US offers PSA 900s again.

Attrition at the wholly owned carriers wouldn't be a problem with a flow through. People would want to work there because of it.

Attrition at the wholly owned carriers wouldn't be a problem with a flow through. People would want to work there because of it.

Dash,

Not only do I agree with you, but I have been saying the same thing for years.

IIRC, back 20 years ago, when original Piedmont and every other major were hiring like mad, Piedmont would not hire any pilots from Henson, which was a WO of the mainline and is now the new Piedmont. (I remember many mainline PAI pilots expressing frustration in not being able to get their friends from Henson hired.)

I could never understand this. The WO pilots knew the system, knew their way around the hubs, knew the ops frequencies, the computer systems, etc. And many of them really wanted to work for PAI, as opposed to the other majors that were hiring.

But instead of promoting them to the big league club, what PAI was essentially doing was training new-hire pilots for AMR, UAL, NWA, AAA, and everybody else who would hire them.

IMHO, the incentive of knowing you can move up to the mainline eventually would certainly curb the attrition at the WO's, and save untold money in training and other employee processing costs. IOW, they would be more likely to put up with the low pay and crappy lifestyle, knowing their sacrifice would someday be rewarded. (Especially if a pilot could bring his or her longevity to the mainline -- if not for equipment/domicile/monthly line bidding, at least for vacation, retirement, and non-rev purposes.)

Instead, we have WO pilots who are updating their résumés to JetBlue, AirTran, Continental, Delta, FedEx, etc. while still on their new-hire IOE.

I agree as well. What airline management and many naysayers fail to recognize is that pilot hiring is a zero-sum game. If mainlines don't hire from their WO pilot groups then someone else will. No money is really saved and the opportunity cost of not having motivated, dedicated and knowledgeable employees stay in the system is actually a negative.

You can't BS a BSer my friend. I had the misfortune of working for PSA for a brief time after being furloughed from Airways (pre-J4J) and the term "Dad" was most definitely NOT used as a term of endearment.

Maybe the guy should have specified, or questioned rather the validity of their birth.

Typical of a broken family and the disfunction that exists there.

I agree as well. What airline management and many naysayers fail to recognize is that pilot hiring is a zero-sum game. If mainlines don't hire from their WO pilot groups then someone else will. No money is really saved and the opportunity cost of not having motivated, dedicated and knowledgeable employees stay in the system is actually a negative.
Dead on.....

Jim