USAirways moving into AA territory

Status
Not open for further replies.

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
AA is going after them as well with the shuttle and other point flights from there hubs.

USAIRWAYS is not the greatest threat. There resourses are limited and people are still bit leary of putting there vaction dollars and plans in to a bankrupt airline. Now they see what happened to the people who were going to fly National are scrambling to find other ways and flights.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/8/2002 11:10:59 AM MiAAmi wrote:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021108/dcf012_1.html

With the recent additional flights to the Carib. could US expect AA to counteract?
----------------
[/blockquote]

American is already counter-reacting. Miami-Belize service, currently a daily 737-800, becomes 11 weekly 737-800s on 15 December 2002, year-round.

[A href=http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021108/dcf012_1.html]http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021108/dcf012_1.html[/A][BR][BR]With the recent additional flights to the Carib. could US expect AA to counteract?

AA is beginning service between CLT and MIA in Dec. Frequency is 1x/day with a 737-800.

Although the pattern of service between MIA and CLT is no big deal, with only 1 trip a day, the incremental drain of pax from the CLT hub is not good news for U.

Central America and the Carribean are two differant places...I think the topic delt with US Airways making it into Central America. Everyone in the world flies to the Carribean..No big deal there.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/8/2002 3:18:44 PM FA Mikey wrote:

Thats 30 plus a week. Most US flights dont operate daily. Another reason to choose AA, we have a flight leaving everyday.
----------------
[/blockquote]

For now....but remember, Carty is talking cut backs on the Latin American schedules (due to their depressed economy) and expanding with more flights to the Mexico markets where UA already has a nice code share with Mexicana and Aeromexico.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/8/2002 2:54:49 PM capeman wrote:
[P]1 flight a day into Central America and that is a threat. Give me a break... There are a lot of other things to think about before USair is cosidered a threat south of the border...[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]How about 30+ flights into the Caribbean and a set of Caribbean network partners...[/P]

1 flight a day into Central America and that is a threat. Give me a break... There are a lot of other things to think about before USair is cosidered a threat south of the border...

[blockquote]
----------------
For now....but remember, Carty is talking cut backs on the Latin American schedules (due to their depressed economy) and expanding with more flights to the Mexico markets where UA already has a nice code share with Mexicana and Aeromexico.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Though they're both owned by the same company, UA codeshares with MX...it's DL that codeshares w/ AM.

US Airways has filed with DOT for daily Charlotte-San Jose, Costa Rica service. They want to start in February. And 4x weekly Charlotte-Punta Cana service starts in December (14th I think). I personally consider the Dominican Republic Latin America, because even though it is in the Caribbean, it has very similar traffic patterns (though I do suppose PUJ is heavy on leisure, unlike say SDQ, LRM, and STI).

Both Mexican carriers will be up for sale soon. Who they code share with will be left up to the carriers who purchase equity stakes in them.

AA will be expanding the caribbean as well. Watch out US.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/8/2002 4:41:47 PM FA Mikey wrote:

Both Mexican carriers will be up for sale soon. Who they code share with will be left up to the carriers who purchase equity stakes in them.

AA will be expanding the caribbean as well. Watch out US.

----------------
[/blockquote]

They are already up for sale, and AMR has it's written interest in either or both airlines with the Mexican government. If AMR (read the pension fund) prevails, who do you think they will code share in the USA with?

US is showing it's desperation. Trying to start a Central American hub from CLT? What's the O & D on that route? One person a day? More of the same from braindead US management.

Status
Not open for further replies.