This Afa Member Just Voted No

goodstew

Sep 23, 2003
Balloting has begun and this AFA member voted NO!

I appreciate all the hard work that the NC put into developing this TA but I read what was offered and am excercising my right to say enough is enough. I am still waiting for parts of the previous two givebacks to be implemented. I am still waiting for preferential bidding...wasn't convenient for the company to develop although it was plenty convenient for me to start my 16th year on reserve under new draconian LTO system and increased disciplinary measures that makes me an indentured servant all month. In PHW this month there is 21% of all flying in open time....how about some more blocks?

I am not willing to live under all the little erosions of quality of life contained in the new TA...think about cleaning planes on all your turns. Vacation slashed and sick time curtailed. Any trip touching sat or sun - guess what? You are working sat and sun...so much for seniority. No contributions to retirement plan for 3 years and lets just see how long it takes to work out a electronic trip trade board...my prediction? not gonna happen.
For those of you voting YES because of the buy out...two thoughts...1) read the wording carefully....company lets out only as many as they want, when they want. You may not ever be offered one and if you look closely, company only has to offer this if condition 'f' applies...2) how much of what the company has promised you for your yes votes in the past have they lived up to?

If it means the company goes under because a group of F/A's won't play nice then so be it. I have made my peace. If all it takes is a couple flight attendants break this once thriving and proud organization, it has deeper problems than we can repair.

I just voted NO - What have you gotten for your previous two YES votes?

I can assure you that he/she has a lot more talent than McDonalds. But your contempt for flight attendants is showing Twoturnin.

Goodstew:

All required work has been completed to implement Pref Bid such as automating US Airways' contracts into the software and the vendor has been selected. The hang up: To implement the program the company must spend $3 million, which it does not have due to the bankruptcy.

Here's a thought for you: If the TA is rejected the bankruptcy court has scheduled a hearing for January 5 where the AFA can argue against the cuts and US Airways can provide a last, best offer worse than the TA. Then Judge Mitchell plans to rule January 6 on US Airways' earlier request to terminate labor contracts and retirees' benefits. What do you think will happen of this occurs?

The United ALPA MEC made the same conclusion as the US Airways AFA MEC. In regard to United, Air Transport World reported "We were faced with a tough choice: Negotiate with the company to reach a consensual agreement that would inevitably involve further concessions, or proceed in the bankruptcy court where we faced a dangerous risk of an imposed, and totally unacceptable, outcome," union head Mark Bathurst said. "The Master Executive Council, following careful study and analysis, determined that the responsible approach to protect our careers is to enter into a consensual agreement with the company."

USA320Pilot comments: A TA rejection will make matters worse for the F/A's and could contribute to a much worse result for you and your colleagues.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Goodstew:

All required work has been completed to implement Pref Bid such as automating US Airways' contracts into the software and the vendor has been selected. The hang up: To implement the program the company must spend $3 million, which it does not have due to the bankruptcy.

[post="230427"][/post]​

I know where the company can get $4.5 mil... cancel Siegel's exit package! Of course that's not gonna happen, but the company has this option.

Regards,
DCAflyer

goodstew said:
Balloting has begun and this AFA member voted NO!

I appreciate all the hard work that the NC put into developing this TA but I read what was offered and am excercising my right to say enough is enough. I am still waiting for parts of the previous two givebacks to be implemented. I am still waiting for preferential bidding...wasn't convenient for the company to develop although it was plenty convenient for me to start my 16th year on reserve under new draconian LTO system and increased disciplinary measures that makes me an indentured servant all month. In PHW this month there is 21% of all flying in open time....how about some more blocks?

I am not willing to live under all the little erosions of quality of life contained in the new TA...think about cleaning planes on all your turns. Vacation slashed and sick time curtailed. Any trip touching sat or sun - guess what? You are working sat and sun...so much for seniority. No contributions to retirement plan for 3 years and lets just see how long it takes to work out a electronic trip trade board...my prediction? not gonna happen.
For those of you voting YES because of the buy out...two thoughts...1) read the wording carefully....company lets out only as many as they want, when they want. You may not ever be offered one and if you look closely, company only has to offer this if condition 'f' applies...2) how much of what the company has promised you for your yes votes in the past have they lived up to?

If it means the company goes under because a group of F/A's won't play nice then so be it. I have made my peace. If all it takes is a couple flight attendants break this once thriving and proud organization, it has deeper problems than we can repair.

I just voted NO - What have you gotten for your previous two YES votes?
[post="230419"][/post]​

Goodstew, I don't at all disagree with your analysis, but I do belive that a yes vote is the most responsible one. I would have preferred that AFA insisted in the TA that all outstanding issues on the company's plate be addressed before implementation of the new Agreement, for instance, the Company has still not bothered to print the MAA contract which was decided in July. But there is no doubt that AFA negotiated the best TA under the circumstances, and we will be much worse off if the Bankruptcy court were to abrogate our contract.

-DCAflyer

DCAflyer said:
I know where the company can get $4.5 mil... cancel Siegel's exit package! Of course that's not gonna happen, but the company has this option.

Regards,
DCAflyer

[post="230438"][/post]​

This regime in CCY has proven itself time and again that it honors only the contracts it wants to honor. Those in power always take care of themselves. It must be an unwritten law someplace. That is one reason most employees never believe a word out of the mouths of the group of cornnies there. They can not be trusted to EVER do "the right thing".

goodstew, I must say that I agree with you. I think that if you read between the lines of the new "TA" you get some idea of the "truth". I, too, will vote NO! Take Care.....