US offers PSA 900s again.

The OLD PSA MEC sold out a lot of people. All the F/O's are suffering the concequences right now. I am glad the New MEC is holding firm on the 900's. Wages need to come up for the F/O's. With gas prices hitting $3/gal soon, living on $21k/year is just about impossible.
Just doesn't make sense for us to fly 40% more people/revenue for the same $$$.

Aren't all the PSA FOs post 'OLD PSA MEC' new hires? How can any one of them blame an MEC for the job they accepted? :blink:

Seems to me that anyone who will fly an aircraft in FAR 121 Air Transportation operations for $21k a year, deserves much less than that.

Johnathan Orenstein was infamously quoted as saying something to the effect of "I'm still paying too much for pilots, because I have no problem filling classes". As long as people continue to work and fly for peanuts, or pretzels, don't expect any help paying for your $3/gal gas. <_<

Aren't all the PSA FOs post 'OLD PSA MEC' new hires? How can any one of them blame an MEC for the job they accepted? :blink:

Seems to me that anyone who will fly an aircraft in FAR 121 Air Transportation operations for $21k a year, deserves much less than that.

Johnathan Orenstein was infamously quoted as saying something to the effect of "I'm still paying too much for pilots, because I have no problem filling classes". As long as people continue to work and fly for peanuts, or pretzels, don't expect any help paying for your $3/gal gas. <_<

That's it dumbass, blame the people who have to suffer for the lack of integrity of the OLD MEC.
It wasn't like we go to the interview and when we get offered the job we negotiate the wages. It is all laid out ahead of us by people put into positions that should be protecting the future not destroying it.
Yes we all know about the basic pay scale but nobody expected to be on reserve for 2 years. For a regional airline that is pathetic. We need to work 75 hrs just to make the 21k. Sit reserve and it will be less. I blame them because they gave themselves a $15/hr raise and the F/O's got $.50.
Just a shining example of the lack of proper leadership that PSA had. And this is just one example of many. I am glad that the current MEC is working for the whole pilot group, not just the Captains.

Yes we all know about the basic pay scale but nobody expected to be on reserve for 2 years. For a regional airline that is pathetic.

Well, big brother mainline is the bottom of the industry pay scale too, with up to 22 years reserve. Now THAT is patehetic. Oh, yeah, maybe its because all of the planes are flown by Express now. You guys aren't cheap enough? They'll go to Mesa or RP. Its a vicious cycle with everyone willing to sell each other out and do it for cheaper and cheaper. I'm glad PSA had the balls to tell them no, but really that should have been done at the mainline level YEARS ago when the question of anything over 50 seats came up. The answer should always have been no.

Well, big brother mainline is the bottom of the industry pay scale too, with up to 22 years reserve. Now THAT is patehetic. Oh, yeah, maybe its because all of the planes are flown by Express now. You guys aren't cheap enough? They'll go to Mesa or RP. Its a vicious cycle with everyone willing to sell each other out and do it for cheaper and cheaper. I'm glad PSA had the balls to tell them no, but really that should have been done at the mainline level YEARS ago when the question of anything over 50 seats came up. The answer should always have been no.
And there is where the fault should lie...at the Mainline level; way back when the F28's and BAC 111's were on the property,not at the feet of some poor RJ new hire just trying to advance his or her career along.You have to wonder if previous MEC 's got anything of significance for allowing the 50 and 70 seaters be farmed out like they were? Probably not. And even if they did,all of it's been rescinded with the 2 trips thru BK court.

That's it dumbass, blame the people who have to suffer for the lack of integrity of the OLD MEC.
It wasn't like we go to the interview and when we get offered the job we negotiate the wages. It is all laid out ahead of us by people put into positions that should be protecting the future not destroying it.
Yes we all know about the basic pay scale but nobody expected to be on reserve for 2 years. For a regional airline that is pathetic. We need to work 75 hrs just to make the 21k. Sit reserve and it will be less. I blame them because they gave themselves a $15/hr raise and the F/O's got $.50.
Just a shining example of the lack of proper leadership that PSA had. And this is just one example of many. I am glad that the current MEC is working for the whole pilot group, not just the Captains.

Dumbass?

You're the one who's flying a shiny jet for $21K per year. :up:

...blame the people who have to suffer for the lack of integrity of the OLD MEC.
Yes we all know about the basic pay scale but nobody expected to be on reserve for 2 years.

I was wondering if this thread would bring you back posting... Almost posted that when this thread started. Anyway...

If the "OLD" MEC would have been as tough as you say the "CURRENT" MEC is and would have stood their ground, you would not be an FO at PSA today...

I was wondering if this thread would bring you back posting... Almost posted that when this thread started. Anyway...

If the "OLD" MEC would have been as tough as you say the "CURRENT" MEC is and would have stood their ground, you would not be an FO at PSA today...

And what else does your crystal ball tell ya?

You have to wonder if previous MEC 's got anything of significance for allowing the 50 and 70 seaters be farmed out like they were?
It’s 86 seats that ALPA allow to be outsourced and right now ALPA has gain 2 E190 replacement Aircraft with no growth

Its frustrating to see whats happening,or what's not happening, at Piedmont. Piedmont could dominate the short haul market in the northeast and mid-Atlantic with a fleet of dash-8-300s. These aircraft could even work as a source of hub releaf (PHL) and/or hub bypass in several northeast and mid-Atlantic market pairs where decent O&D would work with point-to-point service.

I was skeptical when I first read the poster claiming that Piedmont pilots are leaving in droves, then yesterday afternoon I spoke with a friend who works for Piedmont in SBY. He told me pilots are leaving not because they don't like flying the dash-8, they're leaving because of the uncertainty of not knowing what is Piedmont's future.
Colgan Air to fly as many as 45 Q-400s as a Continential Connection carrier. If US Airways and Piedmont are not careful, Colgan will dominate the short haul market in the northeast with nearly as many Q-400s and Piedmont has Dash-8-100s and 300s.

http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=8255

Latest posts