Voluntary Options Opening

The best way to get people to leave is make them work.There are alot of people who have been sitting around doing nothing for years.
Wow the best way to get people to work is tell them they are going to be layed off

If we were smart, we’d consider our careers what economists call “sunk cost”. But you know us—we’re not too bright. We never leave. :rolleyes:

This company puts the fear of God into you :eek: —and why? Do they manipulate our brains every year at EPTs? Maybe. ;)

How many people do you know who have just thrown in the towel? No one. We hold on to this job like grim death…which is not far off for most of us by the way (Seinfeld).

I know of—not one but two—commuters from Ireland out of JFK. Who would live like we do? We’re crazy—every last one of us! :wacko:

They’ll work the minimum. Women need more time at home when their kids are young. But when the kids are older they often return to work.

Its going to take time but when people realize they cant drop there trips anymore.If everyone is scheduled more hrs then the people who pick up trips wont have to pick up as much.

Wow the best way to get people to work is tell them they are going to be layed off
You want a way in and I’m waiting for a way out. It would make too much sense :huh: to give you a way to keep your job by allowing me a way of making way for you. :wacko:

How’s morale right about now? :(

If we were smart, we’d consider our careers what economists call “sunk cost”. But you know us—we’re not too bright. We never leave. :rolleyes:

This company puts the fear of God into you :eek: —and why? Do they manipulate our brains every year at EPTs? Maybe. ;)

How many people do you know who have just thrown in the towel? No one. We hold on to this job like grim death…which is not far off for most of us by the way (Seinfeld).

I know of—not one but two—commuters from Ireland out of JFK. Who would live like we do? We’re crazy—every last one of us! :wacko:

All I know is we have been losing 50 people a month for the last couple years.

We lost 618 people last year and 590 the year before that.Also last month we had 48 people leave.

I guess a lot of the people that are leaving must be junior to me becuase
I did not gain 618 numbers in the latest seniority shuffle
It was more like 200

I am just going off the numbers on aafltsvc.I have no reason to make things up.
The numbers on the Flight Service website are accurate. However, if you will note the number of retirements is less than half the total attrition. The total attritition includes quit, died, retired, and got fired.

One of the reasons that your seniority number didn't drop that much is that quite a few of the retirements were former TW flight attendants who were forced by the company to come back and endure the 5 weeks of training in order to get 1 day on the payroll and be eligible to retire. I might add, this was at the company's expense--hotel and meals--during the training. They could have given those people a 1 day office assignment, or a paid"report for recall" meeting, and saved a lot of money.

The retirement list does not tell the whole story because not everyone who retired is on that list. When you retire or resign, the company must have your permission to publish that information. Not everyone wants it known that they have retired.

I am just going off the numbers on aafltsvc.I have no reason to make things up.
Of course. But have you seen any change in your schedule much? We’ve been stagnant for a long time.

Also, what do you think of the newly proposed reserve block idea? How do you think that will all work out? I don’t like reserve until you’re of arrangement that some airlines have. It’s just hell and no one should have to live that way. :( I thought that the 1 on 3 off was a reasonable plan for both junior and senior flight attendants.

The numbers on the Flight Service website are accurate. However, if you will note the number of retirements is less than half the total attrition. The total attritition includes quit, died, retired, and got fired.

One of the reasons that your seniority number didn't drop that much is that quite a few of the retirements were former TW flight attendants who were forced by the company to come back and endure the 5 weeks of training in order to get 1 day on the payroll and be eligible to retire. I might add, this was at the company's expense--hotel and meals--during the training. They could have given those people a 1 day office assignment, or a paid"report for recall" meeting, and saved a lot of money.”
Crazy. :wacko:

The retirement list does not tell the whole story because not everyone who retired is on that list. When you retire or resign, the company must have your permission to publish that information. Not everyone wants it known that they have retired.

I don’t know if anyone knows what to expect from here on out. Will they get their terms? How will it change our work lives? Do you know of any airlines that do this new reserve block thing? Does it work well?

Of course. But have you seen any change in your schedule much? We’ve been stagnant for a long time.

Also, what do you think of the newly proposed reserve block idea? How do you think that will all work out? I don’t like reserve until you’re of arrangement that some airlines have. It’s just hell and no one should have to live that way. :( I thought that the 1 on 3 off was a reasonable plan for both junior and senior flight attendants.
I think going to a reserve block is better for the junior people.I don't think the company cares what people like or don't like all the care about is what is more productive.If you fly high time what the company wants won't hurt that bad.But if you drop all you trips you life could change a lot.Some people could go from flying international and dropping there trips,to flying 95hrs domestic.It could also get harder to drop trips since the people who pickup trips will already have more hrs on there schedule,also I'm not sure if you will be able to trade or drop your reserve days.

Back