US Relaunches Its Envoy Experience

At the end of the day - the whole new "Envoy Experience" is still nothing more than lipstick on a pig. Let's just call it like it is - US premium service is a pig - no amount of marketing spin is going to change that fact.

Poor comparison. If I am spending over $1500 or more oneway for a premium seat then I would want as hassle-free an experience as possible. Especially when confined to that location for eight or more hours. People do not normally pay $1500 for a meal in a crowded restaurant or for a theater production. :rolleyes:

Then don't book a window seat if you don't want to have to adjust your seat to get up.

On another note, it seems people like to complain to complain even customers. I have seen people blow up over the littlest things at a gate agent, flight attendant, etc. If a severe storm is coming through or there is two feet of snow on the ground you can fly that easily. No sense in blowing a gasket at the staff - just like if the plane is broken and has to take a mechanical I would rather take the mechanical then die because the plane malfunctioned in flight and crashed.

As far as the "new" service goes, I think it is a much improved and needed change. I have worked it 3 times already and I have to say it really is nice compared to what the last Envoy service was (the drop and run). The Envoy passengers have been very complimentary towards the service also, and I have even been hearing them say thank you for a wonderful flight again. The "brunch" service on W/B flights back to the US are hit or miss.....sometimes it goes over well and sometimes it doesn't, it just needs to be tweaked with better entree choices that's all. The amount of food has greatly increased to the point of there being a lot of food being wasted.....but I won't complain about that because I'd rather have too much than not enough onboard.

There is still a lot of negativity out there from a lot of F/A's about the new service, suprise :shock:, but honestly if they would just do it the way it is supposed to be done, they'll find that it really isn't that bad and it's much easier. I've also worked some flights in Coach, and after the service have gone up front to see how it went and found that some "renegades" are still trying to re-invent the wheel and do it their own way because they say the new procedure is ridiculous....but they are working twice as hard because of it and end up hating it more! As with anything new around here, changes will be made or tweaked as needed, but you need to forward the info to Dining and Cabin or Ask Inflight for your concerns to be addressed. I've had good feedback from my responses and believe it or not a couple of my suggestions have been implemented for change.

It will never be what the "original" Envoy service was, but at least it's a step in the right direction!

I'm not trying to say that the seats are great or that it's ok that you have to adjust your seat to go to the bathroom, etc. But what I do want to say is that it is MUCH WORSE on everyone's beloved CO. Every BizElite seat in their fleet (on 757s, 762s, 764s, and 777s) all have only 55" of pitch. US has 60" pitch at the very least in all planes. That 5" extra room makes a big difference....I don't like the space at all on CO. Now the service on CO....it's great....but the seat....BLAH!

have they upgraded the coach meal serive on t/a flights as committed to in their schedule of service *cough* enhancements?

They did say starting in May the coach entree choices were FINALLY going to change after about 5 years of Penne Pasta and BarBQue Beef! They are also going to get rid of the boxes on the coach trays. And best of all....Daves' Donuts are going away! :up: Not sure what's taking it's place but what ever it is will be heated for the arrival service, even the arrival snack back to the US will change too....hopefully it will be a good change!

Well I have only been back from family leave for a few weeks. I have worked Envoy twice and I noticed some improvement in the catering. I have come up with some great short-cuts for the new service. Basically, you have to work the set-up to put everything on there at once. That way you can have extended breaks. If you avoid having coach come up to help pick-up - just have coach start on duty free - you know "You don't want anything from duty free??? You don't want anything from duty free???" and expedite the service up front there is no reason you can't arrange double breaks!

I have worked the new service 3 times this month as the "E" flight attendant to LHR, an I have to say that I really love the new service. So easy to do and most passengers have welcomed the change! The entrees, as well as the appetizers and fruit/cheese look great.

I have seen a few flight attendants come up with some "short-cuts" but they really arent needed. All in all, a very nice product we have in my opinion!

Now if they can create ONE galley packout and stick with it. Each flight there are things in the wrong place. The flow booklets are outdated already. Things are NOT where they are labeled in the booklets. Also they need to change the wine selection just a bit. As someone stated somewhere, "Sir would you like Chardonnay or Chardonnay"? Two California whites and both Chardonnay? It makes us look silly. Imagine a wine list along with your meal thats all Cabernet. :rolleyes: Someday....SOMEDAY just maybe we'll get it right.

On all three of your flights were you catered 100% correct with no items missing? I find that extremely hard to believe. The service can come across nice and it's less running and dropping but the bugs are still being worked out.

Actually, on all three trips, we did not have one item for the new service missing. That something I was impressed about.

Well that certainly IS encouraging to hear. Maybe they are starting to get it down. Now does anyone know what the status is of the company tailoring the service for LHR considering it's SOOOOO late by the time you start plating food. An abbreviated service quite possibly. Does BA allow you to dine on the ground in their first cabin so you can sleep your whole flight?

Well that certainly IS encouraging to hear. Maybe they are starting to get it down. Now does anyone know what the status is of the company tailoring the service for LHR considering it's SOOOOO late by the time you start plating food. An abbreviated service quite possibly. Does BA allow you to dine on the ground in their first cabin so you can sleep your whole flight?
Yes, in PHL the last daily BA flight has a pre-flight dinner option for Business Class passengers. The dinners are served in the BA Galleries Club Lounge. Galleries (First and Club) is a new concept in BA lounges and I believe PHL is the only U.S. airport to currently have them. Even though one has pre-flight dinner, fairly elaborate food snacks are offered on an open table during the flight and breakfast is served prior to arrival. The Envoy Lounge (re-arranged somewhat) and the A333 could likely easily support such an endeavor, IF US could entice a sufficent number of business customers to commit to it and IF US could provide a supper service equivalent or better than available in-flight. I have taken the late BA flight 3x this year (2 x Feb, 1 x Mar) and Business (Club) was always Full, with maybe 3/4 of the passengers opting for off-flight supper.

Well presented well the new service can be very nice. I have heard quite a few trip reports from friends that all flights are not going so well. I'm glad to hear that a few flight attendants have something positive to report about it. I doubt we'd see US do anything on the lines of what BA does as far as off flight dining. Most of those in marketing that create the inflight "experience" would be like wha wha whaaaaat? :blink:

I doubt we'd see US do anything on the lines of what BA does as far as off flight dining. Most of those in marketing that create the inflight "experience" would be like wha wha whaaaaat? :blink:

I shudder at the thought of what they might come up with! :huh:

1348_cook_serving_cafeteria_school_lunch.jpg