Us Gofares Tv Ads

Light Years

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Anyone seen the TV ads? Any opinions?

I've only seen the one with the fortune teller, I thought it was cute. It was on during the final Friends, which was even more expensive ad space than the Super Bowl.

Its nice to see the airline advertised. I think the company would be taken more seriously as a major player if they had been advertising before.

One of the first thing tought in basic psychology classes to illustrate how the brain absorbs information is that ads don't work unless they are repetitive and come from multiple sources. Several TV ads, a radio spot, and a billboard for instance. With one ad, whether expensive or not, the brain rejects it as an 'anomoly' and it just does not sink in.

A single exposure DOES NOT WORK.

I saw the ad also tonight. I was really happy to see them advertising on TV--finally!!!! Where have they been? WN has been flooding the PHL market with billboards, TV and radio ads.

US has started putting up billboards in PHL, too--still waiting for the radio ads. They should be flooding the market. They have, however, started sending people out in CC PHL with Yellow GO FARE shirts handing out stuff. That may help, too. I can't believe how many people don't realize that US is matching the WN fares and that US offers so much more than WN by way of service.

Apparently there are three different ads running, I've only seen the one with the fortune teller, but I've seen it twice.

One minor complaint is that they are using the 'usairways.com' (lowercase lettering and no logo, how memorable)... It'd be nice to see a little bit more of the flag logo or even a shot of the airplane at the end... otherwise it just looks like an expedia/travelocity ad.

Speaking of advertising, there is a new Tom Hanks movie coming out, yet to be rated and I can't remember the name. Has something to do with Terminals and Airlines and people who travel alot, it looks really interesting. Anyway, the one plane I saw in the previews was UNITED. Maybe they are thinking along the lines of Southwest. Get your PR out there for the public to see. :)

By the way, tonight, I have seen TV ads for US Go Fares on ABC and NBC. Each time I see them, I like them a little more. They are sort of funny because they almost say without actually saying that who can believe you can get a cheap fare on US--but it seems they are pushing booking on usairways.com. WN's best response could be that there is no back button on the US website, or when the potential customer times out 5 times, they'll give up and go to WN. Maybe the advertising isn't so good.....

It's true, most of my co-workers and friends have NO IDEA that US will match WN fares. I like the idea about playing "unbelievable"--I think that would have been catchy.

Latest posts