Us Gofares Tv Ads

The Ads SUCK! They're a waste of money. If US really wants to promote itself then they had better hire the company that is marketing UA. Watch their ads. They are what true marketing is really like.

Unbelievable should be the tag line at how much US is spending on this crap. Just throwing away good money. Oh wait, Siegel got the last 4.5 million out of U!!

I wasnt that impressed with the ads either. Looks more like a high school ad/business class project. Not impressed (other than the fact that they are advertising.) Mousetraps and calling grandpa a liar? Brilliant!

AKA_trvlr64 said:
The Ads SUCK! They're a waste of money. If US really wants to promote itself then they had better hire the company that is marketing UA. Watch their ads. They are what true marketing is really like.
Your comment is a joke right? Or maybe you are a United employee? The UA ads are probably the worst airline advertisements in the history of aviation. People don't understand what they mean.

As far as the Go Fare ads, I have not seen them all but the TV ads I have seen(big fish and the fortune teller) as well as the radio(grandchildren story and the fortune teller) were some of the best ads ever done by any airline. Not to mention that US Airways has a big yellow bus filled with US employees running around town blowing away any grass roots stuff Southwest has done.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but sorry, I think you are wrong on this one - US is doing a pretty good job promoting Go Fares.

I think Bill Murray from the "Caddyshack" movie would be a good spokesman to talk about, "gofer fares"...

Didn't Greyhound Bus Lines use the same name? "Go Greyhound, with GoFares!" :blink:

I think the last TWA ads were very well done. They emphasized the fact that they were adding a new plane every 10 days, and growing the airline and expanding service. Maybe US can do more ads and emphasize the growth in the carrib and euro flying as well as the go fares. The TWA ads also showed their heavy equipment in the commercials, 757/767. Put the idea in that bigger is better. I know i will take a 757/767 over a 737 anyday given the chance.

Just a thought.

Being an airline enthusiast, I like airline ads with airlines in them, although the public may not feel the same way. I liked Americans ads with the Enya tune in the background showing thier planes and employees, it made an impression.

I also like the new United ads. The use of Rhapsody in Blue as thier consistent theme song, the unique animation showing actual flying experiences. They are warm and classy and make you feel its a proud company. I really wish US would use its theme song and present itself as a classic like that... The public doesnt buy the whole "We're so kooky with our craaazy fares!" slant, they know we're broke and under attack... appealing to sentiment and emotions might do a little better.

The GoFares ads are cute in thier own way but still do nothing to promote the actual airline. In fact our name appears only in the web address (so early 90s by the way) and our logo for a split second on the newspaper. They couldnt have thrown a plane onto the end of it? The ads could just as well be for a set of lawn chairs, microwave dinners, or long distance calls (OK, maybe not that bad- I detest those dumb phone commercials...) I think I'd like them better if the company itself had a more established, marketed, image and they were just for these particular fares.

More Facts and Less Emotion said:
Your comment is a joke right? Or maybe you are a United employee? The UA ads are probably the worst airline advertisements in the history of aviation. People don't understand what they mean.

As far as the Go Fare ads, I have not seen them all but the TV ads I have seen(big fish and the fortune teller) as well as the radio(grandchildren story and the fortune teller) were some of the best ads ever done by any airline. Not to mention that US Airways has a big yellow bus filled with US employees running around town blowing away any grass roots stuff Southwest has done.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but sorry, I think you are wrong on this one - US is doing a pretty good job promoting Go Fares.
NOPE not UA employee, I'm a US1. I live and breath USAirways as much as the employees do. I see US planes and employees more than my own family.

And I have to totally agree with LightYears comments. RIGHT ON!!!!

Bad Tv is better than no TV. Good TV is better than bad TV. Bad TV is better than good radio. Good radio is better than bad radio. Bad radio is better than no radio. These are the basic tenents of media advertising...in the "real world".

Latest posts