US offers PSA 900s again.

why is the 900 so bad?

30.5" pitch, the nasty CRJ sidewall which curves in on anyone 5'10" or taller, 90 people on an airplane with tiny overheads, thus guaranteeing a 30 minute wait for planeside-checked bags, windows that are made for a dwarf (as opposed to the midget leveled ones in the 200) and it does not even have a single side like the little EMBs so you are almost guaranteed of sharing that small space with someone you have no reason to get that close to, and seats that are about 1 inch thick but hard enough to cut diamond with.

Other than that, they are great.

FWIW....I think the thin seat is a Mesa Airlines choice. Those seat cushions are used for the emergency exit rows on the 200/700 (at PSA) so that the exit hatch does not get caught on the seat cushion. All of the other seats are 2-3 times as thick. I think Mesa just took the cheap route and put those seat cushions in every seat.

This is not to say that all of the your points are not valid.

Wrong!! They provided the LOA to allow express to fly only 1/2 of the "shiney new jets". And that was after all your furloughed folks took the Captain seats. Nice touch.

I doubt you remember, but the regionals panties were in such a wad to fly a shiny-jet that you were willing to do it for just about any pay-rate management could think of.

So management decided to park the DC9s, MD80s, F100s, 737-200s, BAC 111s, F28s... and replace them with something that the marketing folks called an "RJ".

They laid off 1800 pilots all the while replacing our equipment with these fancy new jet-powered Metroliners for YOU to fly. All they needed to do was get rid of that pesky scope.

The ONE and ONLY thing ALPA did right was to at LEAST (and this wasn't any coup' in my opinion) get jobs for the poor schmucks who were being outsourced to the lowest bidder.

So there are two parties at fault here. Mainline ALPA for EVER giving up scope (the ultimate failure of representation). And the regional pilots for ever ACCEPTING mainline flying for a fraction of its historical pay.

I doubt you remember, but the regionals panties were in such a wad to fly a shiny-jet that you were willing to do it for just about any pay-rate management could think of.

So management decided to park the DC9s, MD80s, F100s, 737-200s, BAC 111s, F28s... and replace them with something that the marketing folks called an "RJ".

They laid off 1800 pilots all the while replacing our equipment with these fancy new jet-powered Metroliners for YOU to fly. All they needed to do was get rid of that pesky scope.

The ONE and ONLY thing ALPA did right was to at LEAST (and this wasn't any coup' in my opinion) get jobs for the poor schmucks who were being outsourced to the lowest bidder.

So there are two parties at fault here. Mainline ALPA for EVER giving up scope (the ultimate failure of representation). And the regional pilots for ever ACCEPTING mainline flying for a fraction of its historical pay.
I think this about sums it all up!

Can't you guys quit the Mainline Pilots vs Express BS? Both sides have made mistakes and fallen into management's divide and conquer trap. Mainline pilots and Express pilots have the same goals; higher wages and better work rules. Figure out a way to achieve those goals rather than endlessly rehashing your embarassing bankrupcy decisions.

Post bankrupcy the PSA pilots were the first pilot group to say "no" to management. PSA pilots are the only pilots since 9/11 that are sticking their necks out in an effort to raise the industry average payrate for 90 seat aircraft. PSA needs the support of every employee at US Airways. Do you know how hard it is for a $25,000/year first officer to vote "no" on a CRJ900 deal that would let him upgrade to captain and raise his pay to $65,000 a year? A chance to climb out of poverty is a pretty strong motivator. PSA has first officers that are trying to raise a family in those ghetto apartments behind the Wallmart on Tryon street here in Charlotte. Those guys turned down a nice suburban house with their "no" vote last July. Show them some support.

On a side note... My FO last week has a college buddy that works as an engineer at bombardier. He said there are four 900s with PS tail numbers sitting aroud in Montreal.

On a side note... My FO last week has a college buddy that works as an engineer at bombardier. He said there are four 900s with PS tail numbers sitting aroud in Montreal.

Let them sit! If PSA gets the 900's, the 200's will begin to be parked! So the Fo's are still in the same spot!

They can repaint those babies in Delta Colors and Skywest will fly them for 50 seat rates!!

This just in....... US has made an offer to PDT Airlines to remove any and all scope clauses that will block PDT from gaining any additional aircraft. In lieu of this.....US is offering PDT 6 brand new C172Sp. The only condition is the pilots will have to operate them for a CFI wage. PDT MEC agreed to the offer and will send it to its pilots for a ratified vote. Stay tuned for further developments.
Its frustrating to see whats happening,or what's not happening, at Piedmont. Piedmont could dominate the short haul market in the northeast and mid-Atlantic with a fleet of dash-8-300s. These aircraft could even work as a source of hub releaf (PHL) and/or hub bypass in several northeast and mid-Atlantic market pairs where decent O&D would work with point-to-point service.

I was skeptical when I first read the poster claiming that Piedmont pilots are leaving in droves, then yesterday afternoon I spoke with a friend who works for Piedmont in SBY. He told me pilots are leaving not because they don't like flying the dash-8, they're leaving because of the uncertainty of not knowing what is Piedmont's future.

Actually HP decided on the interiors -- including type and quality of seat.

remember, the monkeys that put these aweful seats in the CR9's are the ones that are taking out the US F seats on the East.

...and weren't you a former "monkey" now working as Orenstein's valet?

Post bankrupcy the PSA pilots were the first pilot group to say "no" to management. PSA pilots are the only pilots since 9/11 that are sticking their necks out in an effort to raise the industry average payrate for 90 seat aircraft. PSA needs the support of every employee at US Airways.
POST BANKRUPCY GIVE ME A BREAK
PSA sold PDT down the river just to fly the CRJ700

POST BANKRUPCY GIVE ME A BREAK
PSA sold PDT down the river just to fly the CRJ700
Not only did they sell both WOeds out, they did it while telling PDT and ALG that they were not, and would not make the very deal they were working on.

Now as aviation Karma would have it, they are all ticked off that 5 of the same pilots they hosed in making the J4J deal are now Captains at PSA because of it.

Not only did they sell both WOeds out, they did it while telling PDT and ALG that they were not, and would not make the very deal they were working on.

Now as aviation Karma would have it, they are all ticked off that 5 of the same pilots they hosed in making the J4J deal are now Captains at PSA because of it.

The OLD PSA MEC sold out a lot of people. All the F/O's are suffering the concequences right now. I am glad the New MEC is holding firm on the 900's. Wages need to come up for the F/O's. With gas prices hitting $3/gal soon, living on $21k/year is just about impossible.
Just doesn't make sense for us to fly 40% more people/revenue for the same $$$.

Latest posts