Very Bad Taste

I am not sure of the contents about cleaning the cockpit, but I know that the trash has to be taken out and if APU is runnin, has to be shut down by trained folks.

Wonder if they are USAPA members? Hope their case comes up before the middle of June, after that........oops :lol:

Why should the middle of June matter? USAPA has to represent everyone, members or not, whether they like them or not.

Now will they actually carry out their responsibility? So far they've repeatedly fallen down on the job.

Day 1 has come and gone.

Ooops.

I am not sure of the contents about cleaning the cockpit, but I know that the trash has to be taken out and if APU is runnin, has to be shut down by trained folks.

Why should the APU be running on an overnight at the gate? It for engine start only now.

The cockpits are supposed to be cleaned, vacuumed, screens wiped down, seats clean, etc...

It is on the job card.

ty i know at our city, we arent allowed to go in the cockpit per both the ramp mgr and station mgr cuz they dont want anything messed up and the pilots dont seem to mind that we dont go in there except to take the trash bag out God For Bid we leave it in there they complain. i know some crews do have a tendacy to leave the apu on cuz of being in a hurry to get to the hotel. that has happened to us numerous occasions

Too much about nothing? A noose is like a swastika... hate symbols. Sure, nooses were used on other ethnic groups but the noose has become a hate symbol, just as the swastika -which has been around for a thousand years- is today.

Even though the idiot crew hung that thing in the flight deck as an inside joke, the fact that it was seen by others might make this a hate crime.

Too much about nothing? A noose is like a swastika... hate symbols. Sure, nooses were used on other ethnic groups but the noose has become a hate symbol, just as the swastika -which has been around for a thousand years- is today.

Even though the idiot crew hung that thing in the flight deck as an inside joke, the fact that it was seen by others might make this a hate crime.
Your comparison is completely off base ... a noose vs a swastika???

And a hate crime against whom?? Who is the victim? Give me a break!

Your comparison is completely off base ... a noose vs a swastika???

And a hate crime against whom?? Who is the victim? Give me a break!
I think Phaser is correct. It can be viewed as a threat. Threats can and have been prosecuted, with offenders going to prison. Not a very funny joke, I would say.

Gotta agree here. An admitted silly prank getting way too much attention. Hanging a (white) doll

Saw a few comments like these. And I was wondering why people, Americans, think it's fine to be racist to white people? Not fine, but Nonchalant.

Not saying this was at all racist, I don't think it is, but I was just wondering [in general] why white, American, people are so bullied around with the race card in the USA.

You are assuming it was the crew, maybe....maybe not.

In either case it's not racially motivated.
It's concerning union representation for goodness sakes.
Racially motivated my arse! :lol:

Much ado about nothing.

I think Phaser is correct. It can be viewed as a threat. Threats can and have been prosecuted, with offenders going to prison. Not a very funny joke, I would say.
Anyone who views this as a threat is just looking for a reason to be offended. Listen to the interview and the person uses several buzzwords that imply there will be a lawsuit coming. As long as the person who found it wasn't a USAPA rep who looks like the doll, there is no reason for all of this. Was it stupid? Absolutely, and the person should have to see the C/P and maybe get a couple days off, but certainly no more than that.

Anyone who views this as a threat is just looking for a reason to be offended. Listen to the interview and the person uses several buzzwords that imply there will be a lawsuit coming. As long as the person who found it wasn't a USAPA rep who looks like the doll, there is no reason for all of this. Was it stupid? Absolutely, and the person should have to see the C/P and maybe get a couple days off, but certainly no more than that.
You're absolutely WRONG here. This WAS a threat, against a unique group, USAPA and it's members. Race doesn't matter. A threat is a threat. It won't be very hard to prove who did it, it's probably right on the cockpit tape. If it wasn't a pilot, it was likely done using materials from their place of employment. Again, no problem to identify the culprit. Anybody that thinks this is just a prank is fooling themselves. My bet is that whomever is/was involved is shown the door. Only childish people would view this as some kind of "joke".

The company has got to stop this foolishness NOW, before someone really does get hurt.

. . . Only childish people would view this as some kind of "joke".

The company has got to stop this foolishness NOW, before someone really does get hurt.

AND only silly people would view it as some sort of threat, racial or otherwise. . .

And what do you mean by your last statement? Taking it a bit too far and trying to elevate the situation. Hmm kinda sounds like the media.

Back