West F/A's wants a seperate contract ?

You are correct. The talks going on right now are moving at a snails pace at best. They are REFUSING to negotiate anything that is 1cent more costly. So they sit there looking at each other...LOL. MANY that I know and have flown with that have some sort of idea whats up with you guys and gals in the west thought you should fight for your new contract in Sec. 6 before starting talks with us for a merged contract due to the fact that we are ALREADY in our crappy contract. You guys hold the key in my opinion. As Francine Fishpaw said in Polyester,"her life is like a loooong dark highway with no exits". That is how our negotiations are. Endless and pointless. Again, I think you all hold the key.

We very well may hold the key, but at this point it is just a key. A key by itself can do nothing. We need to be able to put it to use. The clock is ticking, our negotiators are a laughingstock. I can just imagine the winks and nods that go on between the company negotiators, it makes me sick to think about it.

Our groups desperately need each other, but we need to get off the dead end road we are on

We very well may hold the key, but at this point it is just a key. A key by itself can do nothing. We need to be able to put it to use. The clock is ticking, our negotiators are a laughingstock. I can just imagine the winks and nods that go on between the company negotiators, it makes me sick to think about it.

Our groups desperately need each other, but we need to get off the dead end road we are on

More the reason for a grass root effort to display ONE US Airways, ONE Contract!!

i would just throw out a word of caution. Terms such as "Chaos" and "job action" can have consequeces in the context of the RLA. Absent section 6 negotions, a job action (such as Chaos) is illegal. Following the company's rules/policies to the letter, regardless of how long it takes, is not a job action. Likewise, informational picketing is not a job action.

Only when the section 6 process, as specified in the RLA, is exhausted is a job action (like Chaos) legal. That's why I recommended in a much earlier post that the West section 6 option be kept open but also kept as a last resort (call it the nuclear option).

You can do many things to demonstrate your displeasure. But "organizing" a job action outside the section 6 context, especially if it appears that anyone from AFA is involved, can cause big trouble. Just ask the APA at American.....

Jim
Good points that are worth re-reading.

That's why I'm saying that CHAOS is not even remotely an option during this "NEW" contract negotiations. Section 6 then worry about a new contract. They can talk about Cost Neutral all they want but we don't have CHAOS as a retaliation. That would be WAAAAAAAAAAAY off if even possible. Unity is what we need. I think it is slowly starting to happen. The reason for the company stopping the negotiations with you guys/gals is that the arbitrator ruled that a new contract was to be negotiated correct?

That's why I'm saying that CHAOS is not even remotely an option during this "NEW" contract negotiations. Section 6 then worry about a new contract. They can talk about Cost Neutral all they want but we don't have CHAOS as a retaliation. That would be WAAAAAAAAAAAY off if even possible. Unity is what we need. I think it is slowly starting to happen. The reason for the company stopping the negotiations with you guys/gals is that the arbitrator ruled that a new contract was to be negotiated correct?

Well, if you go to the AFA 66 boards, you can see a hornet's nest brewing. They want separate contracts. there are some West Senior people that are just not happy campers.

Also, there was a flyer going around how this was technically an "acquisition" and NOT a merger, so with the West being the "Acquiring" carrier, that the Union incorrectly determined DOH for integration .... that it should have been seniority determined for "acquisition" IOW ... STAPLING.

Both are AFA represented groups so the point is? DOH is how it goes.....Also for those reading that flyer....make it into an airplane cause THATS the ONLY way it will fly. Moving on......ONE GROUP SOON AND ONE CONTRACT. Thats just the way it is.....

Well, if you go to the AFA 66 boards, you can see a hornet's nest brewing. They want separate contracts. there are some West Senior people that are just not happy campers.

Also, there was a flyer going around how this was technically an "acquisition" and NOT a merger, so with the West being the "Acquiring" carrier, that the Union incorrectly determined DOH for integration .... that it should have been seniority determined for "acquisition" IOW ... STAPLING.

Your MEC President is delusional!! Someone needs to tell him to stop using meth. Geez, let it go already!

sky high states: Newsflash. Both PSA and Piedmont were acquired. They were acquisitions!

Only stating opinions.

sky high states: Newsflash. Both PSA and Piedmont were acquired. They were acquisitions!
Only stating opinions.
PSA and Piedmont Airlines were purchased by USAir with cold hard cash, that USAir had in the bank. No outside investors were involved. AWA did not have that kind of cash to purchase USAirways. Nor did USAirways have that kind of cash to purchase AWA, that is why they found the outside investors to put up the capitol, to blend these two airlines. As far as the management team being AWA that was decided by the investors, the creditors, the USAirways people and the AWA people. Simply because Mr. Parker was named Pres, CEO doesn't mean AWA bought out USAirways.

To still complain about the DOH, it is ridiculous. Both airlines were AFA carriers, so the consitution and bylaws of AFA would prevail. Parker could not even if he wanted to, say we are stapling the USAirways f/a's to the bottom of the seniority list. This argument needs to stop and those who are still crying ove this need to move on.

Back