Welcome To My Nightmare!

FLYUSAIRWAYS

Advanced
Feb 21, 2004
Well folks, we are into week #3, and there are no signs of things getting any better. So far since Shares started, we have 2 senior CSA agents out with heart problems, one Supervisor out with the bug, one out with FMLA, one out on family death leave, and the list goes on. No one is swaping, or signing up for overtime. When you come to work, you know you will get no lunch or breaks. Yesterday, we only had 2 agents working the ticket counter, and over 100 people in line, waiting over 2 hours to check in. All the Dash 8's were over booked , and weight restriced. I got to work 3 dash's in the soaking rain, all at the same time alone, with no help. All had misconnects, and other problems. Station Manager is on vacation, and both shift managers are busy trying to figure out why a bag missed a flight back last August 14th, at 3PM. After that, they can't help out because they are now busy interviewing a New hire hoping to fill an early out position at 8 bucks an hour so he can also enjoy our woes. Our station is totally out of control, and I see no end in sight. The jetways are always broken down, (they are all circa 1977 Allegheny), the phones never work, the printers are pre-piedmont and never work, and the list goes on and on. Everyone in our station is ready to walk out the door. My question is? ARE WE ALONE???

Well folks, we are into week #3, and there are no signs of things getting any better. So far since Shares started, we have 2 senior CSA agents out with heart problems, one Supervisor out with the bug, one out with FMLA, one out on family death leave, and the list goes on. No one is swaping, or signing up for overtime. When you come to work, you know you will get no lunch or breaks. Yesterday, we only had 2 agents working the ticket counter, and over 100 people in line, waiting over 2 hours to check in. All the Dash 8's were over booked , and weight restriced. I got to work 3 dash's in the soaking rain, all at the same time alone, with no help. All had misconnects, and other problems. Station Manager is on vacation, and both shift managers are busy trying to figure out why a bag missed a flight back last August 14th, at 3PM. After that, they can't help out because they are now busy interviewing a New hire hoping to fill an early out position at 8 bucks an hour so he can also enjoy our woes. Our station is totally out of control, and I see no end in sight. The jetways are always broken down, (they are all circa 1977 Allegheny), the phones never work, the printers are pre-piedmont and never work, and the list goes on and on. Everyone in our station is ready to walk out the door. My question is? ARE WE ALONE???
You're not @ TYS, are you?

My question is? ARE WE ALONE???

Nope. Night shift counter after 530pm is 3 agents (when they cover the ot), 623p to DCA, 655p to CLT, 725p to PHL and 837p to LAS. After 630pm we go down to 2 agents. (We have more help bodies coming, but they are in training right now. They will be 2 of our night people out of 4 when they get back.
We have 1 agent at First, 1 at ticketing and 1 for 12 kiosks. Just hope you dont get a deal (spent over an hour tonight with INTL) and another 45 mins for the (no)help desk which didnt answer and I finally said scr*w it. Manager said he was getting more help, but havent seen any sign of it yet. The new people appear to be named TBA and UATC since they are showing up more and more frequently on the schedule.

wow that sounds horrible , but hang in there , things will get better
No, don't think so. I think we should all kill ourselves on the East. Would that get the point across? I mean, it's better than continuing on like this, right? RIGHT???

:mf_boff:

This airline is a train wreck. Embrace the fact that it will have to meltdown into a writhing heap before things get better. Then maybe Parker and Kirby will be fired and we will hopefully get a leader that will get us out of this mess. Until then... go numb. I hit the "STOP CARING" switch about 6 weeks ago and it is working wonders for my emotional well-being. When you are at work, just let your mind seperate from your body. Switch it off. Doctors and nurses switch it off or they go nuts or kill themselves.

This airline is a train wreck. Embrace the fact that it will have to meltdown into a writhing heap before things get better. Then maybe Parker and Kirby will be fired and we will hopefully get a leader that will get us out of this mess. Until then... go numb. I hit the "STOP CARING" switch about 6 weeks ago and it is working wonders for my emotional well-being. When you are at work, just let your mind seperate from your body. Switch it off. Doctors and nurses switch it off or they go nuts or kill themselves.
barbee,

You have a flair for drama. Have you considered Broadway? Or, at least Off Broadway? :lol:

yeah he DOES have a point , by now you SHOULD know how to use your "stop caring switch " ? heck i learned how to stop caring on command years ago for this company.

barbee,

You have a flair for drama. Have you considered Broadway? Or, at least Off Broadway? :lol:

Yeah, all the townsfolk here in Phoenix say I should be on the stage. They say the next one leaves in five minutes! :eye:

No, don't think so. I think we should all kill ourselves on the East. Would that get the point across? I mean, it's better than continuing on like this, right? RIGHT???

:mf_boff:

Don't give this company the pleasure of killing yourself. That is just one higher number on the spreadsheet replaced with a lower number on the spreadsheet.

Go to Arizona Republic at http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles...irways0323.html

Doug Parker and Scott Kirby need to go now!!!

Quote from article:
From reading everyone's comments below, looks like US Airways days are numbered. Especially if the employees AND customers are unhappy with the way they are treated. Hopefully it won't be a huge hit to our ecomonmy because some drunk can't get it together.

The "stop caring" switch is as contagious as a winter flu, I am down with it, too. It is a shame and we have our pathetic superiors to blame. Superior to what...I don't know.

I'll have to second that hitting the "STOP CARING" switch does wonders. It is painfully clear that Parker and Kirby don't care so why should we? And before someone gets on here and posts about the $100.00 hat trick check we're all getting for the res migration. Save it. While it's nice to have the money I venture to say that those dealing with this debacle first hand would give it back just to have the tools to do their job...not to mention some of their sanity back. Besides, it's going to take a hell of a lot more than $100.00 to make me "care" about this place again.

Until then... go numb. I hit the "STOP CARING" switch about 6 weeks ago and it is working wonders for my emotional well-being. When you are at work, just let your mind seperate from your body. Switch it off. Doctors and nurses switch it off or they go nuts or kill themselves.
At the risk of sounding like a Westie....When you really "stop caring", you need to leave. There is a difference between personal and professional "caring". We have to care about our customers/patients...it's a part of the job. :)