What a Mess we are at Usairways

BTW, just for the record, I'm from Northeast PA - and only a hop away from PHL, so pay no attention to my name which actually makes it look like I'm from the desert. I know, I know, why a cactus from PA. Long story... I really am just a customer who's a chairman... Not a trolling manager :)

Hi Guys, I'm new here so I don't know if this is a friendly place or not. A US Airways flight attendant told me about this forum.

I fly a lot. I'm a customer, not an employee. From a customer's perspective, US Airways has improved about 1000% from what it was about 5 years ago. I fly US Airways weekly, and granted, I don't see things through your eyes... But to put it into perspective, I have seen the planes get a lot cleaner, the flight attendands are more friendly, the reservation system works pretty well, the website is about the best in the industry in terms of speed and useability... It's not perfect, and there is a long way to go. I honestly think US Airways does a much better job than "Untied", no matter how you look at it. If United ever decided to buy US Airways, I'd really be scared. Maybe they are better to work for, maybe not - but from my perspective, they are more unreliable and useless than US Airways has ever been.

I'm a US Chairmans, and I am also a Delta Gold, and Continental Gold. I fly a lot on Southwest and JetBlue as well. I do some NWA, Frontier here and there, some Air Tran, I try to avoid United.

Long story short, US Airways has come a long way. I can honestly tell you there was a period where I wrote a complaint letter a week... Things have been a lot better lately.

Sir, with all due respect, that was pretty incoherent. Five years ago, the difference between US and AWA was like staying at the Conrad Hilton vs the Bates Hotel. Since, US has become part of the Bates family.

When operations were seperate, the east was in bankrupcy 3 days from closing its doors for good, and half of the workforce on furlough. The west was hiring, getting new planes and making record profits.
-----Classic example of revisionist history----

You are correct.

The first two lines are, indeed, a classic example of revisionist history. You just passed History 101.

BTW, just for the record, I'm from Northeast PA - and only a hop away from PHL, so pay no attention to my name which actually makes it look like I'm from the desert. I know, I know, why a cactus from PA. Long story... I really am just a customer who's a chairman... Not a trolling manager :)

Curious. What is a "trolling manager"? Do one manage trolls? or is one in management and troll?

I'm from AVP, too....a true "Eastie," even though I've been living in LA for 16 1/2 years! Despite my years in LA-LA land, I have not lost my East Coast edge!

Actually we have managers here from US or the "Sandcastle" that from time to time will troll the forums and are managed by the head TROLL aka Dougweiser...

Come to think of it we haven't heard back from these trolls in Corporate Communications, I mean the little troll promised me some information and he just disappears in a typical Tempe fashion...Lame...

SS - you're from AVP too - how cool is that! We're not a big city, it is cool to see someone else here from AVP. I'm a PBI guy now actually... But I live in both cities. I never sold my house in AVP, so I travel back and forth a lot.

SS - you're from AVP too - how cool is that! We're not a big city, it is cool to see someone else here from AVP. I'm a PBI guy now actually... But I live in both cities. I never sold my house in AVP, so I travel back and forth a lot.

If you're that Chairmans Preferred who keeps staring at an intern in PBI...knock it off ;) I'm from PBI ;) I'm always on US1773 atleast once a week. key word is "atleast"

Latest posts