INDY HUB

Nothing....It's Indy....He is obviously a mech who lives or is from Indy, and wants to live there. A hub in Indy at this point makes no sense.

No. It's true.

My barber's son's wife has a cousin who works at the machine shop down the street from the USAirways HQ in Tempe and he's been asked by several truck drivers leaving the Tempe HQ for directions to the new USAirways hub in IND.

Take it to the bank, folks. IND will rival ORD/ATL/LHR in domestic and international destinations by year's end.

(Oops...that's tomorrow!)

Would you please post this information? I cannot locate it.

The following is the excerpt I was referring to...it's from Dec 16th's letter:

US Airways to Beef up in Indianapolis (?)
An employee wrote: I had two FAA employees on board from DCA today that
stated US was in final negotiations with IND to start a hub there “againâ€￾ to
decrease traffic in PHL. I asked, "Why not PIT?" and they stated it is too close
to PHL. Allegedly, IND is building a new concourse or something. They stated
it would be announced in May 2006 for the US Hub there. I am just curious if
anyone has info on these statements made by these FAA employees.
Fact or Fiction?
Fiction. Executive Vice President – Sales & Marketing, Scott Kirby did
suggest that this is one of the better rumors he’s heard in a while, but it’s
simply not true. There are no plans for an IND hub for US Airways.

No. It's true.

My barber's son's wife has a cousin who works at the machine shop down the street from the USAirways HQ in Tempe and he's been asked by several truck drivers leaving the Tempe HQ for directions to the new USAirways hub in IND.

Take it to the bank, folks. IND will rival ORD/ATL/LHR in domestic and international destinations by year's end.

(Oops...that's tomorrow!)
Just curious, is your son's wife cousin the one that hangs out at the Seashell Lounge in Moon Township that orders 2 Icy Lights at a time because they don't want to go dry? :lol:

EricLV2Fish,

Indianapolis is building a mid field terminal with one added runway I beleive. Is US building a hangar there? There are none available. ATA, FED EX, and AAR have all the hangar space locked up. AAR just singned a 10 year lease agreement to use the old UniTED facility. I really don't see Indianapolis airport authority jumping on the band wagon to build ANYTHING like that for another carrier anytime soon as bad as UniTED gave it to them in the shorts. And US doens't have a real good REP after the big pull out there.

But he's a mechanic, or at least he is in his own mind. And has no reason to spell correctly.(no dig on the rest of the mech. Some of them are good friends of mine)
With a name like Thepoohbear,it really hurts when you point out my lack of spelling skills.Thanks for your negative input.I think your friend Rabbit or maybe Tigger
is looking for you.....

Plus, if he wrote that up to send to LCC managment ..he needs some serious spelling & grammar checking done! (there/their/they're)
Like I really care about impressing you with proper spelling or using the CAPITAL SYMBOLS.WHO CARES....
CAN YOU COME UP WITH A ORIGINAL IDEA..Lets hear what your thoughts are rjh...If only people could talk about ideas with out cutting eachother over things like spelling.WHO CARES.Talk about something intelligent.and quit looking for peoples mistakes.thanks for your imput.I dont think Lcc management gives a hoot what I think.I was just trying
to explain that the housing cost are so high in Ft lauderdale and Philly and most places,that a mechanic cant afford to live there, they're, their.See how stupid it is too point out that i didnt put the right word in there ....who in the heck cares.I got to go fix something
see ya.

Latest posts