USAirways Express adds Service from LAX

It still shows 2 TPA-PHX flights in Dec, but I don't know how far they've loaded the schedule yet. TPA-PHX fluctuates between one and two flights a day now depending on the season. Usually during May and Sept they go down to one flight and during the summer the night flight goes late to 845pm. I haven't seen anything about pulling one flight for good. Glad to see that TPA-LAX is coming back!

Reactions: 1 person
Hope777 said:

Yes Robbed has posted this in the American Forums as they are adding LAX-TPA.  But it also applies to USAirways....

Didn't USAIR (or maybe even the old Winston-Salem based Piedmont) offer LAX-TPA service for a while back in the late 80s or early 90s.  I don't think it lasted long, but if AA gets some meaningful connecting cities (like trans-Pacific) out of LAX, it just might work this time.

Yes, sometimes it was two flights a day, TPA-LAX-SFO-LAX-TPA, use to come in about 530 am in the morning, and I worked third shift Utility in TPA and we met it and cleaned it.

Reactions: 1 person
That big Atlanta-based airline has long served TPA-LAX nonstop;   this is an example of Parker-led new AA competing against Delta.   There's actually quite a bit of Tampa to Los Angeles O&D.   If AA can capture some of that plus some connecting traffic, this could be a winner.  

And like I said, I looked up a fare leaving this past Saturday on DL and staying three weeks and the cheapest was $904!

Latest posts