What do we know about Steve Luis?

Jul 14, 2004
Does anyone out there know anything about this guy Steve Luis? Is he another Ed Wilson, Dennis Burchette or Randy McDonald? Please leave some feedback. ;)

I know Steve is not easily pushed around. He is not one of the ol' boy's club. He has the opinion that everything the local has done needs to be reevaluated.

I believe Steve honestly cares about the membership.
He is a former business owner and knows how important it is to please a customer.

Steve dresses nice and presents a good image for a union president. He acts professional in everything he does and speaks clearly and to the point. I do not know his level of education but make the assumption he has his FCC license since he was an Avionics crew chief.

I voted for someone else but Steve was my second choice. I wanted many changes and felt Steve was too middle of the road. I believe with Steve we are more better off than we have been in years.

I suspect he will be a big backer of variable compensation plans.

He is on the AA Marketing Committee, very involved in "working together" and I believe his top priority will be third party work not recovery of our wages and benefits.

When he is seen out to lunch, it is usually with suits not card carrying members.

I hope that my opinion of him is wrong, or we are faced with another Dennis Burchette company man with a little more brains.

When he ran last time, it was reported that he was a "company plant". But that was reported by incumbent officers and opposition candidates.

Steve is married and has children in the home, and I suspect the Local President job in Tulsa will be such a strain on his marriage, that he will be faced with tough decisions on the home front.

All of that said, at least we have a well spoken, smart individual that will present a good image as our leader. That is something we have not had in a long time in Tulsa.

Time will tell with Steve Luis. I am skeptical as always until I am proven wrong.

Latest posts

Back