Flight Attendants!

WHAT??? How does that pertain to infants being in a car seat?? NO, you can't smoke, not permitted to carry a gun!! If you care about your child, instead of taking the cheap road of things, buy another seat and put in a car seat! This is another FAA mistake.

But you just said the rules of the highway should apply, and those are the rules. Infants must be in a car seat, and I can smoke and carry a gun in the car.

But you just said the rules of the highway should apply, and those are the rules. Infants must be in a car seat, and I can smoke and carry a gun in the car.
Okay, I get it. I was pertaining to an infant only, and be in a car seat on the aircraft. You already know smoking and guns will never happen again! Stop twisting things that already exist. :rolleyes:

That is a class act. Military should have an upgrade automatically in our system.

sky high states: I disagree. Some airlines have upgraded these soldiers, only to regret it. They've misbehaved in first class. Drank too much and became belligerent.

EMPLOYEES should have an automatic UPGRADE! :up: Anyone remember flying Eastern? They treated their non-rev employees to first class. Heck, everyone's given up enough concessions to get this benefit, we should HAVE IT.

ONLY STATING OPINIONS

Here's the kicker, the man with the aisle seat would NOT move (they were down to 5 of 6 seats occupied by the happy family). After begging and pleading the man still refused to get out of the seat.

sky high states: And, this is why it's become an issue with some flight attendants. All the flights are FULL and some people will NOT move nowadays.
LOL, easy solution. Place the smallest, loudest kid NEXT to that man.

ONLY stating opinions

OK Sky,

I'm gonna argue with just because I'm in a pissy mood and because I enjoy your perspective. :up:

As a CP I travel a great deal. Big Deal, So what? When you travel for your job so MANY things end up out of your control. Flights, Hotels, Rental Cars, Bad meals all factor into the business travel experience. With so many variables literally flying around me, controlling the little things starts to get blown out of proportion in the overall scheme of things in life. The Seat you picked at time of reservation being one of them. Look at it from my perspective. On an eight segment itinerary, My OLCI didn't work, late out of PHL, delay on the connecting flight. Bag lost on the midweek flight, misconnect and reroute, etc etc etc. Now it's time to come home and my upgade to F didn't happen because my flight got CNX'ed. So I pick an exit row aisle seat.

SORRY but I ain't moving for Ma & Pa Kettle and the rest of the Kettle clan. It's not my issue that they aren't seated together. It's damn funny when I take folks on vacation with me we all sit together. It's called PLANNING!!!!!!! Takes an extra minute with reservations, so pardon me I don't f'ing wanna hear it. What's that old saying "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"

So many times I have had people who purchase cheap tickets from a discount website. When they do that, they are never booked together and they come on in a fuss wanting me to move everyone around to accomodate them. They don't care that your company paid full fair for your ticket. I do. Having a husband who is also a CP on my airline, I know what his company pays for him to fly, sometimes on short notice. I don't blame you for not moving. Point is, people need to plan ahead if they are traveling with 4 kids to disney, not book flight a few weeks out on a discount website to get the cheapest price. That is if they expect to sit together. If they can be separated from the person they probably argued with all the way to the airport for a 2 hour flight, then so be it. But if they want to sit together, book at least 4 months out and get your choice of seats.

OK Sky,

I pick an exit row aisle seat.

SORRY but I ain't moving for Ma & Pa Kettle and the rest of the Kettle clan.

Fortunately in this scenario the odds of being moved from an exit row seat are practically nil. Thanks to the FAR that prohibits anyone from sitting in those seats if they are under 15 years of age. If Ma and Pa and the little Kettles need to be reseated this would surely not involve anyone sitting in an exit row. :up:

<SNIP> It's pretty embarrassing that an 80 year old airline can't get it's act together to smoothly board a freaking 737.
I thought this airline was 26 years old.

<SNIP> sky high states: I disagree. Some airlines have upgraded these soldiers, only to regret it. They've misbehaved in first class. Drank too much and became belligerent.
Oh come on. The only time I’ve seen that happen was with a low level desk jockey out of DCA.

I have never had a problem that wasn't resolved quickly when seating parents with children. First, I tell the parents to ask the people around them. Then if they need my help, I ask for volunteers and somebody always moves.

I will not ask people to move so that couples can sit together. I will not ask people to move if one parent is seperated from the family. I will not ask people to move if the children are seated with at least 1 parent.

I was flying coach, and the gate agent was asking pax to change seats to accommodate a family of 6 who wanted whole row A - F. Finally, the gate agent said she gives up and passes the buck to the f/as. They sigh, noting we are now 10 mins behind our push time.
Even if the gate agent had managed to get someone to switch, do you have any idea how many "control this" "F that"entries and how long it takes yo do six seat changes in "QIK"?!? :shock: (A very quick -not QIK- and easy transaction in Sabre, not that it matters)

You people complaining about switching seats for a family to sit together are being just as idiotic as the people demanding a whole continguous row.

Rather than assume they bought all those tickets at the last minute (on US? unlikely unless you're rich), don't you think that maybe they misconnected? News flash, it happens often on every airline,

Very good point!

The third party booking site are also a leading cause of the problem; not only do they not assign seats, they often do not include a phone number in the PNR so the airline is unable to reach the customer in the event of a cancelled flight; (they don't all happen at the last minute.

You're right, seperate seats are not always fixable, but if u cant fix it, so be it! They'll sit, or they'll take the next flight, I suppose! When the flight is full, I am not sure what you would want the agent to do to get seats together?? Call 15 peoplle up by name to the podium and rearrange them? :blink:

Actually in Sabre I would add them to the PALL list as an oversale - when on another leg - (even though I checked them in) and add an RM field "C Comnts" or something similar, as well as contact the downline gates, so the agent working the flight will see he has "OS4" with seat assignments and hopefully see the comments and move people. I've personally juggled seats as a gate agent trying to get people together -- and trained my staff to do the same.

A good gate agent will catch a seat dupe before letting them down the jetway if they have the proper tools to do their job. I've caught a few in my time, because I had Sabre and a good check/balance system.

SORRY but I ain't moving for Ma & Pa Kettle and the rest of the Kettle clan. It's not my issue that they aren't seated together. It's damn funny when I take folks on vacation with me we all sit together. It's called PLANNING!!!!!!!

sky high states: Trust me, I wouldnt ask anyone to give up an emergency exit row. My response to someone trying to finagle their way into that extra leg room is, "Do you have cash?"
...but parents who are separated from their children is a COMPASSION thing. I look around to see who is COMPASSIONATE enough to HELP US OUT. A three year old shouldnt be separated by 10 rows from his/her parents. The reason WHY THEY DIDNT GET SEATS IN ADVANCE is now immaterial.
I had a business man take a dreaded CENTER SEAT for me recently. I thanked him profusely. Offered him an adult beverage, and <gasp>.....while the meal service was over, noticed left over sandwiches and tossed one on his tray table. He said, "this isnt necessary." I said, "Ohhh, yes it is. I'm rewarding your kindness."

only stating opinions

WOW the debate about seating issues continutes ITESTWELL. Hmmm I guess I'm not the only one that feels the way I do. Better start pickin or cough (debating) with THEM as well. :rolleyes:

WOW the debate about seating issues continutes ITESTWELL. Hmmm I guess I'm not the only one that feels the way I do. Better start pickin or cough (debating) with THEM as well. :rolleyes:
Wow, you are wounded. Pickin on you? I'm an adult, and when I disagree with you (which I normally do, moreso than others on here), I will respond to you. Ignore me if it makes you feel like crying. Your beginning to bore me with your whining. I dont know who you are and dont care who you are. So, again, ignore me. And move on.

The whole putting a family of 6 together is a bit much, and I have never seen that or been asked to do that. I maintain, I will try to seat families together, if at all possible, as it is MY JOB once they are onboard a full flight, not the agents. As I have stated, if it happens, it happens. If not, I tried....

And the statement SKYHIGH made regarding drunk servicemen in F? Please. Never, ever seen this, and I have upgraded countless servicemen with pleasure. In fact, I have seen US1's trade their seats in F to let servicemen sit in them. Very cool. If you were on your way to Iraq for 1.5 years, you would want a few beers as well. Drink up boys, and come home safely. We appreciate the work you do, regardless of our position on the war.

Wow, you are wounded. Picking on you? I'm an adult, and when I disagree with you (which I normally do, more so than others on here), I will respond to you. Ignore me if it makes you feel like crying. Your beginning to bore me with your whining. I don't know who you are and don't care who you are. So, again, ignore me. And move on.

:rolleyes: Wounded and picked on? Not quite but you do seem to have something to say about everything I write YET you don't say much to others who are saying the very same thing. You are nothing more than a pain in the rear. I take what you say for exactly what it is, a flight attendant who still thinks they are top notch yet is pretty ho hum and has a lackluster attitude toward just about ANY topic posted here. You never experience what many do on here whether it be bags, catering, service, passengers or whatever. You should fly more really. How often do you fly in a month? As for ignoring me I think I have asked you to do THAT very thing quite a few times. Why don't you do just that. You say I rant....you have NOTHING to say. You debate with me yet you pick apart what I write and bring NOTHING to the "debate". You are pointless and have NO CONCEPT of what it's like being a flight attendant that works what seems daily. Again, how often do you work? Never mind, don't respond to that. Let's just leave it at that. Thanks for all the debate. Whew, like I said a few posts back, Lexapro buddy. :rolleyes:

Never, ever seen this, and I have upgraded countless servicemen with pleasure. In fact, I have seen US1's trade their seats in F to let servicemen sit in them. Very cool. If you were on your way to Iraq for 1.5 years, you would want a few beers as well. Drink up boys, and come home safely. We appreciate the work you do, regardless of our position on the war.

sky high states: I tried a web search for the article I read about the incident on Delta several years ago. Couldnt find it, but found this one: http://marinecorpsmoms.com/archives/000302.html

:up: Shows how important "seating issues" can be to "anyone".

As far as this topic goes, Internet etiquette should pertain here......attack the post, NOT the poster. Opinions can get heated, and we've all been guilty, but this is just a "REMINDER".

only stating opinions

Latest posts