What a Hoot!

nycbusdriver

Veteran
Dec 19, 2002
The Capital of the World
Visit site
I happened across a QuikShares Recurrent manual behind the ticket counter, and saw this emblazoned on the cover:

USAirways
................AIRLINE OF CHOICE
...............................Reliability, Convenience & Appearance

FFOCUS members should be hunched over in spasms of uncontrollable laughter over that.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

Joseph Goebbels

Just take a look at about any issue of AboutUS and count the times the phrase "Airline of Choice" appears....

Jim

Is this not a rehash of the "Carrier of choice"? It is certainly not an original idea. They used to plaster that slogan on everything too. They keep trying to toot their own horn a little too often if you ask me.

"Airline of Choice" , how Orwellian....Reminds me of the critic who called Bobcat Goldthwait's film Shakes the Clown "The Ben Hur of alcoholic clown movies"! :blink:

I think Airline of Chance is more realistic.

- Best chance of inconsistent service
- Best chance of the plane leaving 15 minutes early
- Best chance of maintenance delay
- Best chance of weather delays in PHL
... and plenty more I can't think of

"Airline of Choice" , how Orwellian....Reminds me of the critic who called Bobcat Goldthwait's film Shakes the Clown "The Ben Hur of alcoholic clown movies"! :blink:

I actually now have a copy of this DVD in my possession. (Don't ask me any questions. I won't tell you any lies. ;) ) According to the DVD cover, the quote is from the Boston Globe, and it is "The Citizen Kane of alcoholic clown movies."

Sadly, when I did a search for "clown" in the US forum.....it picked up a lot of threads. :rolleyes: I guess US still has a way to go until they become an "airline of choice." At least they're now off to a running start with free wifi in the US Clubs, and wifi on the 321's. Keep it up. :)

Latest posts