Voting for new PHL oficers this month

flygirl74

Senior
Nov 13, 2004
We will be voting for new officers this month in PHL. Whether you are a blockholder or reserve, we are all have been dissatisied with our representation. Everyone has a strong opinion at work/riding the jumpseat...but come voting time no one votes.
I was wondering how we can get more voting out there.
I was thinking about having whomever sitting OPR to have a laptop handy and get f/a's to electronically vote. I'm bored doing OPR so I might as well do something. Does anyonw know if we have WiFi in the crewroom??

We will be voting for new officers this month in PHL. Whether you are a blockholder or reserve, we are all have been dissatisied with our representation. Everyone has a strong opinion at work/riding the jumpseat...but come voting time no one votes.
I was wondering how we can get more voting out there.
I was thinking about having whomever sitting OPR to have a laptop handy and get f/a's to electronically vote. I'm bored doing OPR so I might as well do something. Does anyonw know if we have WiFi in the crewroom??

There is WiFi throughout the entire PHL airport and I know BOS has it too. But in PHL it is only free in the food court between B&C, otherwise you have to pay for it.

There is WiFi throughout the entire PHL airport and I know BOS has it too. But in PHL it is only free in the food court between B&C, otherwise you have to pay for it.
That is supposed to change, so that it is free on all concourses. Not sure of the date yet.

I personally would like there to be paper balloting. That way there is a definite paper trail. I also know that everyone needs to vote and there needs to be unity again. That is why I will vote for Celine DeLuca for PHL LEC President!!! I am thrilled that we actually have someone running who cares about all flight attendant issues!!! Someone running who actually has morals and values!!!!

The nominations just closed out today and won't be counted for 8 more days. Things will get very interesting.

Regardless of who runs, or who any individual supports -- every PHL F/A needs to vote for the candidate that they believe will do the best job for the PHL flight attendants. Nobody should win with only a few hundred votes.

Regardless of who runs, or who any individual supports -- every PHL F/A needs to vote for the candidate that they believe will do the best job for the PHL flight attendants. Nobody should win with only a few hundred votes.

Yes, everyone does need to vote!!!

Uh, I just did two back to back one days, and none of the FA's on both trips knew there was even a vote coming up, and then non of them cared. At all. :blink: Yikes.....

That is why everyone needs to spread the word and make it where flight attendants are aware of the elections.

Why isn't AFA making the employees aware. They want the dues! ! !

Didn't they do a mass mailing with nomination cards to the FAs address of record?

Information is on the union PHL web site.

It is mentioned in e-lines.

Could they do more? Probably, but you just can't make people care enough to get involved and take some responsibility for keeping up-to-date on union business.

Latest posts

Back