Very Bad Taste

Big Ffffing deal! A pilot hung a Union (symbolic) babydoll in a protest about the union....who gives a damn! There is a time and place for everything and maybe this wasn't the correct venue for his protest, that would be the only problem.

WTF is all the hooplaa about??? This political correctness bullsh!t about a noose being racist has just about run it course with many Americans. Is there going to be a boycot on tap dance studios and grocery stores that sell watermellons because of the stereotypes associated with those symbols?!? Get real!

If anything, the employees who spoke to the reporter should be FIRED for violating the company's policy concerning speaking to the media. This country and this company have bigger fish to fry. Move on.

This a ploy for the ground agents to get money via the threat of a "hostile work environment". Why call the local media and not just complain to management? Leverage for cash!

Big Ffffing deal! A pilot hung a Union (symbolic) babydoll in a protest about the union....who gives a damn!

WTF is all the hooplaa about??? This political correctness bullsh!t about a noose being racist has just about run it course with many Americans. Is there going to be a boycot on tap dance studios and grocery stores that sell watermellons because of the stereotypes associated with those symbols?!? Get real!

Let's see. Watermelon sterotype and nooses... hmmm. No difference? What county have you never left?

From what it looks like, this was a West A/B. And it will be a visit to the C/P's office for these two. And there to represent the two pilots will be USAPA. What a twist.

Big Ffffing deal! A pilot hung a Union (symbolic) babydoll in a protest about the union....who gives a damn! There is a time and place for everything and maybe this wasn't the correct venue for his protest, that would be the only problem.

If anything, the employees who spoke to the reporter should be FIRED for violating the company's policy concerning speaking to the media. This country and this company have bigger fish to fry. Move on.
Gotta agree here. An admitted silly prank getting way too much attention. Hanging a (white) doll from the cock pit; it takes quite a stretch to try and turn it into a racial issue, but then again, it's not surprising.

Express employees, a pic of a B737 plane, an Airbus cockpit and a white cabbage patch? Something doesn't add up here. The STL media must have a lot of time on their hands.

Let's see. Watermelon sterotype and nooses... hmmm. No difference? What county have you never left?

Nooses were used in this country (as well as many others) as a form of execution. If you are making reference to lynchings, there were whites and asians that were lynched as well. Lynching is hanging. Why does it have to be exclusive to blacks? Where is the racial reference? Horse theives were lynched, murderers were dragged into the streets and lynched my angry mobs, innocent people called whiches were lynched...This is not a matter of "what county have you never left"...whatever that is supposed to imply. A noose is no more a racial reference than a watermellon is. In old movies, books, and art, blacks were depicted eating watermellon, eating fried chicked, and tap dancing...that is what I was referencing. As a southerner, I enjoy my summer watermellon and fried chicken on Sunday, does that make me a racist? If you are refering to the noose as a means of execution, killing, or murdering someone then a noose is no different than the electric chair, the firing squad, or the gas chamber. It has been used on all races, legally or not. It's not just a black thing.

Again, the employees who spoke to the reporter should be fired for violating company policy. On that note, are RON cleaning crews supposed in the cockpit?

It was just a stupid prank with no racial motivation. If anybody wants to read more into that, there's plenty of news reporters that want to be Geraldo Rivera when they grow up to feed the cottage industry we have in this country of “being offendedâ€￾.

What sucks is that some moron defaced a kid’s toy that was probably left behind on the aircraft by mistake. The poor kid is probably heartbroken.

ron cleaners are not to be in cockpit only to shut apu down if trained to do or to remove the trash otherwise absolutely not allowed. whether or not this was a racial thing, it was flat out wrong

There is a section on the RON cleaning form for the cockpit to be cleaned.

Wow man,
Think of all the preparation that went into that 'symbolic sign'.

1.) Stealing your kid's Cabbage Patch doll.
2.) A trip to Home Depot to buy thick 'noose' rope
3.) Hiding the Cabbage Patch doll, rope, and Sharpie in flight bag.
4.) Spending half of the flight from PHX-STL making the noose and writing USAPA on it.
5.) Making crew wait for hotel van while you hang the stolen-noosebound-doll in cockpit.

Way to go guys! Hope you get fired.

Later,
Eye

One problem...#4 I don't see USAPA written on it...GROW UP and stop speculating if you don't know the Facts.

From what it looks like, this was a West A/B. And it will be a visit to the C/P's office for these two. And there to represent the two pilots will be USAPA. What a twist.
Wonder if they are USAPA members? Hope their case comes up before the middle of June, after that........oops :lol:

Unless I am wrong we all still live in America, that means one is innocent until proven guilty. While I don't even remotely condone this type of behavior anywhere, much less in the work place, how do we KNOW for SURE the offending cabbage patch doll was placed in the cockpit by the flight deck? We don't. One should never assume anything, especially in this day and age. I question the facts of this story just based on the conflicting footage i.e. AB cockpit, 737 picture, and it's a white doll? Give me ALL the facts and if guilty then throw the employee(s) under the bus, but not a minute before.

I have to strongly agree with CLT RES AGENT, we as a company and a country have much bigger fish to fry. What the STL media did is exactly what virtually every other media outlet in the U.S. does, they divert the attention away from the bigger issues such as the war, the economy, etc. on to other things hoping the American public won't get a clue as to what is really happening to our country.

Gotta go, CNN has exclusive video of Britney with her kids. Now THAT is super important! :rolleyes:

Back