USA320Pilot, this one's for you....

As a newly elected Rep. and part of ALPA's RC4, when would now be a good time to let go of your anger and learn some decorum, especially since you ran unopposed in your recent election?

I will agree with you on one point, I despise you and your partners ilk so much for the damage you did to this pilot group by not listening to the ALPA president, ALPA professional negotiator, ALPA director of representation, every ALPA international advisor, every ALPA financial and legal advisor, and two-thirds of the MEC. You and the people you support gave the pilots LOA 93 and now we have to fight for the comapny's LOA 93 opener. How dumb is that?

Regards,

USA320Pilot [/font]

The ALPA president (a good man) was just voted off his position by the U PHL reps, because he would not intervene in the PSA representational issues at hand. We fired our financial adivsor, he was of no use, and wrong. We have, nor never had, professional negotiators (and don't twist that, you know what I mean),Two thirds of the MEC..not quite..by a long shot.....and to top it off, LOA 93 was passed by what...57% of the pilot group? You were not "dumb" on this issue, nor were the slight minority..they were simply "right." Greeter (is over a year in office "new"..just an academic question?) ........ At least this is what I am told by my rep!!!!

[/quote]

No, not proud of it. I pay my bills on what I BRING home in my pay...NOT my hourly rate and that's all you see posted for comparison is the rate. On reserve I make more then a blockholder...and be done flying in October! Have November and December off! Can only fly 1000 hours per year.

I'm afraid I need a little clarification here. What is the difference in a W-2 that has you fly 95 hrs a month and timing out in mid Oct. vs. the full year of 85. If you can only fly 1000 hrs a year wouldn't that be approximately the same pay just spread out over 12 months instead of 10 1/2?

Also, if you've timed out for the last couple of months of the year, does the company still pay you for not working? If so at what rate? 72 hrs., 85 hrs. or 95 hrs?

Mtnman

Well, any comment?

Flufdriver,

Have not a clue your personal options of bidding. That said, on many planes folks are able to bid short call reserve and on average never exceed min guarantee. Would that option be enuf of a prioity to you to help right the wrongs of the furloughed? You asked BB in an open forum so I will return my opinion.

FA

Delta777:

In regard to my seniority I have been blessed. I have been a Captain for 17+ of my 21.5 year's of service. Regards,

USA320Pilot

Good Grief!!!! (ONLY) 4 years to "Check-out"??? It was 15 yrs. for my "Class of '67". Boy ... were you ever so "Blessed"!

Heck .... it was 10 yrs. as F/O before I had a Christmas off to be with my Family!

Count Your Blessings ... you have been very fortunate!

Merry Christmas!

2B

Good Grief!!!! (ONLY) 4 years to "Check-out"??? It was 15 yrs. for my "Class of '67". Boy ... were you ever so "Blessed"!

Heck .... it was 10 yrs. as F/O before I had a Christmas off to be with my Family!

Count Your Blessings ... you have been very fortunate!

Merry Christmas!

2B

The rest of the story that USA320Pilot forgot to mention is that the First Officers that fly with him were hired in 1988. Most have flown Captain and were bumped back after Operation Desert Storage II, where Wolf and Gangwal parked all the B737-200's(MetroJet), plus the entire Fokker100 and MD80 fleets. I can't recall the exact number (Boeing Boy?), but about 150 hulls.

Your right. He has been fortunate but can barely hold a line of flying in LGA, a junior base for USAirways, with 21.5 years of service.

The rest of the story that USA320Pilot forgot to mention is that the First Officers that fly with him were hired in 1988. Most have flown Captain and were bumped back after Operation Desert Storage II, where Wolf and Gangwal parked all the B737-200's(MetroJet), plus the entire Fokker100 and MD80 fleets. I can't recall the exact number (Boeing Boy?), but about 150 hulls.

Your right. He has been fortunate but can barely hold a line of flying in LGA, a junior base for USAirways, with 21.5 years of service.
Don't worry......Chip's enjoying it !!!! :lol: :shock: