US Relaunches Its Envoy Experience

The aisles are narrow and the roll a board's will ultimately scuff the seat sides

They swear that the aisles are the same width as they were before, according to the latest AboutUS (though to be fair, I haven't seen the new cabin myself). They will, however, move the floor path lighting by summer's end to help roller boards and service carts move past more easily.

Alas, it's the same moral: Do first, think later -- or as Art would say, another example of "the high cost of cheap"

They try to insult your intelligence. I have rolled my rollerboard down that aisle many a time. My rollerboard barely fits down it now. I don't give a $H!T if Doug himself got on his knees and measured it himself. ;) :p .....I STILL wouldn't believe it. :lol:

Nothing to give you a total meltdown but how much hoopla was put on about the "skirt" for the cart? You'd think they had that covered by ordering it EARLY. Make sure you have what you need. Oh, oh wait....how about making sure that ALL flight attendants based in PHL are trained PRIOR to your starting the service. We have f/a's working ENVOY that have not had their "Salad Tossing Class". MORONS on so many levels I can't even begin to put it into words. YAHOO CRACKERS. Headquarters reminds me of the place they raided in Texas. :lol:

Letter to Dividend Miles customers today:

There's no place like Envoy
Introducing the all new Envoy, our transatlantic business class to and from Europe. We've upgraded the Envoy experience to ensure you'll arrive refreshed, relaxed and ready to go. Here's a look at some of the changes you can look forward to on your next flight with US:
Relax
Settle into new near lie-flat, fully-adjustable seats on our refurbished B767 fleet

Taste
Savor fine wines and restaurant-style entrees including custom-made salads, choice filets and American brunch selections

Play
Explore endless hours of movies, television programs and music with personal on-demand entertainment systems

Work
Be productive with priority boarding and dedicated Envoy Lounges at the airport and power outlets in every seat onboard
Plan your next trip across the Atlantic with US and find out why there's
no place like Envoy.

Letter to Dividend Miles customers today:

There's no place like Envoy
Introducing the all new Envoy, our transatlantic business class to and from Europe. We've upgraded the Envoy experience to ensure you'll arrive refreshed, relaxed and ready to go. Here's a look at some of the changes you can look forward to on your next flight with US:
Relax
Settle into new near lie-flat, fully-adjustable seats on our refurbished B767 fleet

Taste
Savor fine wines and restaurant-style entrees including custom-made salads, choice filets and American brunch selections

Play
Explore endless hours of movies, television programs and music with personal on-demand entertainment systems

Work
Be productive with priority boarding and dedicated Envoy Lounges at the airport and power outlets in every seat onboard
Plan your next trip across the Atlantic with US and find out why there's
no place like Envoy.
For gosh sakes. They have ONE, or maybe 2 a/c with the "NEW ENVOY" seats! Please! Get it together Tempe, all the airplanes should of been done by now! :rolleyes:

From what I've heard, there are 2 more 767's left for refit. I'm actually planning to try one out later this month. Should be a nice ride! I'll be sure to review it and take pictures.

-Kinglobjaw

:blink: Yes, please report back. I dare you to say those seats up front are comfortable with a straight face. And ask for a window seat. If your reclined all the way and need to go to the restroom, you will need a trapeze to launch youself out of the seat and over the person next to you :lol:

From what I've heard, there are 2 more 767's left for refit. I'm actually planning to try one out later this month. Should be a nice ride! I'll be sure to review it and take pictures.

-Kinglobjaw

:huh: Flying to try out a seat that is not so popular? Or planning on visiting Athens or Vienna?

I was on a new Envoy 767. We were suppose to be on a 757 to SJU however an equipment swap was done and we got a 767.

The seats are much better than what the old ones. They are not like the 330 lie flat.

I found them comfortable - I slept the entire way down to SJU. I think people are just complaining to complain. I never had the expectation of an SQ or BA type seat. However, they are just fine. I would not have spent a ton of money myself upgrading the seats when you are planning on retiring the aircraft over the next 2 to 4 years.

I had no trouble getting my roller back to row 3.

I did sit near a window and getting out to go the lav is no different then the spacebed on SQ. You just put you seat up and then step over the person next to you. The point being - if your near a window you can only go to the lav one way. It's really not that hard to get out of the seat.

I was on a new Envoy 767. We were suppose to be on a 757 to SJU however an equipment swap was done and we got a 767.

The seats are much better than what the old ones. They are not like the 330 lie flat.

I found them comfortable - I slept the entire way down to SJU. I think people are just complaining to complain. I never had the expectation of an SQ or BA type seat. However, they are just fine. I would not have spent a ton of money myself upgrading the seats when you are planning on retiring the aircraft over the next 2 to 4 years.

I had no trouble getting my roller back to row 3.

I did sit near a window and getting out to go the lav is no different then the spacebed on SQ. You just put you seat up and then step over the person next to you. The point being - if your near a window you can only go to the lav one way. It's really not that hard to get out of the seat.

Right on! Great post, jcw. Some people except a grapple or a hook to grab them and carry them across the cabin and right into the lav.

It's funny how people don't mind standing up from a table in a restaurant or in a theather cross through an aisle full of people, yet when it comes to standing up from a electronically adjustable seat, all hell seems to break loose.

All good points. Thanks again for a great post.

-Kinglobjaw

:rolleyes: When you work on them all the time and hear the constant complaints all the time, maybe you would understand. Maybe when you walk on an aircraft and see 4 seats broken that are bran new, you would understand. They are JUNK. They are like laying on a cement park bench. They are too close together. Yada Yada Yada. Just keep licking that koolaid pop.................SLUUUUUUURP
View attachment 7435

It's funny how people don't mind standing up from a table in a restaurant or in a theather cross through an aisle full of people, yet when it comes to standing up from a electronically adjustable seat, all hell seems to break loose.

-Kinglobjaw

Poor comparison. If I am spending over $1500 or more oneway for a premium seat then I would want as hassle-free an experience as possible. Especially when confined to that location for eight or more hours. People do not normally pay $1500 for a meal in a crowded restaurant or for a theater production. :rolleyes: