US likely to stop flying this fall

robbedagain said:
After 75 years of flying  AA plans to end US flights this fall.    article on yahoo.com  and www.justplanenews.com      It could begin as early as this summer with a likely last US flight around October.
Sorry, robbedagain, but US Airways stopped flying on Sept 27, 2005, when America West took over US.

Likewise, AA stopped flying on December 9, 2013, when America West took over AA.

Reactions: 6 people
FWAAA said:
Sorry, robbedagain, but US Airways stopped flying on Sept 27, 2005, when America West took over US.

Likewise, AA stopped flying on December 9, 2013, when America West took over AA.
Easy for you to say try explaining the travel experience to the passengers
Confusing with separate facilities and work groups

john john said:
Easy for you to say try explaining the travel experience to the passengers
Confusing with separate facilities and work groups
A good reason why from what I understood the secured creditors in approving the merger stipulated that management needed to meet certain deadlines for integration to be compensated certain stock bonuses. Essentially they would be rewarded the faster they could get the integration done successfully. That's why I believe everything in regards to integration including all labor groups having JCBA's will be finished by the end of the year?

WeAA  given that it seemed to be a quick transition for both pilots and FAs to get JCBA   and now that the IAM and TWU are the joint union reps  I wonder how quick DP and gang will come to get a JCBA   given that they want this integration to be successfully completed to get their bonuses    I don't really want this thread to become the messy battles other threads have become.    Also by yrs end the US website will be off as the transition to AA web will take over. 

robbedagain said:
WeAA  given that it seemed to be a quick transition for both pilots and FAs to get JCBA   and now that the IAM and TWU are the joint union reps  I wonder how quick DP and gang will come to get a JCBA   given that they want this integration to be successfully completed to get their bonuses    I don't really want this thread to become the messy battles other threads have become.    Also by yrs end the US website will be off as the transition to AA web will take over. 

We have no control on Forums if people want to hijack threads robbed. That's up to the mods if they wanted to put a tighter control over that? When the time comes we'll take our conversations back over to the Fleet threads and concentrate on how things are progressing over the coming months for us, and hopefully the other groups will do that for themselves?

Otherwise the CWA seems to be progressing along OK if you look at there updates. They weren't even part of the original agreement written into the contract between management and the creditors.

There are cards on both sides that can be played if progress is slow. For us we have the industry averaging in September which guarantees increases even without a JCBA. If it get's to that point it will take some pressure off our negotiators to hurry up and get a deal done since we'll have more cash in our pockets. On the Company side they've advertised publicly a greater increase than the one in Sept. That's a part of the chess game to make us more anxious to get there. Plus they got the ACE up the sleeve to watch out for (The 4%) To move things along on our side they could advertise to us that they'll give us retro back to the date it was given to the FA's if we conclude by X date? That maneuver wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. (I actually expect it) The Company played the APA and APFA brilliantly. When things started to stall a little they sent out letters directly to those groups telling them what they wanted to give them. The middle items taken back were basically ignored for the dollar signs pushed in the faces. They did receive far more value than they gave up though but they did give up some. (The FA's were stupid for losing that piece on the 40 hour minimum in 2017, there members listened to too many FB morons)

Giving the APFA members back the cash and then the 4% was also brilliant. Customer service is extremely important and those people are the one's our passengers spend the most time with.

So call it a gut instinct or intuition but I "think" we'll be done by the end of the year at the latest? There's too much money riding on all of this. Management, AA, the Shareholders, the Employees and our Unions to not get this done and start tackling the bigger issue, the competition. 

All in my humble opinion.  

Reactions: 2 people
Agreed robbed, maybe a thread where one can give an opinion and not get dragged through the mud for being different.
Not sure if it was the CLT or PHX town hall (PHX I believe) but the feeling I got from management was they didn't expect a quick contract for the TWU/IAM members. They hoped for one but as they emphasized, these are contract negotiations. Just my take from their comments.

AANOTOK said:
Agreed robbed, maybe a thread where one can give an opinion and not get dragged through the mud for being different.
Not sure if it was the CLT or PHX town hall (PHX I believe) but the feeling I got from management was they didn't expect a quick contract for the TWU/IAM members. They hoped for one but as they emphasized, these are contract negotiations. Just my take from their comments.

That depends on managements willingness to schedule meetings? I know that the CWA wanted to have a marathon negotiating session until the contract was done but the company didn't agree to it. If the company is also insistent on keeping it in DFW that would slow the pace as well. If the negotiators on either side are able to go home every night for a warm meal with family they aren't going to have as much enticement to move things along.

The CWA has been negotiating for 5 months now and have most of their articles TA'd. Coming up next is compensation. Since the company keeps saying this 7% above line that could actually wind up being the easiest part of the negotiations to finish up with?

They could also have been talking about maintenance AANOTOK? I think there's far more differences in language between those two groups that needs to be figured out then there is ours?