US Pilots Labor Discussion 6/10- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
Wow, 1004 posts on the last thread....it's getting a little long so here's the new thread for the week.

As always, PLEASE observe the rules.

Thank you.

rot in PHX?, have you not heard, we are adding 70 flights a day this fall, and there is talk about a West staffed FLL base

Probably out of Charlotte in addition to your 24% block hours on East routes?

Oh, that's right, you all brought jobs ......

Reactions: 2 people
rot in PHX?, have you not heard, we are adding 70 flights a day this fall, and there is talk about a West staffed FLL base

Probably out of Charlotte in addition to your 24% block hours on East routes?

Oh, that's right, you all brought jobs ......

Don't confuse their argument with facts. They get really upset.

Oh....that's right.....who cares if they get really upset!

Oh woo hee adding 70 flights! If I lived in PHX these days I'd be jumping for joy too with anything that took me out of the state of Arizona. The place is a real bastion of 'fairness' these days :blink: What’s that saying? Crazy from the heat?

Later,
Eye

Oh woo hee adding 70 flights! If I lived in PHX these days I'd be jumping for joy too with anything that took me out of the state of Arizona. The place is a real bastion of 'fairness' these days :blink: What’s that saying? Crazy from the heat?

Later,
Eye

The great state of Arizona welcomes you any time. This time of year is wonderful at the higher elevations. Say like the top floor of the corporate headquarters. Where the Nic lays calmly on Parkers desk awaiting implementation.

I know 70 flights a day is not much to the veteran pilots of the bankrupt USAirways, who parked a couple hundred jets in the desert, before being aquired by AWA, but hey, no reason to disrespect Arizona, your old jets are in the mojave not the sonoran.

Reactions: 3 people
The great state of Arizona welcomes you any time. This time of year is wonderful at the higher elevations. Say like the top floor of the corporate headquarters. Where the Nic lays calmly on Parkers desk awaiting implementation.

I know 70 flights a day is not much to the veteran pilots of the bankrupt USAirways, who parked a couple hundred jets in the desert, before being aquired by AWA, but hey, no reason to disrespect Arizona, your old jets are in the mojave not the sonoran.
70 flights? Sounds like 2 banks of Mesa RJs to me.

If I had a dollar for everytime someone said there was going to be a Florida crewbase, I wouldn't need employment.

70 flights a day whether it is on the east or west would be a good thing for us furloughed pilots that would actually like to have our jobs back. Some of the comments on here amaze me, I really think that you all could care less that we have furloughed pilots. keep flying your 95 hours every month we really appreciate it.

70 flights a day whether it is on the east or west would be a good thing for us furloughed pilots that would actually like to have our jobs back. Some of the comments on here amaze me, I really think that you all could care less that we have furloughed pilots. keep flying your 95 hours every month we really appreciate it.
If you're suggesting I do that, instead of the MINIMUM i've been flying, I'll consider it. I haven't flown my maximum hours in over a year. I've been doing my part to get furloughees back. They sound so grateful, I should reconsider.

I think more flying time is great. I just can't believe a word some of those guys say. EVERYTHING has some spin on it.

Reactions: 1 person
oldie,
didn't say that you in particular are flying the max hours. It was just a general comment because there are quite a few guys who are flying 95 hours. If they weren't flying the max we would all be back by now. The lines have pretty much been flexed to 95 all year so far and it continues until at least sept.

If you're suggesting I do that, instead of the MINIMUM i've been flying, I'll consider it. I haven't flown my maximum hours in over a year. I've been doing my part to get furloughees back. They sound so grateful, I should reconsider.

I think more flying time is great. I just can't believe a word some of those guys say. EVERYTHING has some spin on it.

Spin on this , that 70 addtional flights is to reposition aircrafts to FLL to accomodate Sprit Airline Passengers. As of the FLL base rumor , that will be due to Sprit Airlines going on strike Friday 11th and liquidating soon after. And by the way olidie Mesa is furloughing pilots and parking more RJ's .

Oldie,

No spin this time. Rumor is, Vegas is rehireing ramp and CSR staff. The word is something like 38 additional flights added in aug, and another 37 in sept. It is still just a rumor and I do not know if it is rj flying or mainline or what % of each.

And I know it will not mean as much coming from me, but thanks for doing your part. and no, I am not furloughed.

Oldie,

No spin this time. Rumor is, Vegas is rehireing ramp and CSR staff. The word is something like 38 additional flights added in aug, and another 37 in sept. It is still just a rumor and I do not know if it is rj flying or mainline or what % of each.

And I know it will not mean as much coming from me, but thanks for doing your part. and no, I am not furloughed.

With all these rumors and facts about extra flying , you would think someone would know about recalls, and start to bring all our guys back by August. What they are going to have smurfs fly our airplanes?.

Spin on this , that 70 addtional flights is to reposition aircrafts to FLL to accomodate Sprit Airline Passengers. As of the FLL base rumor , that will be due to Sprit Airlines going on strike Friday 11th and liquidating soon after. And by the way olidie Mesa is furloughing pilots and parking more RJ's .
If it's flying to replace a group on strike, COUNT ME OUT. Homey don't play dat.

If that's what the rumor is, someone should spell out the pilots' feeling on this ASAP.

Oldie,

That would most certainly be good news. I know that the pundits are saying that the economy is picking up. I hope they're right this time.

That stuff about flying struck work is VERY troubling. I really hope the company is smart enough to not attempt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.