Web Site Flight Status--AC type Blank

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
I have noticed over the past few days that when checking on flight status for my flights, the Aircraft Type fields have been left blank. Is this a technical glitch, or are we making last minute type changes again?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Doesn't matter much anyhow - when I checked a U flight a couple of years ago, the flight was an F100 - which displayed as a single engine fighter jet.

It seems that the Express flights do not have the aircraft type appear in the FLIFO feature on the web. I would venture to guess the company did not want to pay SABRE the extra money to include this programming.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/10/2003 4:00:49 PM dash8ter wrote:

It seems that the Express flights do not have the aircraft type appear in the FLIFO feature on the web. I would venture to guess the company did not want to pay SABRE the extra money to include this programming.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Actually, it is not showing aircraft types for main line either--which prompted my comment and question...

Sometimes when it's an A321 it will be blank or say Airbus Family Aircraft. If it's a Boeing, that means that it is a multi-segment flight with a change of aircraft type somewhere.

Lots of last minute changes. I've had RDU-DCA Express flights go from Dash-8's to CRJ's and then back to Dash 8's again.

Of course, every time they change flight numbers they drop my seat assignments.

The reason for the Dash on the RDU-DCA is because Midway did not receive their next delivery on a CRJ in time so Piedmont is doing the 4 RT's a day between RDU-DCA from Feb 9th until March 9th.

On another note, our schedule bids are late due to the fact that mainline is making so many last minute changes to the schedule that the company couldn't put together a bid package in time.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/10/2003 11:45:08 AM Art at ISP wrote:

I have noticed over the past few days that when checking on flight status for my flights, the Aircraft Type fields have been left blank. Is this a technical glitch, or are we making last minute type changes again?

----------------
[/blockquote]
-------------------------------------------

You vill fly vat ve vish you to fly, vhen ve vish you to fly, and vhere ve vish you to fly.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/11/2003 12:06:17 PM diogenes wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/10/2003 11:45:08 AM Art at ISP wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]
-------------------------------------------

You vill fly vat ve vish you to fly, vhen ve vish you to fly, and vhere ve vish you to fly.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Verrrryyyyy interrresting.....vee shall see!!!

Keep up the great work, U!