Welcome To My Nightmare!

At the risk of sounding like a Westie....When you really "stop caring", you need to leave. There is a difference between personal and professional "caring". We have to care about our customers/patients...it's a part of the job. :)

At the risk of sounding like an Eastie, leaving is not an option. That is what the company wants so they can replace me with an 18 year-old who could really care less. Need the health insurance, as well.

Here's a thought...we get paid weather the flt goes OT or not!

And speaking of OT departures, that will be a thing of the past....

This is an embarassment.Customers saying this is no customer service.
And BTW, CO says they want NO MERGE>>>hmm?wonder why? :down:

It would be nice if this AWA management would realize that their computer system, which is just fine for a regional airline, WILL NOT ever be able to handle a global legacy carrier like USAirways. The only way they will learn is when it hits them in their pockets (which it will) and now that the media is tightening the noose and exposing Parker, Kirby and the rest of the boys for the liars they are, then maybe something will be done. In all fairness to some AWA employees, they are finally beginning to see things for what they really are.

Well folks, we are into week #3, and there are no signs of things getting any better. So far since Shares started, we have 2 senior CSA agents out with heart problems, one Supervisor out with the bug, one out with FMLA, one out on family death leave, and the list goes on. No one is swaping, or signing up for overtime. When you come to work, you know you will get no lunch or breaks. Yesterday, we only had 2 agents working the ticket counter, and over 100 people in line, waiting over 2 hours to check in. All the Dash 8's were over booked , and weight restriced. I got to work 3 dash's in the soaking rain, all at the same time alone, with no help. All had misconnects, and other problems. Station Manager is on vacation, and both shift managers are busy trying to figure out why a bag missed a flight back last August 14th, at 3PM. After that, they can't help out because they are now busy interviewing a New hire hoping to fill an early out position at 8 bucks an hour so he can also enjoy our woes. Our station is totally out of control, and I see no end in sight. The jetways are always broken down, (they are all circa 1977 Allegheny), the phones never work, the printers are pre-piedmont and never work, and the list goes on and on. Everyone in our station is ready to walk out the door. My question is? ARE WE ALONE???
NO YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!

This airline is a train wreck. Embrace the fact that it will have to meltdown into a writhing heap before things get better. Then maybe Parker and Kirby will be fired and we will hopefully get a leader that will get us out of this mess. Until then... go numb. I hit the "STOP CARING" switch about 6 weeks ago and it is working wonders for my emotional well-being. When you are at work, just let your mind seperate from your body. Switch it off. Doctors and nurses switch it off or they go nuts or kill themselves.

Which F key is the "STOP CARING" key????

At the risk of sounding like an Eastie, leaving is not an option. That is what the company wants so they can replace me with an 18 year-old who could really care less. Need the health insurance, as well.
What do you care if they replace you with an 18 year old? You'll be gone! Oh, and FYI, Starbucks Corp. offers better health benefits, you become an employee- owner, and you have a constant buzz (legally, that is....)! Look into it.... :lol:

Latest posts