Welcome Hp To The Us Airways Family

OTslave

Advanced
May 24, 2005
I'm a US employee.

After having been through the demise of Eastern Airlines, the transition to the Trump Shuttle, the mergers of US Air, Piedmont and PSA; let's just say that it's never an easy thing.

However in this case, I think things will be different. For one thing, the morons at Crystal City will be gone. The morons who were never very successful at hiring professionals to blend the employee groups from USAir, Piedmont and PSA; and consequently years after those mergers, there is no defined corporate culture that ever came out of Crystal City. Tempe we're rooting for you. Go Parker !!

Lakefield was left holding the bag by his predecessors who never had a Plan B.

I for one, think that just cause the name is US Airways, some things from AWA should remain. Keep the call-sign "Cactus" incorporate the green colors from the fuselage into a new paint-scheme.

Make both employee groups feel they belong.

OTslave said:
I'm a US employee.

After having been through the demise of Eastern Airlines, the transition to the Trump Shuttle, the mergers of US Air, Piedmont and PSA; let's just say that it's never an easy thing.

However in this case, I think things will be different. For one thing, the morons at Crystal City will be gone. The morons who were never very successful at hiring professionals to blend the employee groups from USAir, Piedmont and PSA; and consequently years after those mergers, there is no defined corporate culture that ever came out of Crystal City. Tempe we're rooting for you. Go Parker !!

I for one, think that just cause the name is US Airways, some things from AWA should remain. Keep the call-sign "Cactus" incorporate the green colors from the fuselage into a new paint-scheme.

[post="273133"][/post]​

Flame bait.

Anybody who has been following these boards the last few days knows how touchy a subject the HP-US acquisition is, and how sensitive the issue of who is "welcoming" whom.

OTslave said:
I'm a US employee.

[post="273133"][/post]​

Isn't HP the Take-over-er and U the Take-over-ee?

StraaightTaalk said:
Flame bait.

Anybody who has been following these boards the last few days knows how touchy a subject the HP-US acquisition is, and how sensitive the issue of who is "welcoming" whom.
[post="273137"][/post]​

Hey brother I was just trying to be nice.

Not trying to establish supremacy.

I was not commenting on who's taking over who.

But if that's the attitude, then I guess it'll be as successful as the previous mergers

StraaightTaalk said:
Flame bait.

[post="273137"][/post]​

Um, it's only a sensitive topic for employees of other AAirlines...?

Flame bait.

Well, I guess it got you!

You AA folks just don't want to admit that you AActually care, do you?

StraaightTaalk said:
Flame bait.

[post="273137"][/post]​

Actually it only seems a sensitive subject for a certain UAL pilot and a couple of other aairline people. All of the US/HP interaction I've seen has been cordial and friendly. To all the US/HP people out there, just remember that there are those out there who want us to fail and will do anything within their power to see that that happens including stirring the pot, lying and ?
Looking forward to (finally) working for someone who wants to actually run an airline.

USAir757 said:
Well, I guess it got you! 

You AA folks just don't want to admit that you AActually care, do you?
[post="273223"][/post]​
I apologize for Straaight Taalk. Ttrust me he in know way represents any of us at AA. We wish you all the best and hope the transition is smoother and a little more friendly than the AA TWA merger take over buy out what ever we called it.

Has anyone heard what the new paint scheme will be. I am curious to see what it will look like.

Back to Straight Taalk. He has nothing nice to say on any board. He is only happy when trying to flame and make others miserable.

operaations said:
I apologize for Straaight Taalk. Ttrust me he in know way represents any of us at AA. We wish you all the best and hope the transition is smoother and a little more friendly than the AA TWA merger take over buy out what ever we called it.

Has anyone heard what the new paint scheme will be. I am curious to see what it will look like.

Back to Straight Taalk. He has nothing nice to say on any board. He is only happy when trying to flame and make others miserable.
[post="273245"][/post]​

A friendly AA employee? Are you a unicorn? :shock: Just kidding... thank you for your good wishes.

No news on paint scheme, apparently it's the Blue Shamu for now.

I for one will be happy happy happy to see U stay in business---under whichever airline--and I am very very proud to be an HP employee. Doug Parker and Joe Beery --one of the VP's ---are tops in our books. You will all be happy to have a really great CEO and a great team to work for. Our managers are terrific and our supervisors are the best. I can't say enough about them. Many of you know me and I guess in the past I was known to complain about a few things---who didn't---but I can tell you now, I am extremely happy and glad that my former fellow employees will have the chance to enjoy their job as I do.

drifterreno said:
I for one will be happy happy happy to see U stay in business---under whichever airline--and I am very very proud to be an HP employee. Doug Parker and Joe Beery --one of the VP's ---are tops in our books. You will all be happy to have a really great CEO and a great team to work for. Our managers are terrific and our supervisors are the best. I can't say enough about them. Many of you know me and I guess in the past I was known to complain about a few things---who didn't---but I can tell you now, I am extremely happy and glad that my former fellow employees will have the chance to enjoy their job as I do.
[post="273507"][/post]​

As I see it, the employees of AWA/US have two choices...Prove the critics right or prove them wrong. It appears that Doug Parker has put alot of thought and planning into the merger....unlike US Airways when they bought Piedmont to fend off getting bought out themselves by then TWA. The buying of Piedmont was reactionary. This marriage has been a year in the planning. PLEASE NOTE THE DIFFERENCE.

I challenge my coworkers at both AWA and US to work together to prove the pundents wrong.

Thank you D,

I look forward to working with you too!

drifterreno said:
[post="273507"][/post]​

i can tell you that everyone I have seen with HP and U is nothing but positive. Everyday employees from both groups are going over and talking to each other and laughing and having a good time.

Like we are really going to have a say in what happenes to us in the end. Union or no union, most of us are so low on the todem pole that if you keep freaking out the only thing you are guarenteed to get is an ulcer! :lol:

This is good for everyone....if you don't like it, go home. Welcome all.

First amendment: that is dead on. reactionary. hopefully ALL employees will work REAL hard to put the nAAy sAAyers awAAy.

:lol:

i too am a US employee and more excited than ever for a bright (ok..at least not so bleak) future. Go HP! We are counting on you to do the right things.

Latest posts