Welcome SLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkpatrick

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Long Island, NY
Now that the October bid sheets are online, let me be the first to welcome AA''s newest FA base, SLT, to the club. SLT is of course the AA base created alongside the LLC base, STL. 23 FA''s have completed week two of the three week program and will go on the line Sept 23rd.
The new base has six bid lines on the MD80 (sorry, guys, it may take me a decade or two to start saying sooper 80) averaging ten days of flying each. The lines consist of very efficient, but grueling, 2 day trips worthy 12:30 to 14:27. Six (count ''em, six) reserves will fight over 5 reserve lines and there are 4 availability lines. The new HIBOARD should prove to be an exciting place, although with only 16 people holding everyone should know everyone''s phone number anyway.
The new minibase won''t grow until AA resumes training, rumored to be this spring. We''ll see what develops.
MK

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/14/2002 8:45:24 PM kirkpatrick wrote:

Now that the October bid sheets are online, let me be the first to welcome AA's newest FA base, SLT, to the club. SLT is of course the AA base created alongside the LLC base, STL. 23 FA's have completed week two of the three week program and will go on the line Sept 23rd.

The new base has six bid lines on the MD80 (sorry, guys, it may take me a decade or two to start saying "sooper 80") averaging ten days of flying each. The lines consist of very efficient, but grueling, 2 day trips worthy 12:30 to 14:27. Six (count 'em, six) reserves will fight over 5 reserve lines and there are 4 availability lines. The new HIBOARD should prove to be an exciting place, although with only 16 people holding everyone should know everyone's phone number anyway.

The new minibase won't grow until AA resumes training, rumored to be this spring. We'll see what develops.

MK
----------------
[/blockquote]
does the online bidsheets look different from the physical bidsheet? I'm asking because the online bidsheet shows 5 reserve lines, 2 PT A reserve lines, 2 PT B reserve lines, 5 reserve FAs, 5 backup reserve FAs, 6 MD80 lines, 1 MD80 open line, and NO availability line.

if you take a count, it actually shows more lines available than physical count of 23 FAs.
6 MD80 lines = 18 FAs
the 5 backup reserves will not be on reserve
5 Reserves for the reserve lines.

total = 23 FAs.

what happens to the PT A & PT B reserve lines (total of 2 each) and that open MD80 line?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/15/2002 4:23:55 AM xsqueezeme wrote:

if you take a count, it actually shows more lines available than physical count of 23 FAs.
6 MD80 lines = 18 FAs
the 5 backup reserves will not be on reserve
5 Reserves for the reserve lines.

total = 23 FAs.

what happens to the PT A & PT B reserve lines (total of 2 each) and that open MD80 line?
----------------
[/blockquote]

I wrote that post based on info given to me by a friend who is one of the new trainees. Closer examination of the cover letter of the bid sheet shows your numbers are probably more accurate. In a few days we'll know more.

I don't know if AA or anyone else has ever operated such a small base. It'll be interesting to see how it functions.

If the company resumes training this spring with MD80 conversions, I may proffer myself this summer. With 2 small children and my wife working, being away for 3 weeks will be a major problem. If I can train in the summer when my wife is off (she's a teacher) it may work out best for me.

MK

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/14/2002 11:19:10 PM FA Mikey wrote:

Was the proffer senior or more junior. The bid lines sound great.
----------------
[/blockquote]

I'm waiting for a friend to fax me a list. AA seems overly secretive about releasing this information. My friend, who's one of the 23, has 1977 seniority and is one above the halfway mark, which is considerably better than his position at STL.

MK

There are currently no plans for any additional training until aircraft conversions start in the spring. The word is that APFA is holding out on some minor point and no one will say what that point is.

In the meantime, IOR has flights that go ORD-STL-HNL-ORD and ORD-HNL-STL-ORD and IDF has the same pattern with OGG. This helps keep down the overage on the AA side and provides choice international widebody trips for AA people.

Oops, I forgot - we've contributed nothing to AA.

MK

Just my .02 worth, but I finished up EPT's today at The Learning Center, or as it's now known..good ol' FU (Flagship University), and a buddy of mine ran into a friend of his from TWA that is going through the AA training. We talked with him for a few moments and he said all was going great and that he was about number 16 out of their group with a seniority date of 1977...the most junior had a seniority date of 1979. He was glad to be almost finished although he did say that they received some grief from f/a's in STL who did not want them to take this proffer thus causing the seniority lists to merge.

Tim

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/15/2002 9:39:57 PM Corinth2103 wrote:

and a buddy of mine ran into a friend of his from TWA that is going through the AA training. We talked with him for a few moments and he said all was going great and that he was about number 16 out of their group with a seniority date of 1977...
[/blockquote]
That would be K. F. He introduced me and my wife and I named my son after him!

[blockquote]
he did say that they received some grief from f/a's in STL who did not want them to take this proffer thus causing the seniority lists to merge.
[/blockquote]

There are a couple of people who actually believe the new trainees triggered the seniority merge and should be treated like scabs. They also believe if no one had proffered the company would have had to draft from the bottom, then furlough them, then go through the whole procedure again, thus delaying the training.

I say they would have gotten their class no matter what.

MK

MK you are 100% correct. The minute the proffer closed the company would have notified the 23 most junior people to report for training. Works just llike any other EQ. proffer. Did they not do it that way at TW? IS that why some people think that way?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/16/2002 7:57:18 AM FA Mikey wrote:

MK you are 100% correct. The minute the proffer closed the company would have notified the 23 most junior people to report for training. Works just llike any other EQ. proffer. Did they not do it that way at TW? IS that why some people think that way?
----------------
[/blockquote]

bettter question yet...is Sherry Cooper going to bring up another lawsuit over this proffer, something like not following the procedures TWA was use to thereby causing much distress to the STL/ISL FAs ?
2.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/15/2002 10:23:48 AM FA Mikey wrote:

MK have you heard anything true or rumor about ISL getting trained, to keep there flying there rather than at IDF and IOR?
----------------
[/blockquote]

I've answered this, but now that bids are out I'll answer it again.

Check out the IDF sequences that go through STL. DFW-STL, 15 hr layover, then STL-OGG, layover, then OGG DFW. Now count the cost of a DH leg of 1:50 at 100% pay, the cost of hotels, the expense money and other incidentals. The DFW-OGG-STL-DFW sequences don't have the STL layover but still have the DH leg and added expense money.

Wouldn't it make more sense to operate those flights with STL people?

MK

Status
Not open for further replies.