US Airways's pilots are paid less than pilots at other airlines

Pilots helped clean planes, and did not write things up. Cleaning planes while Utility is on strike is being a scab.

Ever been stabbed in the hand with a syringe while cleaning a seatback and have to undergo AIDS testing for several years?

I know people that have, are you trained in biohazards?

Ever crawl into the wing and clean a fuel tank?

Hang from a the hangar ceiling from a harness to buff the crown of a 767?

Utility did way more then just pick up trash as you say.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your rant.
Ever crawl into the wing and clean a fuel tank?
AT AWA WE HAVE LICENSED TANK DIVERS DO THAT JOB AND I BET AFTER THAT UTILITY WORKER IS DONE A LICENSED AMT(INSPECTOR) LOOKED IN AND SIGNED IT OFF not the utility worker.
Hang from a the hangar ceiling from a harness to buff the crown of a 767? AND DID THAT UTILITY WORKER UNDERSTAND THAT IF HE WAS TO POLISH (BUFF) TO LONG THE SKIN CAN GET TO THIN AND CAN FAIL? Does he have the training to know what he is looking at???? But we hope a AMT INSPECTOR SIGNED THAT 0FF ALSO.
Utility did way more then just pick up trash as you say.

YES THEY HELP BUT THEY CANOT SIGN OFF ANY THING AND YOU MR. TRADE UNIONIST why are my UNION AMTS ON LAYOFF when a man(utility)who can not do the job with out the man (licensed AMT)is on layoff???????

SO WHAT DOES THE UTILITY WORKER DO HANG FROM THE CEILING OR HIDE IT THE FUEL TANK TILL THE AMT IS OFF LAYOFF???

CLASS AND CRAFT???!! :oops:

Why dont you compare apples to apples?

Yes the Utility person is trained and has a stamp to sign off the job cards of the work he accomplished.

Since you dont have utility nor heavy mtc I would not expect you to understand this concept.

:lol:
Why dont you compare apples to apples?

Yes the Utility person is trained and has a stamp to sign off the job cards of the work he accomplished.

Since you dont have utility nor heavy mtc I would not expect you to understand this concept.
WELL TELL HIM TO SIGN OFF THE INSPECTION AND STAMP THIS LOL :up: (just to let you know I bet if the FAA was to ask just a few questions, a lot of stamps will go bye bye just due to lack of BASIC knowledge.)

I had a good one last year!! What is the expression date of a can(QT)of mobil jet 2 oil?????
and this Fed was going to ground the whole flt.
Now o wise stores boy find that lol and your flight goes in 10 min. :shock: :up:

Just to stay on thread the pilots need to be paid for class and craft and at a rate that is not out of line but within reality.(this is what you call keeping you a$$ out of a sling LOL)GET U SOME FLIGHT CREWS!!!!

Dear Airways pilots,
I agree the strike in which ‘you’ crossed the mechanic’s picket line was years ago. Practically every pilot left at Airways crossed that line. Some did not agree with it, but most did. Funny how I can not recall any pilots forming a group to argue against crossing the line. So please forgive as I sit and laugh as you pensions and your futures are not as bright and shiny as they once were. The fact remains you as a group were over paid. I mean severely over paid for a long time. Now you are pouting about the contracts your group accepted. If you don’t like your wages and benefits just quit. That is what I did and now I am on the outside just pushing your sorry little buttons. It stinks to be you now. You need to realize that most of the world think of you as a group as a bunch of egotistical morons that love yourselves. Lately though when I look into your eyes I see how burned out and pathetic you are. Feeling desperate because you have no where to go. You can not leave and get a better deal or you would do it. It sucks to be you now. I sort of feel sorry for you. You had your turn and now it is mine and I will not give up one minute enjoying your misery.

~Jim, I know you are different and please do not think I group you in with the rest of these washed up self serving souls.

Dear Airways pilots,
I agree the strike in which ‘you’ crossed the mechanic’s picket line was years ago. Practically every pilot left at Airways crossed that line. Some did not agree with it, but most did. Funny how I can not recall any pilots forming a group to argue against crossing the line. So please forgive as I sit and laugh as you pensions and your futures are not as bright and shiny as they once were. The fact remains you as a group were over paid. I mean severely over paid for a long time. Now you are pouting about the contracts your group accepted. If you don’t like your wages and benefits just quit. That is what I did and now I am on the outside just pushing your sorry little buttons. It stinks to be you now. You need to realize that most of the world think of you as a group as a bunch of egotistical morons that love yourselves. Lately though when I look into your eyes I see how burned out and pathetic you are. Feeling desperate because you have no where to go. You can not leave and get a better deal or you would do it. It sucks to be you now. I sort of feel sorry for you. You had your turn and now it is mine and I will not give up one minute enjoying your misery.
~Jim, I know you are different and please do not think I group you in with the rest of these washed up self serving souls.

PitGuy,

Would not expect any less from you.

Low Cost Model Includes High Pay

<snip>

Pilots with 12 years of experience, flying Boeing 737's or Airbus 320's.

There are pilots with only 12 years experience flying the Eastern fleet? Not certain, but it seems one needs about 16 to 17 years to fly for US-East.

There are no East pilots with 12 years longevity flying the East planes, but that's beside the point of the comparison. 12 years is TOS, so it doesn't matter whether a pilot has 12 or 22 years longevity - the pay rate is the same.

Perhaps if the OP had said "at least 12 years" it wouldn't have been so confusing for some.....

Jim

So please forgive as I sit and laugh as you pensions and your futures are not as bright and shiny as they once were. The fact remains you as a group were over paid. I mean severely over paid for a long time. Now you are pouting about the contracts your group accepted. If you don’t like your wages and benefits just quit. That is what I did and now I am on the outside just pushing your sorry little buttons. It stinks to be you now. Lately though when I look into your eyes I see how burned out and pathetic you are. Feeling desperate because you have no where to go. You can not leave and get a better deal or you would do it. It sucks to be you now. I sort of feel sorry for you. You had your turn and now it is mine and I will not give up one minute enjoying your misery.

Wow, what a drama queen! I'll take what I have now over any other contract at the company, thank you. No misery here. Burned out? Not even close. On a personal note, GET HELP, you're way, way, too bitter... :shock:

Dear Airways pilots,
The fact remains you as a group were over paid. I mean severely over paid for a long time.
This may be so, but the company did force us to have "Parity+1". We originally didn't want it. But we were not going to order 400 Airbuses, if we didn't. (You remember, the largest aircraft order in aviation history). Sure, when United signed their large contract, we got a 17% raise, and when Delta signed theirs, we got another 16%, but that was all part of the Parity +1. SO, once we took a 30% paycut, we are back to 1995 levels. It all works out good. Maybe after we turn another profit in the 2nd quarter, we can think about asking for some of our money back, but only if they agree to give everyone the same percentage. That would be fair to all and that is what we should be concerned with. Thanks to all of our hepl, this company is back on the right track. Thanks all.

Sure am glad we can preface employee with "former"

This may be so, but the company did force us to have "Parity+1". We originally didn't want it. But we were not going to order 400 Airbuses, if we didn't. (You remember, the largest aircraft order in aviation history). Sure, when United signed their large contract, we got a 17% raise, and when Delta signed theirs, we got another 16%, but that was all part of the Parity +1. SO, once we took a 30% paycut, we are back to 1995 levels. It all works out good. Maybe after we turn another profit in the 2nd quarter, we can think about asking for some of our money back, but only if they agree to give everyone the same percentage. That would be fair to all and that is what we should be concerned with. Thanks to all of our hepl, this company is back on the right track. Thanks all.

That is probably one of the nicest posts I've seen in a long time!

Although it sux being at '95 wages, it is still good to have a job that I enjoy.

I do feel sorry for you. It is not easy on you all mentally. Once having it all and now being forced to work for wages and benefits you find unpalatable. The worse part is you have no where to go and you have no choice but to stay and go through the motions. It is kind of sad seeing you trapped. I pity you on your dilemma.