution. Enlisted members must pledge to accept and obey orders. All members, enlisted and officers alike, agree to become subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Enlisted members take the Oath after they have completed the final interview at MEPS. Afterwards, you will return to the hotel before you ship out. Recruits in the Delayed Entry Program will return home and begin basic training at a later date. After you take your Oath, you will be ready to serve in the United States Military. Congratulations!

The Oath of Enlistment (for enlistees):
"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The Oath of Office (for officers):
"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance tot he same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

A commissioned officer of any service will administer the Oath of Enlistment in DD Form 4 orally, in English, to each application. Make a suitable arrangement to ensure that the oath is administered in a dignified manner and in proper surroundings. display the U.S. flag prominently near the officer giving the oath.

The words "So help me God" may be omitted for persons who desire to affirm rather than to swear to the oath.[1]

Ms Tree said:
As expected you miss the point entirely. Conservatives such as your self are typically up in arms over any flag desecration and your silence here is duly noted.
As noted by elosen.....God first, Country second!

Now, duly note that!

Reactions: 3 people
That is not what the oath states.

Glad to know you are OK with flag desecration. I know I am.

Ms Tree said:
That is not what the oath states.

so why did you start this thread? sure it's against rules for use of the flag but I think it's just your chance to take a shot at Christianity. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another flag you'd argue their right to do it.

Ms Tree said:
"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend theConstitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed ...

Appropriate? It violate the rules of flying the flag. I guess it's OK if you agree with it.
Great job of Google to find the enlisted man's oath, and I watched my son take that same oath. That isn't what I said to ask them, though.

Ask who they answer to...

God.

Country.

Corps.

Some will even add family as a fourth.

Reactions: 2 people
Ms Tree said:
No, I'm not OK with flag desecration. I actually believe it stands for something you clearly don't.

But, I'm also not going to prevent you from desecrating a flag, burning a cross, or dry humping a statue of the Virgin Mary if you want to.

Actions have consequences. Some people need to learn that the hard way.

cltrat said:
so why did you start this thread? sure it's against rules for use of the flag but I think it's just your chance to take a shot at Christianity. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another flag you'd argue their right to do it.
Had nothing to do with religion. Had to do with flag desicration. Wanted to is the usual suspects would have an issue with this or let it slide because they agreed with the church.

Of course they let it slide and then double down trying to justify it.

If you would actual read my post I said I did not care. They are a.private business and are not violating any laws. The flag is their property and they can do with it as they choose. It is their right to do it and that is what I am arguing.

GREAT JOB Eric (eoleson)  of indoctrinating the rest of us with an.............." OFFICIALLY "....vs......"UNOFFICIALLY"......line of SPIN / BULL SHITT, which by the way, you are a Master Of !

As smart as you are, (and you are smart in certain things) ' How The Fxxx '  did you SLEEP through the part of your History Class when your teacher was trying to 'Learn You' about the Constitution........especially the Founding Fathers Part....aka...Washington.....Adams....J E F F E R S O N    ??????????????

Jesus,...I can't WAIT for your reply to THIS  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took that oath

Was never ever under the impression that I was serving any entity other than country, and by that I mean the people of the country

eolesen said:
No, I'm not OK with flag desecration. I actually believe it stands for something you clearly don't.But, I'm also not going to prevent you from desecrating a flag, burning a cross, or dry humping a statue of the Virgin Mary if you want to.Actions have consequences. Some people need to learn that the hard way.
As long as this churches actions are viewed in the same light that's cool. Many I have spoken with look at this as OK because they agree with the church.

I value the pricing less of this country. The flag is a piece of cloth in my opinion. Anyone can buy one and its their property to do with as they choose. And no I would not burn it, step on it or other wise desecrate it.

An activist homosexual rights group by the name Homogays Advocating Modest Gay Flag Reform (HAMGFR) has drafted a bill called the Gay Flag Desecration Bill to the House Homeland Security Committee.  The bill spells out a series of punishments, both monetary and in prison sentences, for harming the flag adopted by gay pride and anti-defamation groups. “The rainbow flag has become a symbol of gay pride and the struggle that homogays have gone through to achieve rights in this country,” says William Spielman, a representative of HAMGFR. 

http://nationalreport.net/gays-introduce-rainbow-flag-desecration-bill/