Flight Attendants!

Wow, you are wounded. Picking on you? I'm an adult, and when I disagree with you (which I normally do, more so than others on here), I will respond to you. Ignore me if it makes you feel like crying. Your beginning to bore me with your whining. I don't know who you are and don't care who you are. So, again, ignore me. And move on.
:rolleyes: Wounded and picked on? Not quite but you do seem to have something to say about everything I write YET you don't say much to others who are saying the very same thing. You are nothing more than a pain in the rear. I take what you say for exactly what it is, a flight attendant who still thinks they are top notch yet is pretty ho hum and has a lackluster attitude toward just about ANY topic posted here. You never experience what many do on here whether it be bags, catering, service, passengers or whatever. You should fly more really. How often do you fly in a month? As for ignoring me I think I have asked you to do THAT very thing quite a few times. Why don't you do just that. You say I rant....you have NOTHING to say. You debate with me yet you pick apart what I write and bring NOTHING to the "debate". You are pointless and have NO CONCEPT of what it's like being a flight attendant that works what seems daily. Again, how often do you work? Never mind, don't respond to that. Let's just leave it at that. Thanks for all the debate. Whew, like I said a few posts back, Lexapro buddy. :rolleyes:
First off, sorry if you find me so offensive, I am sorry that I come across as always picking on you. Not the case. I take issue with many of your rants, and I choose to disagree with you. That's what this board is all about, no? It was never personal, as I could not pick you out of a lineup. I am far from "lackluster" and "ho hum". I do my job quite well, thank you.

I do experience problems with catering, customer service, and passengers, yet I refuse to agree that it is "rampant" and on every flight. That simply is not true.

Not that it is any of your business, or that it should make a difference, I fly enough to know that the bleak, horrid, hate filled environment you try to convince us you work in is not every flight, every agent, every caterer, every day.

Again, I am trying to tell you that some of us can still get through a four day without having to self medicate. Lower your blood pressure, ignore me.

Again, I am trying to tell you that some of us can still get through a four day without having to self medicate. Lower your blood pressure, ignore me.

sky high states: Speaking of self medicate.......I used to pass this out to frequent flyers who ordered a beer: http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/14/14625ngnyolb5zq.gif

I used to say, "if this makes sense then you're cut off". They used to laugh, and laugh.

only stating opinions

I think you should give the agent some of your meds......

:mf_boff:

So, if we are not getting paid until the door closes, why are we hanging jackets? Offering pre departure bevs? Making announcements? Shutting overheads? While I agree we should be paid for this, if we are not going to rearrange seating because we are not getting paid, we should cease all boarding actions, including saying hello and goodbye!

You're right, seperate seats are not always fixable, but if u cant fix it, so be it! They'll sit, or they'll take the next flight, I suppose! When the flight is full, I am not sure what you would want the agent to do to get seats together?? Call 15 peoplle up by name to the podium and rearrange them? :blink:

Flight attendants will usually help accomidate a family with children. I always tell pax that I will assure that there is at least ONE adult with the children, but cannot guarantee that both adults will be together...

As for ADULTS wanting to sit together...that is THEIR problem. We are NOT babysitters. If you want to sit with your friend, wife, lover, whatever.....YOU are an adult and can ask if someone will switch you seats.

That may seem rude, but we have way too much going on at boarding time to worry about something like that.

Ok can we move past the seating issues now? Bottom line here is that we all need to do our OWN job and nothing more. I don't start my day with trying to p!ss off passengers or make their travels miserable. Our GREAT management team is doing that all on their own quite well. No need for my help. I'll go above and beyond for a passenger to make them as comfortable as possible and feel welcome as long as it's in my realm. The SHARES mess and all the debacles in the terminal need to stay there. We as flight attendants for the most part STILL try to show some kind of normalcy once on board. It's hard but we do it. THAT'S why we're the greatest.

Ok can we move past the seating issues now?

sky high states: Next issue? Everyone see that the WEST AFA WEBSITE needs help:

100 Additional VOICE Committee members

Many Flight Attendants have inquired as to how they can help support the negotiations process and how they can get more involved in our fight to secure the best possible contract. Here’s the answer! August and September have been designated as VOICE Committee Recruitment Months. The Voice Committee (Volunteer Organizers for Information Communication and Education) is seeking 100 additional members to join the growing ranks of committee members during this recruitment drive.

VOICE Committee members will be provided training in mobilization and communication techniques and will act as an information conduit for flight attendants and the negotiations committee.

Voice Committee Page
http://www.afa66.org/voice.htm

only stating opinions